• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Nick Wright right now telling it like it is. "The reason you didn't see a single deep throw by mallet in preseason is because Hoyer was and is the starter from the start.

I agree 100%.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
But I am the troll for showing a lack of confidence in Mallett, right Mech?

trolling and being right aren't mutually exclusive.

I wanted Mallet not because he's going to be super awesome. But because we know what Hoyer can do, we don't know what Mallet can do. He's had two starts, one of which was with a torn peck.

Dragon

Banned
But I am the troll for showing a lack of confidence in Mallett, right Mech?

image_400x400.jpg

Stephen A makes me facepalm 2 minutes into First Take by saying Jordy's injury on a scale of 1-10 is a 9. It's Green Bay their receivers haven't been a star since Sterling Sharpe.

eznark

Banned
its ok ez. Rodgers will somehow figure out how to target black receivers.

Worst kept secret in football is that Randall Cobb is actually the whitest receiver in the league. Davante Adams is also pretty damn white.

Our "blackest" receiver (on the Urkel - FMT scale) is White.

Stephen A makes me facepalm 2 minutes into First Take by saying Jordy's injury on a scale of 1-10 is a 9. It's Green Bay their receivers haven't been a star since Sterling Sharpe.
Jordy is an insane talent, if you think his production is all Rodgers then you are flat out wrong. The Packers will still have a great offense but they will feel this loss.

eznark

Banned
Jordy is an insane talent, if you think his production is all Rodgers then you are flat out wrong. The Packers will still have a great offense but they will feel this loss.

I remember when Greg Jennings was an insane talent. It's not about the guy being talented, it's about him playing a supremely replaceable (and QB dependent) position. Unfortunately the Packers have the worst QB in history and Flynn aint walking through that door.

I ran through the depth chart yesterday and he was about 15th on the list of Packers I'd least like to see out for the year. It sucks, but it's nowhere near as catastrophic as say, the Nick Collins injury.

It's not 9 worthy. I'd say a 4 maybe a 3.
Fair enough. I'd say it's a 6 or 7.

I remember when Greg Jennings was an insane talent.

I ran through the depth chart yesterday and he was about 15th on the list of Packers I'd least like to see out for the year. It sucks, but it's nowhere near as catastrophic as say, the Nick Collins injury.
We'll see. I know your feelings on the WR position but I think it's hard not to feel a dropoff from Jordy Nelson, one of the best WRs in the league, to Jeff Janis. Do you have faith in anyone other than Cobb and Adams?

The Packers let go of Jennings on their own terms. I don't think this situation is comparable.

eznark

Banned
We'll see. I know your feelings on the WR position but I think it's hard not to feel a dropoff from Jordy Nelson, one of the best WRs in the league, to Jeff Janis. Do you have faith in anyone other than Cobb and Adams?

The Packers let go of Jennings on their own terms. I don't think this situation is comparable.

Why? You think there will be some psychological trauma or something? The Packers were going to have to cut a talented wide out in White or Janis. Now they don't. Will there be a drop off? Of course. But the reality is it means 30 more balls for Cobb, 20 for Adams and Rogers needing to as well as he has shown in the past. This was going to be a huge year for him anyway, now it got bigger.

I'm not even slightly concerned about the wide out position. What I am concerned about is that RR will trip on his dick and we'll be forced to watch God's Gift drag his idiot knuckles all over the field and drool on the football.

The Packers will score 2 fewer points a game but they are about 5 points better than every team in football and 15 points better than any team in the NFCN.

(My real concern is that the additional touches will result in injury to Cobb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom