• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 1m1 minute ago
I don't understand how Kaepernick continues to lose yardage when he runs out of bounds instead of throwing the ball away. Amazing.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Dolphins fan? We have Watkins who played well last year and has been good in camp. Terrible loss for his leadership but it's nothing we can't overcome.

Yeah.

I'm a little worried of about the D; we have a lot of unknowns who we need to step up - especially at LB / Non-Grimes CBs / and now potentially safety. Isn't Watkins a second year or third year guy? Plus, Delmas was really good when healthy.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 1m1 minute ago
I don't understand how Kaepernick continues to lose yardage when he runs out of bounds instead of throwing the ball away. Amazing.

When did he do this? If he's talking about the Texans game he is an idiot. Kap threw the ball away (which is why he was 1/3 and not 1/2).

If he's watching a practice today then idk

Bowser

Easy, he's stupid.

pI1w9.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
"My friend and I were texting about the Bills for this upcoming season. He has completely bought into the team this year, and when I mentioned that they still don’t have a quarterback, his response was “Matt Cassel is the best QB we’ve had since Drew Bledsoe.”

That statement is 100% accurate and also one of the most depressing things I’ve ever read."

Pepiope

Brandon Lee Gowton
‏@BrandonGowton
Jordan Matthews got shoved in the back to the ground by Ravens DB (33) well after play was over. Got up said something as he walked away.

The Ravens starting trouble. Don't hurt Sam!

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
"My friend and I were texting about the Bills for this upcoming season. He has completely bought into the team this year, and when I mentioned that they still don’t have a quarterback, his response was “Matt Cassel is the best QB we’ve had since Drew Bledsoe.”

That statement is 100% accurate and also one of the most depressing things I’ve ever read."

I wish the Bills would tank the season and just get the #1 pick and use it on a QB. That team reminds me of the Seahawks before we got RW.

Yeah.

I'm a little worried of about the D; we have a lot of unknowns who we need to step up - especially at LB / Non-Grimes CBs / and now potentially safety. Isn't Watkins a second year or third year guy? Plus, Delmas was really good when healthy.

Seems like the CBs have stepped up so far with McCain looking really good as our slot guy and Taylor has had a good camp. I'm with you on the LBs though, it could go either way with them. The only one I'm confident on is Jenkins, Misi seems to be injured prone, the other McCain had a good year for the limited time he play but I don't know how he'll handle full time duties. Oops it's Aikens not Watkins my bad, anyways yeah he's 2nd year guy but shows promise and we also have Thomas that can play safety.

Guys, apparently, the Ravens O is just TORCHING the Eagles D

Brian Bower ‏@sportguyRSR 44m44 minutes ago
Buck Allen ripped off a touchdown run vs. #Eagles second team defense. #Ravens RB's & TE's dominated one on one drills vs. Eagles.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I wish the Bills would tank the season and just get the #1 pick and use it on a QB. That team reminds me of the Seahawks before we got RW.

It is a shame to see a talented team go to waste. But, we haven't had a talented team to let go to waste in more than a decade. Progress!

Seems like the CBs have stepped up so far with McCain looking really good as our slot guy and Taylor has had a good camp. I'm with you on the LBs though, it could go either way with them. The only one I'm confident on is Jenkins, Misi seems to be injured prone, the other McCain had a good year for the limited time he play but I don't know how he'll handle full time duties. Oops it's Aikens not Watkins my bad, anyways yeah he's 2nd year guy but shows promise and we also have Thomas that can play safety.
It's cool how some of the small school freak athletes seem to be working out so far. Aikens and Fede are the two that come to mind and hopefully Billy Turner will be a solid starter at OG. I like that drafting philosophy in later rounds, focus on measurables and athleticism versus the prestige of the school or conference a guy played in.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
It is a shame to see a talented team go to waste. But, we haven't had a talented team to let go to waste in more than a decade. Progress!

thing is; that team with even a top 20 QB is a dark horse super bowl contender. People forget how good of a coach Rex Ryan is.

It's cool how some of the small school freak athletes seem to be working out so far. Aikens and Fede are the two that come to mind and hopefully Billy Turner will be a solid starter at OG. I like that drafting philosophy in later rounds, focus on measurables and athleticism versus the prestige of the school or conference a guy played in.

Yeah I like the talent the FO has built so far, like everyone says on paper we have a pretty good team, it's all up to the coaches to put it together. I have faith in Lazor....but that's it. Seems like Philbin is changing (Per Armando) so hopefully it sticks. I've been against Philbin since last year but I'll take him and a playoff birth over another rebuild.

Sorry Dolphins GAF u guys didn't pray to football gods enough.

The sacrifices were going to start tonight :(

I like Delmas and he's a good starter but he's super injury prone so this isn't surprising. More than anything I just want the key starters on defense to stay healthy; Reshad Jones, Wake, Jelani Jenkins, Suh, and Grimes. That is a solid core of talent.

When did he do this? If he's talking about the Texans game he is an idiot. Kap threw the ball away (which is why he was 1/3 and not 1/2).

If he's watching a practice today then idk

This is the year that we jettison Kap if he doesn't perform right?

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-san-francisco-49ers-1724542048

Some of these comments are gold..
The broadcast announcers ALWAYS mention that Kaep threw a 97MPH fastball in college. Without fail he will then throw a 97MPH missile to a receiver four yards away, one who clearly isn’t done with his route, which bounces off the dude’s chest into Richard Sherman’s awaiting arms. At this point, I am more curious as to Kaep’s lifetime free throw percentage.

I like Delmas and he's a good starter but he's super injury prone so this isn't surprising. More than anything I just want the key starters on defense to stay healthy; Reshad Jones, Wake, Jelani Jenkins, Suh, and Grimes. That is a solid core of talent.

Yup, plus Tannehill, Miller, the whole WR core, Camron, Pouncy and Albert on offense we have enough talent for a playoff push.

Pepiope

Brandon Lee Gowton
‏@BrandonGowton
Eagles-Ravens skirmish taking place at far end of field. Third string players. Tebow trying to break it up. Nothing too crazy.

Tebow is a good man.

Can't tell for certain from his timeline, but this was his next tweet:

U59DLB5.png

Then he is an idiot. I find it funny that if another qb did what kap did (wait until the last possible moment to keep the play alive) they are commended but when kap does it he ran out of bounds.... even though he didnt.

Mindlog

Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO 2h2 hours ago

#Bucs coach Lovie Smith's decision to change practice to 9:30 am paid off. Workout today was best of camp, Smith said.
Fuck yeah! It's starting to come together. Now we know when to start practice.

Siege the Day.

czvWpfm.jpg

Lol and replace Kap with who? He's the franchise QB, like it or not!!

I don't know anymore. At this point, I'm hoping for a Jed York racist tirade tape to be released so that the team can be sold.

Maybe? That's the great thing about Kap's contract!

But this year is all on him. If he has a great year we are a playoff team. If he has a poor year we are picking top 5

I love how sports agents were facepalming when Kap signed that contract. I know it doesn't sound like it but I still hope Kap figures it out this year.

Also...I get the impression that Baalke's keeping Geep around to have a shot at drafting his son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom