• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmag

Obviously detecting a bit of sarcasm isn't your strong suit. He isn't going to draw a season long suspension, but a fine or some type of punishment I'm sure will come.

He hit a stationary QB on his lower body. That is the Brady rule. He will get some type of punishment because it's obviously that the hit was intentional. It's pointless to have a discussion if you can't agree on that premise. It most certainly should have drawn a flag, and it did, immediately.

You're going to have long season if you can't wrap your head around the read option given the team you support.

If the Eagles have a problem with it, might be time to pack the read option away.

Good morning lads.

BRueKXd.gif

kmag

The other hit is a hit Bradford just has to deal with when you play QB in the NFL. The problem with the Suggs hit is he went low. In every instance of a read option QB getting blasted like that, it's always been high

The game in which Bradford got hurt against CAR, there was a play where Robert Quinn nearly took the handoff and leveled Newton, who had just handed off. It lead to a brawl b/c the Panthers thought it was dirty. The difference between the two plays was that Quinn was much closer to Newton when he handed off, and hit him in the chest

You can't separate the hit and Bradford's injury history b/c those injuries were on Suggs mind, give his postgame comments. It's also not a good idea to ever give Suggs the benefit of the doubt

Unfortunately players going low is the logical thing given how any hit high is fine these days. You make it riskier to go high, tacklers are going to go low.

Godslay

Banned
Crazy how people can look at that play and not see that it was intentional.

There was a play in last nights Den vs Hou game where a Houston DB went straight at Demaryius Thomas' knees. Who also has had an ACL injury.

Why wasn't holy hell raised about that?

Simply because it's a legal tackle, the intention was to tackle at the waist (as it is with most tackles), and that's it.

You guys are blowing it out of proportion simply because you are paranoid of Bradford blowing out another knee, and Sugg being a thug in the past.

Nobody has to pull up short on a tackle on the QB on a read option play. Which your team runs all the time mind you. If you are telling me you haven't seen that play time and time again then you either don't watch your team or are being intentionally dense. Go and look at Foles running identical plays last year, and Tebow and Sanchez running it too.

Is this a dirty hit?
usa-today-8360861.0.jpg

Or this?
WECUoTi.png

Looks oddly like this
CNEItxXWwAAh2wp.jpg

The other hit is a hit Bradford just has to deal with when you play QB in the NFL. The problem with the Suggs hit is he went low. In every instance of a read option QB getting blasted like that, it's always been high

The game in which Bradford got hurt against CAR, there was a play where Robert Quinn nearly took the handoff and leveled Newton, who had just handed off. It lead to a brawl b/c the Panthers thought it was dirty. The difference between the two plays was that Quinn was much closer to Newton when he handed off, and hit him in the chest

You can't separate the hit and Bradford's injury history b/c those injuries were on Suggs mind, give his postgame comments. It's also not a good idea to ever give Suggs the benefit of the doubt

I'm not defending Suggs, just saying that the second hit Bradford took really shook him up. I thought he might have gotten concussed for a second.

theres a vine of it here

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You absolute must separate a player's injury history. Do we start to fine players for hitting glass kiddies hard? Bradford has been injured a bunch. Nobody is ignorant of that fact. But what does that have to do with anything here? If his safety is of the utmost importance to the league, to the Eagles and to the fans, then all of the above should be calling for him to be forced out of the league. He got fucking tackled. It's football. It's going to happen.

MechDX

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 · 10h10 hours ago  Dallas, TX
#Texans CB Charles James spoke to Peyton Manning pregame:"Hey man you're a hell of a player,Hall of Famer, &I just want to shake your(more)

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 · 10h10 hours ago  Dallas, TX
More #Texans CB Charles James spoke 2Peyton Manning pregame: "..hand b/c I never got that introduction when I was a rookie b/c I was scared"

Mark Berman Dallas, TX
#Texans CB Charles James says Peyton Manning thanked him for his compliments:"He don't really know me from a can of paint.So it's all good"

I wonder if Peyton appreciates his sock game? Ever since his freak out about being cut during Hard Knocks last week I love this guy.

squicken

http://t.co/qCpZqJEXON

Greg Cosell All-22 of a few plays from the Eagles game. Highlight is at 3:50 where Peters creates a huge lane for Mathews on the TD run

e:

You absolute must separate a player's injury history. Do we start to fine players for hitting glass kiddies hard? Bradford has been injured a bunch. Nobody is ignorant of that fact. But what does that have to do with anything here? If his safety is of the utmost importance to the league, to the Eagles and to the fans, then all of the above should be calling for him to be forced out of the league. He got fucking tackled. It's football. It's going to happen.

It matters b/c it mattered to Suggs. He mentioned the injuries specifically in his post-game comments. And all of this stuff about it being football and read option this and that. Someone show me a QB getting hit low right after a handoff and we will all drop it

gutshot

There was a play in last nights Den vs Hou game where a Houston DB went straight at Demaryius Thomas' knees. Who also has had an ACL injury.

Why wasn't holy hell raised about that?

Simply because it's a legal tackle, the intention was to tackle at the waist (as it is with most tackles), and that's it.

You guys are blowing it out of proportion simply because you are paranoid of Bradford blowing out another knee, and Sugg being a thug in the past.

Nobody has to pull up short on a tackle on the QB on a read option play. Which your team runs all the time mind you. If you are telling me you haven't seen that play time and time again then you either don't watch your team or are being intentionally dense. Go and look at Foles running identical plays last year, and Tebow and Sanchez running it too.

Is this a dirty hit?
usa-today-8360861.0.jpg

Or this?
WECUoTi.png

Looks oddly like this
CNEItxXWwAAh2wp.jpg

There is a clear difference between those first two photos and the last one. In the first two, the tackled player has the ball. Bradford had handed the ball off before Suggs went low on him. Now yes, the rules technically state on a read-option play the QB is considered a runner. But this still doesn't give a defender carte blanche to dive at a defenseless player's knees. Suggs' comment makes it clear to me that he was intentionally headhunting and trying to use the rule as an excuse for why it is legal. He was going to dive at Bradford's knees the first chance he got and it's no shock to me he got flagged for it and will probably face a fine, as well.

Pepiope

There is a clear difference between those first two photos and the last one. In the first two, the tackled player has the ball. Bradford had handed the ball off before Suggs went low on him. Now yes, the rules technically state on a read-option play the QB is considered a runner. But this still doesn't give a defender carte blanche to dive at a defenseless player's knees. Suggs' comment makes it clear to me that he was intentionally headhunting and trying to use the rule as an excuse for why it is legal. He was going to dive at Bradford's knees the first chance he got and it's no shock to me he got flagged for it and will probably face a fine, as well.
To top it off, regardless of how people try to frame the Suggs hit, it came late. He went after Bradford the first chance he got, and it just happened to be at his knee?

I get wanting to take out the star QB, but it's the damn pre-season.

Godslay

Banned

If you state he's a runner on the read option, he's no longer a defenseless player. He becomes eligible to take hits just like any other ball carrier.

Can't have it both ways.

It's a split second decision on who keeps the ball, that's why it's called an option. Bradford makes his read (correctly) and takes the option of letting the RB take it. Given that Suggs is shielded from the ball, he has to also make a read who is in possession of the ball. He takes the QB, which is a perfectly valid option, and makes a tackle on who he thinks has the ball.

The possession of the ball isn't of importance in tackling in the read option. At that point they are both considered runners and either one of them can be tackled. That's the rule. Bradford was not out of the play either, so he's fair game.

To top it off, regardless of how people try to frame the Suggs hit, it came late. He went after Bradford the first chance he got, and it just happened to be at his knee?

I get wanting to take out the star QB, but it's the damn pre-season.

It wasn't late, rewatch the gif.

Kas isn't this delusional.

TCRS

Banned
being european it's very difficult for me to watch football because of the silly times. but I very much enjoyed the last couple of games and the superbowl in February which was shown on TV here in Germany.

I missed the patriots game but I'm going to watch the packers one. just need to find a suitable... source.

t_2052_0.jpg

Choose your side, NFL-GAF!

Are we talking just regular coffee? I think it depends on the specific store, can't make a general statement. I'd say the bottom for Dunkin's is much lower and the ceiling for Starbucks much higher. On average, they are probably about the same.

I'd pick Starbucks every time just because free wi-fi and bathrooms.

a man can dream

I played the CoD beta and it offends me how much aim assist is in the game

It's an absolute disgrace. Just to think that a Socom installment had more people online than all Xbox games at one point in history. And now we don't even have a proper tactical 3rd person shooter anymore for the PS. Like at all.

Godslay

Banned
https://vine.co/v/eDx6PWuaPtt

You and I had this same disagreement on Joe Mays' hit on Schaub. Suggs takes two steps after the handoff and aims for his knees. Mays took two steps after Schaub threw the ball and aimed at Schaub's head

Mays got suspended

The Mays play is really nothing like this, iirc Schaub was in the pocket and not an eligible runner on a read option play.

This is the key point, Suggs is shielded from the ball and has to make a decision, from this frame to the actual tackle it's less than a second:

GUmI3ls.png

The play exactly 1 second later.

rpGkZEU.png

Bradford was not out of the play in the first frame, when Suggs is still shielded from the ball, and that's where he begins his motion to tackle. As you can see 1 second later the play is long gone and Suggs made the wrong decision.

RBH

Are we talking just regular coffee? I think it depends on the specific store, can't make a general statement. I'd say the bottom for Dunkin's is much lower and the ceiling for Starbucks much higher. On average, they are probably about the same.

I'd pick Starbucks every time just because free wi-fi and bathrooms.

Yeah, just comparing regular coffee between the two since Starbucks has a lot more "specialty" drinks.

I'm much more of a Dunkin guy when it comes to a regular cup of coffee. But the Caffe Mocha at Starbucks is pretty decent.

Dunkin as my regular go-to, Starbucks as more of an occasional "treat."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom