• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
http://images.athlonsports.com/d/27937-1/stephen-a-smith-first-take-skip-bayless-2.jpg[IMG]

GTFO[/QUOTE]

We don't have to give our stars nicknames. The name Watt is the unit of power and Clowney scares millions of people worldwide.

Pepiope

It's delusional because you're operating on the assumption that Bradford staying healthy and playing well is already assured, despite mountains of evidence that suggest he will do neither.
I've never assured a healthy Bradford, but all you have to do is see how successful Vick, Sanchez, and Foles were in Chip's system to assess the "playing well" portion of the equation.

RBH

What's on the national TV schedule tonight?

N4kHTHt.png

Spinluck

:lol

When I ask the entire board for help in how to deal with a boner then you have my permission to make fun of the expensive purses I sometimes buy for my wife.

P.S. Only you could make a disaster out of Mac n Cheese or an attractive dentist laying her fat tits on your face!

P.P.S. I have to drive to Philly now so I won't be able to respond to your lame attempt at a comeback until later tonight.

We used to be friends

You'll regret this

I've never assured a healthy Bradford, but all you have to do is see how successful Vick, Sanchez, and Foles were in Chip's system to assess the "playing well" portion of the equation.

If you call losing to the redskins in a must-win game being "successful", than your expectations for Bradford make a lot more sense.

Line_HTX

http://i.imgur.com/N4kHTHt.png[img][/QUOTE]

Thursday Night Football™.

[quote="Dega, post: 176055878"][I]Oh nooo~[/I]

What you gonna do? Throw ketchup on him?[/QUOTE]

:Jnc

[quote="BigAT, post: 176055872"]Weird that a guy who only got an account 11 months ago would know who that is.[/QUOTE]

I remember Buckethead. I've never seen Lunchbox before, or whoever that is.

Pepiope

If you call losing to the redskins in a must-win game being "successful", than your expectations for Bradford make a lot more sense.
Even if we beat the Redskins, we weren't making the playoffs.

And please, Mark Sanchez was written off by the NFL and Chip turned him into something. He isn't a great QB, but he was functional in the offense. Bradford is a much more talented QB with a much better arm.

Even if we beat the Redskins, we weren't making the playoffs.

And please, Mark Sanchez was written off by the NFL and Chip turned him into something. He isn't a great QB, but he was functional in the offense. Bradford is a much more talented QB with a much better arm.

Wait is Sanchez a viable starter now? What did I miss??

You missed the part right after. He's functional. He isn't useless.

So he turned him into himself? Sanchez has been nothing but a back up for years now and he's still just a back up, Chip didn't do anything. Sanchez is just too inconsistent and that hasn't changed. You trying to claim otherwise to praise Chip makes no sense because Sanchez is still Sanchez.

Someone post the buttfumble gif.

He has more playoff appearance than Tannehill.

And he has more legitimate playoff wins than brady too,

So he turned him into himself? Sanchez has been nothing but a back up for years now and he's still just a back up, Chip didn't do anything. Sanchez is just too inconsistent and that hasn't changed. You trying to claim otherwise to praise Chip makes no sense because Sanchez is still Sanchez.

Brady legitimately won all of his playoff games, Tannehill has zero.

Pepiope

Are you serious? He completed 64% of his passes, his previous career high was 56%. He had a QB rating of 88, his previous career high was 78. He looked much more competent than he ever has. That doesn't make him great, or even an option at starting QB by any means, but he played much better under Chip than anyone would have imagined when he signed.

Are you serious? He completed 64% of his passes, his previous career high was 56%. He had a QB rating of 88, his previous career high was 78. He looked much more competent than he ever has. That doesn't make him great, or even an option at starting QB by any means, but he played much better under Chip than anyone would have imagined when he signed.

Then what does that make him? A back up....

Think about it this way, you waste your time watching regular season games that are meaningless for the browns so don't waste your time with games that are meaningless by default.

#DisrespectContinues

It's Preseason. No need to stay up. Just sleep in the normal hours like a good person.

Yes, but we actually have a shot at winning this game and maybe even see a couple of decent Manziel plays? Won't happen in the regular season.

Hindl

I'm going on a trip to Western NY later, so I won't be able to respond, but I'll just give my defense of the Eagles and why I'm excited about the year.

In spite of having butt fumble and Nick Foles as the QB, this team has been a top offense the past two years. Last year, with Butt Fumble leading us, we were 9-3 and looking at the playoffs, before a historically terrible secondary burned out and allowed opponents easy completions down the stretch. Chip created a system where even mediocre quarterbacks were able to put 30 points on the board. And from what I've seen of Bradford, I think he's at least an upgrade from Sanchez, so there's no reason to think he won't do even better in this offense. Ignoring injuries, I believe he'll do great. Of course, you can't do that with Bradford, so that's understandable. Add in that the Eagles haven't had a single QB play the whole season in over a decade, and yeah, he will probably get injured, and that'll be that.

But even ignoring Bradford, I'm excited for this team. Ignoring the O Line, this group is very young, and they are already extremely talented. Our D Line is incredible, but go unnoticed a) because of the awfulness of the secondary negated their skill, and b) in a league with lines like the Dolphins, Jets, Texans, Lions, etc. it's easy to get missed. Our WR core looks strong with Matthews and Agholor, and hopefully Huff breaks out. Zack Ertz has been great at TE, and we have decent depth behind him. Our RB situation is fantastic, and we invested heavily in the secondary to make it better. Even if the secondary is average our defense will be vastly improved. Our O Line is old, but still talented, and I think they'll continue to play well.

We may still not have the answer at QB, but all of the other positions on our team look really great right now. There's a lot of potential, and it feels good to be an Eagles fan looking to the next couple years. And Bradford could stay upright and light it up. The season could easily prove me wrong, but I believe in Chip and think the next couple of years will be good for the Eagles

So successful that one of them is starting for a team that's saying goodbye to their home in the most recent instance in sports where the fans don't give a shit they're going, another one is essentially done in the league, and only one of them is still there (and it's as a backup in a QB situation anybody with a brain following the sport makes fun of)

Most people say Thailand but Vietnam is seems to be an amazing place nowadays.

Check out the Top Gear Vietnam Special on YT. Really worth watching and yes, it looks like a fantastic place.

It would be in your best interest to sleep like a normal EU person would.

I can pick my working hours, though. So I can sleep in til almost noon if I want to.

Treat yoself man. Stay up and watch your team.

Can't wait to see all those wide open receivers against Gilbert.

One that I certainly trust keeping the team afloat if Bradford missed a game or so this season. That's more than anyone thought he was capable of.

You're literally describing a back up QB, I trust Matt Moore to play a few games if Tannehill goes down...that's all people think he's capable of, can he do it better under Chips system? I guess...I mean back up QBs run a limited playbook anyways but congrats on having a good back up? I mean sure a lot of teams don't even have that (Browns) so you've got a leg up on those teams.

Yes, but we actually have a shot at winning this game and maybe even see a couple of decent Manziel plays? Won't happen in the regular season.

Well that's true, Watching Maziel try and play football could be entertaining.

Pepiope

So successful that one of them is starting for a team that's saying goodbye to their home in the most recent instance in sports where the fans don't give a shit they're going, another one is essentially done in the league, and only one of them is still there (and it's as a backup in a QB situation anybody with a brain following the sport makes fun of)
So successful as in we've been a top offense in the NFL for the past 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom