• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Houston NFL GAF was going to do a thing and even invite cajun until Mech decided to be an asshole per usual.

I think you have a fixation on assholes or something.

We can do a Houston nfl gaf meetup with or without mech.

squicken

-Sucks about Benjamin. So far they are saying it is a sprain, but I wouldn't totally buy that. Could be they are just hoping physical exam diagnosis is wrong

-Stop it w/Reggie Wayne. He's not Steve Smith. He has nothing left. Not sure he can run a sub 5.0 40

-Delmas is always hurt. It sucks but if the Dolphins were relying on him then that is their mistake

jakncoke

Banned
I would drink a beer or 12 with any of you hobgoblins as long as you're not a fighting drink no one got time for that. Buzz kill city usa

Fantomex

A great read, it's like we achieve the impossible. When simple logic and numbers say we can't possibly fail, we prove that we can!

The Dolphins’ Mission of Mediocrity

As he enters his fourth season at the helm of the Miami Dolphins, Joe Philbin has to look back on his first three seasons with a certain appreciation for adequacy. After starting with a 7-9 mark in 2012, Philbin’s teams have gone 8-8 in both 2013 and 2014. The Dolphins have been outscored over that time frame by all of 32 points; the average score in their games under Philbin has been 21-21. They’ve been ho-hum for so long that you’re probably asking them to pipe down.

That’s all taking the longer view. Get down in the game-by-game details and you’ll recognize that the Dolphins have been a very frustrating average team over that span. It’s not as if they haven’t delivered any big wins under Philbin. They beat the Seahawks in 2012 just as Seattle was ascending into the dominant team we’ve known since. Miami has beaten the Bengals, Chargers, and Patriots two times each over the past three seasons. There are games in which the Dolphins look like they belong among the upper class of the NFL.

And yet, there have also been too many games in which the Dolphins simply haven’t shown up. Miami lost seven games between 2012 and 2013 against teams that finished the year with six wins or fewer.1 That includes the most important game from the Philbin era, a 19-0 humiliation in 2013 at the hands of the Bills in a game where the Dolphins could have clinched a playoff berth with a victory. A week later, with a second chance to stay in the hunt, they lost 20-7 to an 8-8 Jets team with a 5.4-win Pythagorean expectation. The Dolphins have the same record against the Patriots under Philbin, 2-4, as they have against the Bills.

squicken

Peterson has been doing exactly that for most of the past year. He spends the bulk of his time with friends who believe he has done nothing wrong. He asks his relatives not to talk about the allegations of child abuse, not to use that word -- "abuse" -- in his presence, and they willingly play their part. While NFL insiders spent their offseason debating Peterson's actions and any hope for redemption, he acted as if not much had changed. Inside his manufactured community, he remains the victim of a colossal misunderstanding -- an icon with little to prove and nothing to redeem.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13432433/adrian-peterson-living-own-world

lame, AP

Milchjon

Yo WW or Milch. Give me some tips on Nurnberg. I'll be around there for several days next weeks. Good places to eat, have a drink, go out?

Sadly, I don't know much about Nürnberg beyond some tourist sights.

You should have no problem finding decent eats/drinking there, though.

jakncoke

Banned
Alcoholism is not a joke. Let us argue about this for...what, four or five pages?

Just kidding. This thread is the best. It's like the anti-gaf.

Its not, the thirst is relentless. But im not one of those to try and hide it. It is what is it. I'll prob go to rehab at some point and fight the thirst for the rest of my days at some point.

Spinluck

BObnae_zpsnaoancm3.gif

The man loves him some fucking Rick Ross

#whitepeopledancing

is he actually bumping to Rick Ross, that'd be hilarious.

-Delmas is always hurt. It sucks but if the Dolphins were relying on him then that is their mistake

We weren't, not like he finished with us last year. It was nice having him but Atkins and Thomas were being groomed as replacements anyways.

I'd share my wings with any of you

My bucket list includes wings and beers with greg!

A great read, it's like we achieve the impossible. When simple logic and numbers say we can't possibly fail, we prove that we can!

The Dolphins’ Mission of Mediocrity

As he enters his fourth season at the helm of the Miami Dolphins, Joe Philbin has to look back on his first three seasons with a certain appreciation for adequacy. After starting with a 7-9 mark in 2012, Philbin’s teams have gone 8-8 in both 2013 and 2014. The Dolphins have been outscored over that time frame by all of 32 points; the average score in their games under Philbin has been 21-21. They’ve been ho-hum for so long that you’re probably asking them to pipe down.

That’s all taking the longer view. Get down in the game-by-game details and you’ll recognize that the Dolphins have been a very frustrating average team over that span. It’s not as if they haven’t delivered any big wins under Philbin. They beat the Seahawks in 2012 just as Seattle was ascending into the dominant team we’ve known since. Miami has beaten the Bengals, Chargers, and Patriots two times each over the past three seasons. There are games in which the Dolphins look like they belong among the upper class of the NFL.

And yet, there have also been too many games in which the Dolphins simply haven’t shown up. Miami lost seven games between 2012 and 2013 against teams that finished the year with six wins or fewer.1 That includes the most important game from the Philbin era, a 19-0 humiliation in 2013 at the hands of the Bills in a game where the Dolphins could have clinched a playoff berth with a victory. A week later, with a second chance to stay in the hunt, they lost 20-7 to an 8-8 Jets team with a 5.4-win Pythagorean expectation. The Dolphins have the same record against the Patriots under Philbin, 2-4, as they have against the Bills.

Great read and super depression. I've made my feelings about Philbin known, I hope he does turn it around, this team has too much talent to falter again.

Fantomex

We weren't, not like he finished with us last year. It was nice having him but Atkins and Thomas were being groomed as replacements anyways.

My bucket list includes wings and beers with greg!

Great read and super depression. I've made my feelings about Philbin known, I hope he does turn it around, this team has too much talent to falter again.

Yeah it's kind of depressing, but the writer made an excellent point, after Philbin, there would be a shortage of scapegoats. That's very scary. I'm sure they'll put in on Tannehill somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom