• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Yeah man, I think it will be pretty cool seeing them go head to head. I am very curious to see how the o-line handles the Panthers d-line as well. Do you think Johnson will be back soon? Those Dolphins OT's and OG's need all the competition they can get!

Rivera said Johnson won't go until next week. He's got a calf injury. He tried to practice yesterday, but felt sore so they decided to hold him out for the rest of the week. Lotulelei still has a boot on his foot so he won't be practicing for a few weeks. Short should be able to go though. The competition for the other DE spot has been disappointing as everyone there has been fairly lackluster. Panthers were hoping for either last year's 2nd round pick Kony Ealy or veteran Frank Alexander to step up and own that spot opposite Johnson, but neither has looked up to the task so far.

Damn I was hoping you'd have a healthy D-Line, we really need to push our guards. I hope Cam tests our CB/LBs too, still too many question marks at those positions.

If your OL gets whipped by the DL we have out there these next two days, I'd be pretty worried lol.

Rivera said Johnson won't go until next week. He tried to practice yesterday, but felt sore so they decided to hold him out for the rest of the week. Lotulelei still has a boot on his foot so he won't be practicing for a few weeks. Short should be able to go though. The competition for the other DE spot has been disappointing as everyone there has been fairly lackluster. Panthers were hoping for either last year's 2nd round pick Kony Ealy or veteran Frank Alexander to step up and own that spot opposite Johnson, but neither has looked up to the task so far.

If your OL gets whipped by the DL we have out there these next two days, I'd be pretty worried lol.

I can already feel the disappointment.

MRSA

Banned
My internet is back up (no thanks to chris)

But y'all heathens, this is the best IPA

pliny-the-elder.jpg

At least until next spring when I can finally try Pliny the Younger

Doomsayer

I know who's hosting the nfl-gaf meetup!

I actually just got a new place - come one come all!

My internet is back up (no thanks to chris)

But y'all heathens, this is the best IPA

http://factoide.com.br/wp-content/uploads/pliny-the-elder.jpg[img]

At least until next spring when I can finally try Pliny the Younger[/QUOTE]

Well, Pliny is delicious but it's been dethroned. Even most of El Segundo's IPA's are close/better than Pliny. Pliny the Younger is damn good, though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

ACE 1991

What's everyone's fantasy draft strategy this year? Playing in a standard PPR league (QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN BN BN BN BN BN) and would love to hear what people are thinking.

cdyhybrid

There's no Sonic or Popeye's in Seattle. We need to step our fast food game up. Have to go south and fight ridiculous traffic to get some =\

inb4 NBA team joke

IT'S UP

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-san-francisco-49ers-1724542048

I mean holy shit did you see the offseason we had? It would’ve gone better if the entire team had just gotten the bubonic plague.
Holy shit. I don’t even know where to start.
Does anybody even fucking know what’s going on in this organization?
Jesus Fucking Christ. Hey, let’s fire the best coach the franchise has seen since Bill Walsh and hire a guy that changed the oil on my Nissan Versa last week.
I honestly don’t know which one of my favorite teams will be worse next year, the 49ers or the Sacramento Kings. Jesus Christ that’s a depressing statement.
The best linebacker of our team’s history retired at 30. His replacement retired after his rookie season. We drafted AJ Jenkins instead of Alshon Jeffery. Justin Smith is gone.
I don’t care if Jim Harbaugh is medically insane (he is), if you run the coach out of town who took your team from absolute embarrassing garbage-pail irrelevance to conference-dominating powerhouse in ZERO YEARS, you are not only stupid, you don’t care about winning.
I feel like Ray Velcoro looking for clues in some creepy Hollywood sex dungeon. Nothing makes sense, everything is weird, and there is a camera in the corner that captured all the bad shit that went on.

They pretend to get a hot young start up coordinator in Adam Gase, only to tell him that he can’t run his offense, and can’t hire his own staff because Trent Baalke runs that show. Gase decides to pass. So instead of doing any more work, they just promote everyone who is left to coordinator positions, hire a lap dog in Jim Tomsula to be yes man/Coach, and then pretend that was their plan all along. The new QB coach who will mentor Kaep? He was hosting a radio show last year.
Despite having billions of dollars, a massive PR arm and bankrolling several city council members, the Forty Niners recently lost their bid to pave over some youth soccer fields adjacent to Levi’s. What could possibly have been their undoing? A 60 second video of a bunch of kids singing a terrible parody of the “Beverly Hillbillies” theme song about Jed York.

Jed York is so hated he was defeated by the portion of a school’s talent show you’d intentionally miss.
I’ve read that Washington fans feel like the team will never be good as long as they’re alive, since Dan Snyder is only 50 and he’s never going to sell.

Jed York is only 35.

Hindl

Over hyped East Coast. Still great, but man was it disappointing after the hype beast for it.

I feel like that's always the case though. Great product that's hyped up to hell by it's consumers, then can't possibly live up to it. I felt the same about Pliny, great, but didn't live up to the hype. I was given a Heady Topper with no context or anything and loved it. I was told for months about how amazing Pliny was and when I finally got it, it was fantastic, but still fell short. Though Heady Topper is more a refinement of the conventional double IPA, while Pliny uses those special hops to make it different and unique from the others, so I could see the difference there.

Dragon

Banned
I hope you have one ready for Odell Beckham Jr. for SB 50 against the Pats. 4th & 20, falling GW TD catch as time expires.

XD

Jokes on you, no way the Pats make the SB this year.

Over hyped East Coast. Still great, but man was it disappointing after the hype beast for it.

There are plenty of good beers everywhere, no need to hate on the East Coast. Charlotte has some great breweries!

Dragon

Banned
That isn't what I meant - I trade a lot and people on the East Coast totally overvalue their beer.

Have you been to Westbrook brewing?

I'm still not sure what you mean to be honest. My favorite breweries in Charlotte are Triple C, NoDa and Sycamore. But I'm really big into the IPA and Double IPAs.

Looking up Westbrook brewery, seems to be about 3 hours from where I live.

Dragon vaginakiller.

That's what the ladies say!

gutshot

What's everyone's fantasy draft strategy this year? Playing in a standard PPR league (QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN BN BN BN BN BN) and would love to hear what people are thinking.

Obviously, it depends on where you are picking, but I feel like the top RBs this year all have question marks. My preference is to take a stud WR first and then pick up a solid but unspectacular RB in the second (Forte, Forsett, Murray, etc.). From there you more or less take BPA, while paying close attention to your opponent's rosters to see where you can wait on a position and get decent value out of a later round (this works best for QB and TE). And then pick your DEF and K last.

That's my basic drafting strategy this season.

Godslay

Banned
@Jeff_Legwold

Saw that.

Looked like him and Barth were going back and forth with longer and longer distances.

Prater could hit 70, easier to do in practice though because you aren't kicking over a defensive line.

I'd be fine with a cap on 50 yard FGs from a kicker as long as they are consistent and can also frequently kick touchbacks.

Either way we should only end up with 2 kickers, ideally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom