• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay 3 moles removed, mostly talked about jiu jitsu. Hard to get turned on by a chick with a razor to your back.

Yeah taco bell is its own craving, not when I want tacos you jerks.

There's an awesome breakfast taco place right near where she lives so I've already sampled the good stuff.

I just envy everyone in Houston for access to kolaches. I miss kolaches so bad.

jmdajr

taco_bell_-_Google_Maps_-_2015-08-21_12.10.49_zpsveux97iy.png

I've been less of a hater lately. It's actually a decent fast food option. Not that many calories for two crunchy tacos.

When did they start charging upscale fast food prices, though? We hadn't eaten at Taco Bell in forever. We went a few weeks ago and this broad was like 18 dollars.

EIGHTEEN DOLLARS?!

What am I, the fucking Duke of Earl here or something? I just wanted a god damn crunchwrap.

I was originally from North Houston (Spring/Woodlands area) and how much of a mess that area is now is depressing. It's just ugly and overcrowded. And I live in Atlanta ffs.

Now it seems that RG3 could learn a lesson or two in leadership and media communicaton from ... gasp ... Johnny Football.

When you look at the numbers Griffins put up this preseason compared to Johnny Manziel its pretty clear that you've got one Heisman and one Heisboy. Manziel has almost led his team to two consecutive wins and looked like a real fun-lovin scalawag out there, while meanwhile Griffins barely eeked out a couple victories despite beginning his very own media embargo against the press just because we were kind enough to give his message of confidence a national platform last week

That'll teach us to ever let you allow us to interview you again.

When you look at Manziel's stats you see the mark of a professional- a guy who is starting to Get It off the field, where the only sacks he's intentionally taking are the bags of marijuana hes been walking out to the trash. And you cant help but notice that one guy cleaned up his act and got rid of the "money" dance while I guess the other isn't even ready to admit that he has a problem to begin with. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, Queen ACLeopatra.

Too bad there's no rehab facility for being bad at talking to the press because you need a 12-step program, Rob. But knowing you, you'd only make it to step three and then you wouldn't complete it. Id almost rather have my QB snorting a bump off his centers butt every play then one who only thumbs their nose when a reporter politely asks him to say something stupid.

Here's a fact- you cant be addicted to winning unless your an addict, so I'm ok with a little harmless young fun like Johnny had. Meanwhile the only substance Griffin seems to crave is anesthesia. I'm not a very healthy man, medically speaking but god dang.

Line_HTX

59, 45, and 10 always has the worst traffic, especially 59.

Drivers here suck. Always getting into accidents and causing vehicle fires. They need their licenses revoked.

Spinluck

Okay 3 moles removed, mostly talked about jiu jitsu. Hard to get turned on by a chick with a razor to your back.

Yeah taco bell is its own craving, not when I want tacos you jerks.

There's an awesome breakfast taco place right near where she lives so I've already sampled the good stuff.

I had drills in my mouth. Didn't stop me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's scary walking around some of those parts at night.

Unless you're going to sporting events or inside Downtown.

You'll love exploring the area here. :p

Yeah inside the loop is the only place in the city that makes sense to me for where the bad and good areas are. Most everything on the west side of 45 and 288 is hipster country.

I was originally from North Houston (Spring/Woodlands area) and how much of a mess that area is now is depressing. It's just ugly and overcrowded. And I live in Atlanta ffs.

Spring supposedly used to be nicer than the ghetto that it looks like nowadays. It's just one big rundown strip mall it seems. The Woodlands is still super nice but I'm not a huge fan of it.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
You need to leave

I love you too buddy.

It's mostly just me being stubborn, most of the other Pats fans just aren't going to talk about it in this thread. I don't care about public opinion really, I do care about the Pats this year. And Brady with a four game suspension makes me think the team won't even make the playoffs.

Considering the cake walk that is the AFC East schedule this year; the Patriots not making the playoffs will be more tied to their CBs getting lit up then anything Brady has going on. AFC South (3 easy wins) + NFC East (2 easy wins) off the get go. Add in two wins against the Bills and Jets, and you're looking at 9 wins by being a mediocre team.

Yeah inside the loop is the only place in the city that makes sense to me for where the bad and good areas are. Most everything on the west side of 45 and 288 is hipster country.

Spring supposedly used to be nicer than the ghetto that it looks like nowadays. It's just one big rundown strip mall it seems. The Woodlands is still super nice but I'm not a huge fan of it.

It was quaint. Almost everything off of Rayford/Sawdust now wasn't there when I was growing up.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

Drivers here suck. Always getting into accidents and causing vehicle fires. They need their licenses revoked.

dude. 290 610 say whats up.

I10 was great when they finished the expansion, but we've been growing so much I don't know if its as good as it was anymore.

As bad as our traffic is, Austin is so much worse.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Welp, went to the store and came back with some wine and not your father's root beer. I'm an alcoholic now.

You're a hipster now.

When did they start charging upscale fast food prices, though? We hadn't eaten at Taco Bell in forever. We went a few weeks ago and this broad was like 18 dollars.

EIGHTEEN DOLLARS?!

What am I, the fucking Duke of Earl here or something? I just wanted a god damn crunchwrap.

gol15.jpg

Can I hold 18 dollars?

Line_HTX

That one con used to be way up at the Woodlands Marriot, making it very inconvenient to drive one hour there. Thankfully they grew to the point of moving to the GRB. At least Downtown looks better than years past. That Beer Festival they had this past June was the shit~

You're a hipster now.

gol15.jpg

Can I hold 18 dollars?

lmao Josh Freeman get your fat ass out of here.

I10 was great when they finished the expansion, but we've been growing so much I don't know if its as good as it was anymore.

Yeah, but once you get to the one street that's worth going to in Austin, you don't have to go anywhere else. Also, why don't y'all just toll road? That shit was like the autobahn when I lived in Houston. Did they change it?

jmdajr

I missed a vehicle fire the other day by mere minutes. The car was just stalled.
Then I looked at the news and it was BOOM...in the HOV lane of all places.

It is what it is but I would never go back to where I grew up. There is NOTHING there. I'll gladly take this traffic.

edit: Don't worry Houston growth is gonna stop. Oil is tanking HARD.

edit edit: For my Htown peeps. Some thought this shit was racist..but fuck it, it was funny to me.

I upgraded from Cholo Gangland to place where all Houses look the same.

houston-judgmental-map-full_zpsgh1plrdh.jpg

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
lmao Josh Freeman get your fat ass out of here.

Yeah, but once you get to the one street that's worth going to in Austin, you don't have to go anywhere else. Also, why don't y'all just toll road? That shit was like the autobahn when I lived in Houston. Did they change it?
Beltway 8 is great, except for rush hour. But that's really much of the city's freeways except for 610 by the galleria. Most other freeways are running at posted speeds outside of rush hour.

I missed a vehicle fire the other day by mere minutes. The car was just stalled.

Then I looked at the news and it was BOOM. In the HOV lane of all places.

It is what it is but I would never go back to where I grew up. There is NOTHING there. I'll gladly take this traffic.

edit: Don't worry Houston growth is gonna stop. Oil is tanking HARD.
You must be on 290? My friend got caught in that.

There's more to Houston than oil. Yes there's a lot of oil and gas here, but that's not all we have.

Godslay

Banned
Godslay, the Seahawks broke you. And I can't even tell whether they did more damage this year or last.

The Seahawks are a legitimate franchise who beat the Broncos fairly in a world class ass whooping. It was one of the better defenses of all time, defeating the best offense of all time. Our defense was injured dogshit (good enough to defeat a choking Brady), and Russ took us to the cleaners.

The Seattle team of last year was a busted unit, not even in the same realm as that of the prior year. It's no surprise that the Pats fluked themselves to a win (in a game they shouldn't have been in, in the first place) against an injured less talented team.

Now I know that you and yours consider this to be hyperbole. That's fine. Most would regard this as an accurate account of what went down.

If that makes me broken then so be it. I just feel like the next generation of Pats fans deserve a clean slate with no ties to any of the terrible crimes the Pats have committed. You obviously can't whitewash history, but at least give the new generation a chance to rebuild their franchise's ailing, tainted reputation.

They deserve a second chance just like Mike Vick, it's only fair.

Just imagine how different he would be if the Broncos had destroyed the Seahawks and Brady had thrown a pick at the goal line at the end of SB 49...

Win, lose, or draw, the Pats will always be ignoble opponents.

As for winning or losing to everyone else? As long as they are gracious to me, then the favor will be returned.

Only thing to redeem the Pats in my mind is to admit their sins, ask for repentance, and prove to the world that they can fly straight.

Line_HTX

Good point there.

Former Houston Gaf. But I'd drink beers with any of you asshole lickers on one of my yearly return visits.

Full disclosure: I'd drink beer with almost anyone.

:Wnk

Bring Black Label and Vanilla Coke Zero. XD

Milchjon

If that makes me broken then so be it.

What I mean is I liked to interact with you, and nowadays I don't.

There are tons of other Pats haters that aren't as hard to read, so it's not that.

And I don't think you liked them 2 years ago, so it's not like that changed.

So yeah, something changed.

I miss you!

RBH

Mercedes-Benz will acquire naming rights to the new Atlanta Falcons stadium, according to sources familiar with the negotiations, Atlanta Business Chronicle sister publication SportsBusiness Journal reported Friday.

The German automaker is expected to sign the contract Aug. 21 and the Falcons will officially announce the agreement Aug. 24, sources said. Falcons officials did not respond to an e-mail requesting confirmation and the deal’s terms. Premier Partnerships brokered the agreement for the team and has been pursuing a 30-year deal averaging in the high teens annually.
Premier Partnerships also did not respond to a request for comment.

The $1.5 billion stadium, designed by HOK, opens in 2017. It will also serve as the home of Atlanta United FC, a new MLS club owned by Falcons Owner Arthur Blank. The 2020 men’s Final Four is to be played in the new stadium, and the city is competing for future Super Bowls and College Football Playoffs.

Mercedes-Benz moved its U.S. headquarters to Atlanta earlier this year and is building a new facility to open by ‘17.

This marks Mercedes’ second NFL stadium – and second in the NFC South – for which it holds naming rights. The New Orleans Saints in 2011 announced a 10-year deal to put Mercedes’ name on the Superdome. That means the old archrivals could play in stadiums with the same name.

In China, the company has held naming rights for Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai since ‘09, one year before the building opened.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...s-benz-acquires-naming-rights-to-falcons.html

jakncoke

Banned
Peyton Manning once went 14-18 95 yards 1 int in a 30-7 loss to the Bills , Curtis Painter was 4-17 39 yards 1 int in that game

Fitzmagic was 16-25 155 yards 3 tds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom