• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

FwjqzwN.gif

Dolphins fans here are the 50 biggest moments in franchise history.

http://media.miamiherald.com/static/media/projects/2015/fins-at-50/moments/index.html

Convicted burglar Mark Henderson, on work release parole, clears a patch of snow-covered turf upon the orders of New England Patriots coaches and players so Patriots kicker John Smith can connect on a late 33-yard field goal and win a 3-0 contest. The following spring the NFL bans snow plows from clearing patches for field goals or any other plays. The John Deere plow hangs in the Hall at Patriot Place in Foxborough, Massachusetts.

I got a good laugh that the snowplow game was #27 on the list. Proof that Patriots have been cheating for decades!

bionic77

Is that you, senile Don Shula?!
Does it bother you that as long as you follow football casual sports fans and pretty much anyone outside the bubble in NE are going to question everything that happens to the Pats with a suspicion of cheating and cuntery?

Sometimes I get the feeling it is weighing on you.

bionic77

He sucked so bad the browns moved to Baltimore.

Nobody moves to Baltimore by choice.
Larry claims Murdermore is an amazing place to live in and yet when given the choice and opportunity he moved as far away as he could from there and still be in the continental United States...

eznark

Banned
The most disappointing part of Baltimore was tiny the main UA store is. It's your headquarter store Under Armor, impress me!

Seafood was fucking great everywhere I went.

Its the only place ive been were on multiple occassions id just see hair weaves and extentions in the gutter and streets. Good times.

so racist

oh weird, irg3 is hurt again

Tom Penny

The most disappointing part of Baltimore was tiny the main UA store is. It's your headquarter store Under Armor, impress me!

Seafood was fucking great everywhere I went.

so racist

oh weird, irg3 is hurt again
Taking the wrong streets near Camden Yards. No bueno.

eznark

Banned
Taking the wrong streets near Camden Yards. No bueno.

I told this story when I was there, but my co-worker went for a walk to visit some old church during lunch. Beautiful day, sun shining, go for a walk right? Apparently she went down the wrong block. Passed some corner kids and when she was half a block away they whistled loud, yelled "white girl coming!" and got return whistles.

I'm sure they were just fucking with her but the look on her face when she came back from lunch was the funniest shit I have ever seen at the office.

Godslay

Banned
Does it bother you that as long as you follow football casual sports fans and pretty much anyone outside the bubble in NE are going to question everything that happens to the Pats with a suspicion of cheating and cuntery?

It's a heavy weight to bear.

Imagine if you used Ashley Madison and now everything is coming to light.

That's the Pats in a nutshell.

Dragon

Banned

No, I get way more bothered when smart people are willfully ignorant about a subject in an attempt to be funny :).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I told this story when I was there, but my co-worker went for a walk to visit some old church during lunch. Beautiful day, sun shining, go for a walk right? Apparently she went down the wrong block. Passed some corner kids and when she was half a block away they whistled loud, yelled "white girl coming!" and got return whistles.

I'm sure they were just fucking with her but the look on her face when she came back from lunch was the funniest shit I have ever seen at the office.

That's disgusting.

What if she didn't self identify as white?

That's the most appropriate analogy I've heard yet

The point is to not mind.

bionic77

They are still fighting it which is going to be very amusing.

Maybe their stupidity can get some other GAFers to take up some equally dumb positions. It would certainly make for a great year for fans of teams that are about to suck ass.

Dragon

Banned
God, it's just so bad this year.

It's why I stopped buying EA sports games. It kills me not to play NHL every year, but even that series has been a disappointment on next gen :/.

Yep, if ESPN came out with a story that had Brady using Ashley Madison, then it turns out that he didn't, and ESPN never retracted the story. I feel like that's more accurate. (ESPN still hasn't retracted that dumb Mortensen story about 11 out of 12 balls were deflated, they weren't)

Sanjuro

Even the "decent" places around Camden has some over lap. There is a McDonalds a block or so down from the stadium and my hotel. I wanted to grab a breakfast sandwich there so I walked down.

In line, struck up a conversation with a Orioles fan. All of a sudden, this guy with a knife runs in and starts waving it around, then towards the counter, the whole time just speaking gibberish. Couldn't even understand what he wanted.

This goes on for a minute, everyone is acting like nothing is happening. Then a guy who works for the McDonalds jumps over the counter with a knife yelling the same gibberish back towards the guy. It becomes a war of who has the most dominant gibberish. The initial guy starts sounding sad, drops his knife, and walks out of the McDonalds calmly muttering to himself.

The guy I was talking to then gets his food and says, "Welcome to Baltimore!", and heads out. That pretty much gave me all I needed to know about the area. Historical downtown (or maybe proper) had some decent eats and pubs though.

Even the "decent" places around Camden has some over lap. There is a McDonalds a block or so down from the stadium and my hotel. I wanted to grab a breakfast sandwich there so I walked down.

In line, struck up a conversation with a Orioles fan. All of a sudden, this guy with a knife runs in and starts waving it around, then towards the counter, the whole time just speaking gibberish. Couldn't even understand what he wanted.

This goes on for a minute, everyone is acting like nothing is happening. Then a guy who works for the McDonalds jumps over the counter with a knife yelling the same gibberish back towards the guy. It becomes a war of who has the most dominant gibberish. The initial guy starts sounding sad, drops his knife, and walks out of the McDonalds calmly muttering to himself.

The guy I was talking to then gets his food and says, "Welcome to Baltimore!", and heads out. That pretty much gave me all I needed to know about the area. Historical downtown (or maybe proper) had some decent eats and pubs though.
How terrified were you

Respect

I've lived in metro New Orleans, York (Pa), Baltimore and Newport news (VA), Baltimore was by far my least favorite...the per capita assholes seems a lot higher there than the other places I've lived, the inner harbor is decent...apparently a lot better than it used to be according to the locals.

Sanjuro

Oh weird the guy from Boston is afraid of Baltimore. Can you believe they let races mingle there?!

Not afraid. That was my first time there and was probably 14 or so? I go every couple years or so to the ballpark for a couple games. It's like $50 for a quick flight out there and the hotels are cheap enough. I just don't think I would be out that way for anything else other than driving through.

eznark

Banned
Not afraid. That was my first time there and was probably 14 or so? I go every couple years or so to the ballpark for a couple games. It's like $50 for a quick flight out there and the hotels are cheap enough. I just don't think I would be out that way for anything else other than driving through.

For some reason an organization I belong to has like 4 events out there every year. They are based in DC and it's probably just cheaper to do it there, so I'm there once a year or so. Every time I am there the Orioles are either rained out or away. Annoying!

Tom Penny

Only place ive ever been that i'd be terrified to be alone at is Queensbrige projects.Shit was like the movies were you have bodegas that have one loaf of bread on the shelves and sell drugs.

bionic77

It's why I stopped buying EA sports games. It kills me not to play NHL every year, but even that series has been a disappointment on next gen :/.

Yep, if ESPN came out with a story that had Brady using Ashley Madison, then it turns out that he didn't, and ESPN never retracted the story. I feel like that's more accurate. (ESPN still hasn't retracted that dumb Mortensen story about 11 out of 12 balls were deflated, they weren't)
Keep acting like there is some way for the Pats and Brady to win this and convince us that they are not cheating cunts.

In the court of public opinion it is over. I don't know why Pats fans are fighting this so hard. It just invites ridicule.

But honestly it makes this place fun so keep at it!

Dragon

Banned
Oh weird the guy from Boston is afraid of Baltimore. Can you believe they let races mingle there?!

Pffh, when I was in middle school on the South Shore of Boston, they used to bus kids in from the inner city. So many parents hated it but none of the kids gave a shit. Really do hope Boston changes, love the city, despite its serious racial issues.

Keep acting like there is some way for the Pats and Brady to win this and convince us that they are not cheating cunts.

In the court of public opinion it is over. I don't know why Pats fans are fighting this so hard. It just invites ridicule.

But honestly it makes this place fun so keep at it!

It's mostly just me being stubborn, most of the other Pats fans just aren't going to talk about it in this thread. I don't care about public opinion really, I do care about the Pats this year. And Brady with a four game suspension makes me think the team won't even make the playoffs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
How was the second half last night? Fell asleep during HT and missed JFF.

JFF again looked a lot better than last year, he did well for the most part against the Bills pass rush. Basically he did well enough at the end where even people in here were bitching about our shit tier fourth string WRs not getting open when he'd scramble to keep the play alive.

Our 2nd string defense was a lot stronger than the Bills 2nd string offense, there were 3 or 4 series in a row where the Bills were just getting tackled for a loss or sacked until our Grocery Baggers came in at the end and EJ Manuel was able to lead the comeback.

Xavier Cooper looked pretty good in the second half with 2 sacks.

Shane Wynn had a phenomenal punt return that was brought back due to hands in the face.

Vince Mayle is hot garbage.

Armonty Bryant for a few series looked unblockable as well. Looks like he's come back strong from his injury last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom