• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, I think dirty hits are wrong, and I don't think that is all that controversial. Just like I think the Carson Palmer hit was dirty before it was illegal. Just cause something is not an illegal play doesn't absolve it from being dirty. That's Patriot level philosophy.

I would agree dirty hits are not good. Nobody likes them.

In this case I would disagree that it was one.

If you don't agree that's fine because it's open to interpretation. I have no skin in the game for the Eagles or the Ravens. Just calling it like I saw it in the context of the rules of the game and Suggs right to make a play on the QB as a runner. I'm sure if it was RG3 no tears would be shed.

Pepiope

I would agree dirty hits are not good. Nobody likes them.

In this case I would disagree that it was one.

If you don't agree that's fine because it's open to interpretation. I have no skin in the game for the Eagles or the Ravens. Just calling it like I saw it in the context of the rules of the game and Suggs right to make a play on the QB as a runner. I'm sure if it was RG3 no tears would be shed.
He just happened to go for the knee knowing about Sam's injury history as soon as he got the chance to do it.
#Coincidence

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL · 6m6 minutes ago
Brian Hoyer: 'It’s everything I thought it would be when I decided to sign here. It’s been everything that I could of hoped for.'

michael-scott-no.gif

Godslay

Banned
He just happened to go for the knee knowing about Sam's injury history as soon as he got the chance to do it.
#Coincidence

You run the read option, you expose your QB.

We were doing it before Chip was a twinkle in your eye with Tebow in Denver. You know how he ended up after the Pats playoff game? With broken ribs and and fluid in his lungs. Why? Because you let go of all your protections in a read option. Defenders can knock your dick in the dirt and there's nothing you can do about it.

Chip is stupid for even attempting that with Bradford in the first place, he belongs in the pocket. As far as being dirty, I disagree.

You should blame your coach more than anyone else.

I know it was 2s and 3s, but Savage actually looked the most interesting out of the bunch.

Pepiope

You run the read option, you expose your QB.

We were doing it before Chip was a twinkle in your eye with Tebow in Denver. You know how he ended up after the Pats playoff game? With broken ribs and and fluid in his lungs. Why? Because you let go of all your protections in a read option. Defenders can knock your dick in the dirt and there's nothing you can do about it.

Chip is stupid for even attempting that with Bradford in the first place, he belongs in the pocket. As far as being dirty, I disagree.

You should blame your coach more than anyone else.
You can hit him, sure. But don't act like he didn't specifically aim for the knee. That's what makes it dirty. It's pre-season and you're trying to injure a guy. You never aim there.

Godslay

Banned
You can hit him, sure. But don't act like he didn't specifically aim for the knee. That's what makes it dirty. It's pre-season and you're trying to injure a guy. You never aim there.

Leg tackles happen all game long. He's a runner in that play. Don't want a guy to go for the legs on a wrap up tackle? Don't dial up that play with an immobile QB with bad knees.

Suggs could have aimed anywhere he wanted to. Barring a head shot.

MechDX

jakncoke

Banned
pussy eagle cant even take a punch cant believe defended a scummy raven

edit: man bradford season nearly was done eh

josh freeman is 6/21 so far this preseason

squicken

Reading the thread, it was odd to see some of you defending this hit. Read option or not, he's clearly trying to take out Bradford.

JABEE

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are susceptible to hits like that when they hand-off out of the shotgun.

Stupid coaches leaving their QBs susceptible to hits.

That's not the way to success in the NFL.

squicken

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are susceptible to hits like that when they hand-off out of the shotgun.

Stupid coaches leaving their QBs susceptible to hits.

That's not the way to success in the NFL.

Exactly. Bradford never pretends to be a runner. The only argument is that Suggs got to the mesh point so early he couldn't tell there was a handoff, which is silly. I'd suspend him, regardless of who the QB was. There's just no way to defend his intent.

Slo

Way late. It's not even about exposing your QB.

Suggs attempted to injure him.

It's football though, I guess.

Dear dumbshit football coaches,

If you don't want to get your QB hurt, don't use him as bait on spread-option style fakes.

Hugs and Kisses,

The NFL.

squicken

Watched Texans-Broncos off the DVR. QB situation for the Texans is bad. I think BoB can generate offense against the crap teams with bad defenses, but they will do nothing versus the good teams. Still can go 9-7 b/c of that easy schedule, but they are harmless until they get a real QB

As pointed out by everyone last night, it really is like Denver is running two offenses. One is the same old Peyton offense, then it's Kubiak's offense once Brock comes in. Weird. I think Peyton would be wise to adapt his game. I don't think he can beat good teams trying to throw 40 times a game anymore

e: And the Eagles RB situation is really good. Barner makes the team, I'm sure. All the talk about the QBs kind of obscures how heavy the will be as far as run pass ratio

SummitAve

Banned
We aren't talking about legality, we're talking about an intentional dirty hit in a pre-season game.

He hit him in the thighs, exactly where players are supposed to iniatiate tackles. Bradford's job is to hold onto the ball for as long as possible so he's going to get hit in that situation.

Pepiope

You think he should take a season long suspension for a hit that shouldn't have even drawn a penalty flag?
Obviously detecting a bit of sarcasm isn't your strong suit. He isn't going to draw a season long suspension, but a fine or some type of punishment I'm sure will come.

He hit a stationary QB on his lower body. That is the Brady rule. He will get some type of punishment because it's obviously that the hit was intentional. It's pointless to have a discussion if you can't agree on that premise. It most certainly should have drawn a flag, and it did, immediately.

squicken

That wasn't even the worst hit on Bradford.

The other hit is a hit Bradford just has to deal with when you play QB in the NFL. The problem with the Suggs hit is he went low. In every instance of a read option QB getting blasted like that, it's always been high

The game in which Bradford got hurt against CAR, there was a play where Robert Quinn nearly took the handoff and leveled Newton, who had just handed off. It lead to a brawl b/c the Panthers thought it was dirty. The difference between the two plays was that Quinn was much closer to Newton when he handed off, and hit him in the chest

You can't separate the hit and Bradford's injury history b/c those injuries were on Suggs mind, give his postgame comments. It's also not a good idea to ever give Suggs the benefit of the doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom