• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
‏@ochocinco 6m6 minutes ago
Dolphins winning their division this year... 🐬

Welp, we're doomed.

bender-doomed.jpg

Romo is older than Eli but he has just now peaked. He was even clutch last year in the playoffs. Might be a bit of homer delusion, but right now I'd pick Romo over Eli for a playoff game, based on what I saw last year. Romo and Witten are HUNGRY. Think of that 4th and 6 last year in the Lions game.

Your team's defensive line is going to eat the Patriots' offensive line for breakfast, lunch, dinner and then take them home and make them walk crooked the next day...

Yeah maybe, but then we'll lose to the Bills and Jets to miss the playoffs.

#Dolphinsfootball

And people wonder why I root for the Cowboys too.

#IBELIEVEINROMO
#RESTORETHEYEEHAW

Saw that.

Looked like him and Barth were going back and forth with longer and longer distances.

Prater could hit 70, easier to do in practice though because you aren't kicking over a defensive line.

I'd be fine with a cap on 50 yard FGs from a kicker as long as they are consistent and can also frequently kick touchbacks.

Either way we should only end up with 2 kickers, ideally.

Fuck I just want some stability at the kicker spot, I think Barth cost us games last year by missing key FGs that he should have made. The Prater cut seems like the right move as he didn't look like the same great kicker he was prior to his suspension. He was clearly going stuff with his alcohol problems.

TheFatOne

What kind of blocking scheme do the Pats run?

Hopefully a change of scenery does this guy some good... we need a lot of help on the O-line.

Scheme is not the problem with Devey. He's just not good. Gets run over consistently, can't pass block, and can't run block. He's worthless. At best he's a practice squad guy. A change of scenery probably won't do anything. He's just pure garbage.

Doomsayer

Scheme is not the problem with Devey. He's just not good. Gets run over consistently, can't pass block, and can't run block. He's worthless. At best he's a practice squad guy. A change of scenery probably won't do anything. He's just pure garbage.

So trade a promising young TE for a garbage OL?

RBHlighter.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Fuck I just want some stability at the kicker spot, I think Barth cost us games last year by missing key FGs that he should have made. The Prater cut seems like the right move as he didn't look like the same great kicker he was prior to his suspension. He was clearly going stuff with his alcohol problems.

It's good they keep bringing guys in for competition.

I guess Lanning was besting Colquitt for punts and he can kick off too.

Should be interesting but I'm guessing McManus and Colquitt get it.

Up in the air right now though!

bionic77

So what you're saying is that you just need an all-time defense to win? Not sure if the Eagles possess that though.

This sounds more like the Texans gameplan than the Iggles.
An all time great defense helps but lets say you use that extra money to get an elite player on offense and and two on defense and use the rest of the savings to give you depth.

Lets say the elite player is a Megatron or Antonio Brown type receiver. Add in a solid back and a good offensive line and you can go pretty far with a good qb (which are not as easy to find as one might think).

Lets say you get a borderline shut down corner and a pass rusher out of that money. That is going to make every game close and give the rest of the defense the ability to make plays.

Now you have depth so you don't have to redline all of your players and you have some options when someone goes out for a 3 games. Plus you have an amazing special teams unit.

Add all of that shit together and you have a credible SB team. Now these good but not great qb's can win with that if they get a few breaks (home field in the playoffs, good matchups and no big deficits). Add in a great coach and some serious cheating and you have Tammy and the Pats.

An elite qb comes in handy when you need to win some games on the road or you get behind big or when all else fails and you need someone to bail your ass out.

The margin for error is fucking impossible in either scenario but I think you can win with a very good qb who is cheap and a great team around him.

Jed York is only 35?

Poor FMT
This is the saddest thing I have ever seen.

FMT I won't dog on your if you jump on the Steelers Superbowl wagon this year. We are going to be the first team to win seven Superbowls and this year we will do it without a real defense. I believe!

squicken

Eagles friends, just wait and let Bradford's game speak for itself. It's all a matter of health

As far as Eli, I will never say a bad word about that man. A hero and a national treasure

Bowser

What's everyone's fantasy draft strategy this year? Playing in a standard PPR league (QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN BN BN BN BN BN) and would love to hear what people are thinking.

Not sure about PPR, but in standard leagues, if I have a top 6 pick, I'm content with any of Bell/Peterson/Charles/Lacy/Lynch/A. Brown.

If I have a pick between 7-10 (or 12) and those 6 are gone, I'm going stud WRs back to back and targeting guys like Alfred Morris, Lamar Miller, Jonathan Stewart, Frank Gore, and Mark Ingram in rounds 3-4.

ACE 1991

Not sure about PPR, but in standard leagues, if I have a top 6 pick, I'm content with any of Bell/Peterson/Charles/Lacy/Lynch/A. Brown.

If I have a pick between 7-10 (or 12) and those 6 are gone, I'm going stud WRs back to back and targeting guys like Alfred Morris, Lamar Miller, Jonathan Stewart, Frank Gore, and Mark Ingram in rounds 3-4.

Oops, meant standard not PPR. And yes, this is more or less my thought.

TheFatOne

So trade a promising young TE for a garbage OL?

RBHlighter.jpg

Can you tell me more about this TE? I really can't find much about him. Seems like the Pats were high on him when he was an UDFA. Is he any good on special teams? Some insight into the Pats for this trade.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 3h3 hours ago
Mike Loyko retweeted Matt Maiocco
#Patriots offered him big UDFA contract after last year's draft

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 3h3 hours ago
Cleveland chose 49ers over #Patriots offer last April. I know Pats gave some thought to drafting him last in 2014 draft too.

Doomsayer

Can you tell me more about this TE? I really can't find much about him. Seems like the Pats were high on him when he was an UDFA. Is he any good on special teams? Some insight into the Pats for this trade.

Athletic, made huge strides in camp this year. Impressed coaches with his natural pass catching ability and how well he ran routes. Blocking leaves a bit to be desired and he has slow feet when getting to his man in ZBS.

I think he may have been our long snapper at one point last year, as well.

bionic77

Eagles friends, just wait and let Bradford's game speak for itself. It's all a matter of health

As far as Eli, I will never say a bad word about that man. A hero and a national treasure
I agree that no bad word should be said about Eli either.

But I wish he could have waited a little longer to have sex with his wife. The prior arrangement where Eli bought her stuff and Peyton took care of the scary stuff in the bedroom worked out so well for the Giants and really all of America. But I can't hold it against the guy if he couldn't wait any longer. Sometimes you want your kids to look like you instead of your bro with that giant ass. And sometimes it is more fun to have sexual intercourse with your wife instead of spending the night crying on the bathroom floor listening to Peyton calling audibles in the bedroom. We get it Eli.

MRSA

Banned
Hey guys. Some of you may recall a flight attendant wanting to knock boots, well outta nowhere she messages me saying she's getting a divorce and in town.

TheFatOne

Athletic, made huge strides in camp this year. Impressed coaches with his natural pass catching ability and how well he ran routes. Blocking leaves a bit to be desired and he has slow feet when getting to his man in ZBS.

I think he may have been our long snapper at one point last year, as well.

I'm just hoping he can be better than our back up TE Hoomanawanui. That would be sweet.

Spinluck

But I wish he could have waited a little longer to have sex with his wife. The prior arrangement where Eli bought her stuff and Peyton took care of the scary stuff in the bedroom worked out so well for the Giants and really all of America. But I can't hold it against the guy if he couldn't wait any longer. Sometimes you want your kids to look like you instead of your bro with that giant ass. And sometimes it is more fun to have sexual intercourse with your wife instead of spending the night crying on the bathroom floor listening to Peyton calling audibles in the bedroom. We get it Eli.

:jnc

Double :jnc at the rest of the post

MRSA

Banned
This sounds awesome ONLY if she always wears the uniform.

Otherwise meh.

I only foresee that scenario since she flies in to LAX and John Wayne frequently. She has to stay overnight sometimes so she gets a hotel room, seems like a good side job for me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
An all time great defense helps but lets say you use that extra money to get an elite player on offense and and two on defense and use the rest of the savings to give you depth.

Lets say the elite player is a Megatron or Antonio Brown type receiver. Add in a solid back and a good offensive line and you can go pretty far with a good qb (which are not as easy to find as one might think).

Lets say you get a borderline shut down corner and a pass rusher out of that money. That is going to make every game close and give the rest of the defense the ability to make plays.

Now you have depth so you don't have to redline all of your players and you have some options when someone goes out for a 3 games. Plus you have an amazing special teams unit.

Add all of that shit together and you have a credible SB team. Now these good but not great qb's can win with that if they get a few breaks (home field in the playoffs, good matchups and no big deficits). Add in a great coach and some serious cheating and you have Tammy and the Pats.

An elite qb comes in handy when you need to win some games on the road or you get behind big or when all else fails and you need someone to bail your ass out.

The margin for error is fucking impossible in either scenario but I think you can win with a very good qb who is cheap and a great team around him.

This is the saddest thing I have ever seen.

FMT I won't dog on your if you jump on the Steelers Superbowl wagon this year. We are going to be the first team to win seven Superbowls and this year we will do it without a real defense. I believe!

I mean, sure, it's possible to win the Super Bowl with all that in theory.

Steelers did it once the first time with Ben, Ravens, Bucs, etc.

I still liked it better when only 10-6 teams won Super Bowls.

I think we can kinda blame Eli for the Pats winning* the Super Bowl last season then. He wasn't around to slay the dragon yet again.

Malalaw

Bout to go work down a road called Raiders Road. From what I'm seeing its gonna be good in spots and absolutely fucked in others.

Spinluck

Hey guys. Some of you may recall a flight attendant wanting to knock boots, well outta nowhere she messages me saying she's getting a divorce and in town.

Hopefully she finds out you're a nasty drugged up crack slut.

Speaking of trying to bake some cakes. I have acquired the number of a cute blonde (be jealous Wienke) on Okcipid. I made it clear that I am moving out of the area soon so I'm pretty sure she just wants the Spindick.

But there might be some red flags, but I like em somewhat crazy so I don't mind.

Spinwhore might be back!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hopefully she finds out you're a nasty drugged up crack slut.

Speaking of trying to bake some cakes. I have acquired the number of a cute blonde (be jealous Wienke) on Okcipid. I made it clear that I am moving out of the area soon so I'm pretty sure she just wants the Spindick.

But there might be some red flags, but I like em somewhat crazy so I don't mind.

Spinwhore might be back!

I've been dating this blonde chick for like a month now. Way ahead of you son.

edit: I was practically liveblogging in here on our first date!

Spinfuck gonna blow the deal by cooking his patented ketchup rice dish.

Either that or his veggie lasagna... ugh

Spinluck

I've been dating this blonde chick for like a month now. Way ahead of you son.

edit: I was practically liveblogging in here on our first date!

Either that or his veggie lasagna... ugh

I bet my blonde can kick your blondes ass
then proceed to makeout.

bionic77

I mean, sure, it's possible to win the Super Bowl with all that in theory.

Steelers did it once the first time with Ben, Ravens, Bucs, etc.

I still liked it better when only 10-6 teams won Super Bowls.

I think we can kinda blame Eli for the Pats winning* the Super Bowl last season then. He wasn't around to slay the dragon yet again.
Don't you fucking dare.

Ben was raw but he was already a great qb that season. Team went to shit the minute he was hurt and he fucking carried them to the Superbowl against 3 teams that were all supposed to destroy us. Having some of the best stats in history in his first 3 game if memory serves us. Now it is common as fuck for a team to win all 3 road games but it was something that had pretty much never been done before Ben got that look in his eyes where he was not going to take no for an answer. Also we were not some garbage team that needed a miracle from the Eagles and the biggest choke of all time from the Giants to get in. We earned that shit and won 11 games that regular season. Once Ben came back and got his rape legs underneath him we did not lose the rest of the season. Even when that fat ass Bettis tried to sabotage the entire thing (though to be fair to his fat ass the refs helped) Ben fucking saved the season by making the best play of the game on defense. Ben choked in the Superbowl but it was his second year in the league and it was just a fraudulent them that probably even Russle Wilson could have beaten (though you never know with that fraud ass bitch). He didn't get the luxury of sitting on the bench for 10 years like ARod to learn the position. He also didn't almost lose to Jay Cutler's backup in the championship game. No, he scored like 4 TDs in the first half against an all time great hand ball player (who outplayed Tammy the week before) and celebrated like only a midwestern white man can. Remember that, we were supposed to win that Superbowl against the Beras. You only won it because Cutler is a giant pussy and decided he would rather ride a bike on the sidelines instead of score 4 points or whatever pathetic amount was needed to beat the Packers that day. If Culter was not a pussy and a piece of shit the Steelers have 7 Superbowl and Packer nation is shitting on Rodgers and wishing they never let Farve go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom