• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
MsdyEk3.png

Edit: goddamn it gata. this was the perfect first post.

Bowser

PFT on the logical reasons why the Giants basically will have to make Eli the highest paid player in the game:

More important than Manning’s base salary of $17 million in 2016 is his cap number of $19.75 million.

So if the Giants use the franchise tag on Manning in 2016, he’ll make 20 percent more than $19.75 million. Which (abacus engaged) equates to $23.7 million. Which is $1.7 million more than the current high-water mark of $22 million per year, set by Aaron Rodgers in 2013.

And that’s assuming the Giants simply use the non-exclusive version of the franchise tag. If they go exclusive, the number for 2016 will be closer to $25 million.

So why wouldn’t Eli want more than $22 million on a long-term deal? While it can be spun by the team that he’s looking to be the “highest-paid player in the league,” the truth is that Eli is simply trying to take fair advantage of the leverage his current deal creates.

That leverage consists of another 20-percent raise in 2017, when his franchise tender would be $28.44 million under the non-exclusive tag and roughly $30 million under the exclusive tag. That’s a $50.44 million minimum and a $55 million maximum over two years.

So why should Manning do a long-term deal that pays less than $50 million over the first two years?

If that $25 million per year annual average makes him the highest-paid player in the NFL, so be it. It’s not Manning’s fault that no one else has managed to exceed the $25 million barrier.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-wants-to-be-highest-paid-player-in-the-game/

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
PFT on the logical reasons why the Giants basically will have to make Eli the highest paid player in the game:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-wants-to-be-highest-paid-player-in-the-game/

Giants will pay him and nobody will think it's controversial.

But that reminds me...

We both love him for different reasons. I love him because it's somehow possible for the Eagles to shutout his offense while having the 28th ranked defense. I would want to tank and draft the best possible QB next year if I were a fan of the Giants.

So since you don't think the Eagles should tank and draft a QB, you're basically saying that you believe that Bradford is better than Eli?

Pepi has already begun living the kas lifestyle

And the second Bradford goes down, he'll get the receipts shoved in his face just like someone with the kas lifestyle deserves

Hindl

Not really. Eli is not a great quarterback by any means. Double digit interceptions and single digit wins are pretty much a given for him at this point in his career.

Oh cmon dude. Eli isn't elite but give credit where credit is due. Most of the issues around the Giants focus on how Coughlin isn't supporting Eli with line help, and when he does they all get injured. And as an Eagles fan we have no room to talk about QBs. I believe in Bradford, but he could easily turn in a shit season. But he's the best QB prospect we've had in 7 years. Our QB turnover has been almost Browns level. Kolb. Vick. Foles. Sanchez. If we could've gotten Eli at any point during that we would have, and if you disagree you're just blind.

Pepiope

Oh cmon dude. Eli isn't elite but give credit where credit is due. Most of the issues around the Giants focus on how Coughlin isn't supporting Eli with line help, and when he does they all get injured. And as an Eagles fan we have no room to talk about QBs. I believe in Bradford, but he could easily turn in a shit season. But he's the best QB prospect we've had in 7 years. Our QB turnover has been almost Browns level. Kolb. Vick. Foles. Sanchez. If we could've gotten Eli at any point during that we would have, and if you disagree you're just blind.
Eli of 7 years a go, sure. I'm not worried about Eli right now. Romo is far and away the best non-eagle QB in the division.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Eli of 7 years a go, sure. I'm not worried about Eli right now. Romo is far and away the best non-eagle QB in the division.

Eli had a pretty great season statistically last year though. Far better than any season Bradford has had.

I'm more inclined to believe that 2013 Eli was an aberration versus Bradford just "never getting a fair shot in a good system".

Romo also has the best offensive line in football and no rings. I've defended Romo several times on this board but I wouldn't consider them light years apart or anything.

ampere

Eli had a pretty great season statistically last year though. Far better than any season Bradford has had.

I'm more inclined to believe that 2013 Eli was an aberration versus Bradford just "never getting a fair shot in a good system".

Romo also has the best offensive line in football and no rings. I've defended Romo several times on this board but I wouldn't consider them light years apart or anything.

Preach brother, Romo gets too much hate especially from teams that don't have anyone half as good

Eli of 7 years a go, sure.
Funny considering the Eli of 4 years ago put up nearly 5000 yards and won a Super Bowl.

2013 he had his entire line completely fall apart and it showed. Though I'm not a deluded homer and you'd have to be to not say that Eli could have and should have played better in that spot.

Last year though, a whole new offense led by McAdoo and he puts up 4400 yards, 30 TD's and a 92.1 passer rating on the season. The Giants were shit, but not because of Eli Manning.

Even with is flaws (and there are many), its not even an argument that he's more proven and far and away a better QB than Sam Bradford. Maybe that changes when he can stay on the field long enough to prove otherwise but we aren't there.

You're seriously Kas level deluded if you think otherwise.

Jak brought out the ether on that one, damn

Eli has had a lot of mediocre or shit seasons, but he had 2 good ones when he needed to

Sam Bradford has only had good seasons in your fantasy world

Bradford is a complete unknown at this point, maybe being in a great system surround by talent turns him into a good QB, whereas Eli is a known quantity for sure now. I would absolutely take Bradford if given the choice between the 2 now, since I think Bradford's celling is higher. Obviously Bradford could get hurt and never play a down, but that is true of anyone.

bionic77

Wow @ the public fucking with the baby thread.

You have to be careful with extreme fucking like that you. You don't want to screw things up where you need to choke someone, get shit on or hold a baby to get off.

Thats how you get FMTed.

Very interested in this game against the Packers. Rodgers may not want to come out against our defense. If he doesn't score at least 40 on us in the first quarter against our defense I think we can safely say that Munn stole all of his powers (unless Aaron is one of those players who gets gun shy when players are 20 yards open thinking that we must be tricking him into seeing something that is not there). I am also interested in seeing our first teamers on offense against the Packers defense. Should be fun!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Only reason I defend Romo is because of statistics. You can't argue against numbers. Outside that, fuck the Cowboys.

I was also waiting for Future to show up finally.

Bradford is a complete unknown at this point, maybe being in a great system surround by talent turns him into a good QB, whereas Eli is a known quantity for sure now. I would absolutely take Bradford if given the choice between the 2 now, since I think Bradford's celling is higher. Obviously Bradford could get hurt and never play a down, but that is true of anyone.

Jesus, the kas is spreading.

I was also waiting for Future to show up finally.
Honestly it gets old arguing nonsense. I mean, I could have a conversation with a Cowboys fan who wants to tell me Romo is a better regular season QB. Of that, there's no argument to be had. He simply is and I'm ok with saying that. I'll give Romo shit for coming up small in big spots but he's also a guy that took way too much shit for some really mediocre Cowboys teams around him. Come the playoffs though? I'll take Eli - he's simply more proven in that spot.

Fucking Sam Bradford though? Gimme a fucking break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom