• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
To my eyes Tolzien looks so much like Rodgers when he's playing that it's creepy. It's like he literally just copies every single motion that he does.

He's obviously not as good but he's impressive for a backup nonetheless.

Edit: not too worried about Nelson. If it was one of our few ILBs I'd be hyperventilating

cdyhybrid

Have you been watching the games? Who needs Flynn when you have Touchdown Tolzien?

Packers injury flowchart:

CNLisfXWwAA4YfS.png:large

Another one of FMT's lost heroes. Poor guy. He'll have to watch Tolzien and BJ Daniels face off the playoffs.

Are people honestly counting out the Packers because of the Nelson injury?

Seriously?

No.

eznark

Banned
To my eyes Tolzien looks so much like Rodgers when he's playing that it's creepy. It's like he literally just copies every single motion that he does.

He's obviously not as good but he's impressive for a backup nonetheless.

Edit: not too worried about Nelson. If it was one of our few ILBs I'd be hyperventilating

Any linemen, any secondary starter, Fraudgers, Daniels, Lacy, Cobb, Claymaker, Barrington. All would have made me significantly more worried.

Why? You think there will be some psychological trauma or something? The Packers were going to have to cut a talented wide out in White or Janis. Now they don't. Will there be a drop off? Of course. But the reality is it means 30 more balls for Cobb, 20 for Adams and Rogers needing to as well as he has shown in the past. This was going to be a huge year for him anyway, now it got bigger.

I'm not even slightly concerned about the wide out position. What I am concerned about is that RR will trip on his dick and we'll be forced to watch God's Gift drag his idiot knuckles all over the field and drool on the football.

The Packers will score 2 fewer points a game but they are about 5 points better than every team in football and 15 points better than any team in the NFCN.

(My real concern is that the additional touches will result in injury to Cobb)
Packers let Jennings walk because they had a clear plan in place to replace him. When your #1 WR goes down unexpectedly in the preseason you obviously don't have as much time to prepare. Stop playing dumb.

As for the rest you're probably right but I'm not sure it will be quite that simple. Nelson was a true #1 WR, a terror that the defense always had to pay a ton of attention to. Now you can shift that focus to Cobb and force Adams or Janis to beat you. Of course they will still get plenty of production there but I doubt it will be as easy.

Packers might still be the best offense in the league but I already think Jordy is underappreciated so I guess it just bothers me a little to see you brushing this off like it's nothing. Give the man some credit!

eznark

Banned
Packers let Jennings walk because they had a clear plan in place to replace him. When your #1 WR goes down unexpectedly in the preseason you obviously don't have as much time to prepare. Stop playing dumb.

As for the rest you're probably right but I'm not sure it will be quite that simple. Nelson was a true #1 WR, a terror that the defense always had to pay a ton of attention to. Now you can shift that focus to Cobb and force Adams or Janis to beat you. Of course they will still get plenty of production there but I doubt it will be as easy.

Packers might still be the best offense in the league but I already think Jordy is underappreciated so I guess it just bothers me a little to see you brushing this off like it's nothing. Give the man some credit!

2 points a game is a big deal to most teams. He's a wide out on a team with the best passer in the history of the game. It's just not a big deal in real terms.

bionic77

Are people honestly counting out the Packers because of the Nelson injury?

Seriously?
It will hurt but obviously they can overcome a wide receiver.

If this happened in week 17 I would say they are probably fucked but this gives AFraud and the rest of the Packers a whole season to practice and work around it.

But yeah it is pretty retarded to say they are done. No one should be surprised if some no name scrub becomes an All Pro at the end of the season and Jordy is forever forgotten.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
As long as Dujuan "Stone Hands" Harris isn't the one picking up the slack we'll be fine.

Holy shit did he have some damning drops yesterday.

bionic77

As long as Dujuan "Stone Hands" Harris isn't the one picking up the slack we'll be fine.

Holy shit did he have some damning drops yesterday.
What difference does it make?

Football is pretty much Rodgers hobby now. His main focus is STDs and Hollywood.

bionic77

I'd be a little more concerned for the Packers if they haven't proven to be a wide receiver factory the past 20 some odd years.
It is still possible that the guys they have behind Nelson are all pieces or garbage and this will seriously hurt their offense once defenses key on that fact.

But anything is possible.

I would bet on the team being able to replace 80% of Nelson's output collectively and with the guy who replaces him. And like I said it should not surprise anyone if the bum behind Nelson becomes a star. This happens about 500 times a year in the NFL.

eznark

Banned
It is still possible that the guys they have behind Nelson are all pieces or garbage and this will seriously hurt their offense once defenses key on that fact.

But anything is possible.

I would bet on the team being able to replace 80% of Nelson's output collectively and with the guy who replaces him. And like I said it should not surprise anyone if the bum behind Nelson becomes a star. This happens about 500 times a year in the NFL.

Davante Adams will become a household name. Richard Rogers will go to the Pro Bowl, Ty Montgomery/Myles White/Jeff Janis will be the new Davante Adams.

All will be fine.

No one who watches football. So just MrBob and Stephen A

I'm certainly not. The packers are stupidly deep at WR. It sucks but it's not going to make life that much easier for the rest of the north.

With that said, I have been trolling the shit out of my Packer fan friends. You are guaranteed to get a paragraph length response by texting one line, "lol ur seasons over".

No one who watches football. So just MrBob and Stephen A

The funny thing about it was Skip was just as shocked as I was considering he's a huge Rodger's fanboy. Seriously though Stephen was a much better person back when he was on the NBA crew and had his own show. Basically his first ESPN stint.

eznark

Banned
I'm certainly not. The packers are stupidly deep at WR. It sucks but it's not going to make life that much easier for the rest of the north.

With that said, I have been trolling the shit out of my Packer fan friends. You are guaranteed to get a paragraph length response by texting one line, "lol ur seasons over".

My conversation with Bob yesterday:

Gollum: lol this is the Bears year!
eznark: $100 the Packers win the division
Gollum: no i'm not betting
eznark: pussy

Not hard to call out a coward.

Davante Adams will become a household name. Richard Rogers will go to the Pro Bowl, Ty Montgomery/Myles White/Jeff Janis will be the new Davante Adams.

All will be fine.

The only reason Richard Rogers will go to the Pro Bowl is because every mouth breathing hick with an Internet connection living up north is bandwagoning the shit out of the Packers and their 10 High School football championships.

Me too! That really says it all about NE's WR situation.

Glad your eye is okay for now!

I'm sure Moss can still run a 4.5 forty and jump over Brent Grimes.

bionic77

All will be fine.
Thats certainly possible.

What I think will happen is that the Packers will replace Nelson but the season will go down in flames anyways once Rodgers starts lobbying ownership to make Munn the head coach and GM.

rando14

Still fully expect the Packers to skullfuck us in Week 2.

Are the Packers playing the niners this year, they're our only hope!!

bionic77

Still fully expect the Packers to skullfuck us in Week 2.

Are the Packers playing the niners this year, they're our only hope!!
Pretty sure you have to be able to make the playoffs in order to knock another team out.

But maybe someone more experienced with the rules of football can correct me if I am wrong.

By the way the correct answer if you are a Packers hater is that your only hope is Munn and home field advantage. The two things that even Rodgers cannot overcome.

dionysus

Yaldog
If you trust the wisdom of crowds, in this case the aggregate wisdom of the leagues front offices, you can find out how relatively replaceable a player is by looking at salaries by position.

By this metric losing a QB is the worst, followed by losing a pass rusher like a DE.

Wide receiver value clusters around a lot of other positions like linebacker and CB. RBs are the most easily replaceable.

So losing Nelson is like losing your best linebacker or best CB, lots of teams go through it.

Bowser

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 8m8 minutes ago
FYI: my podcast returns on October 1st. New name, new sponsors.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 7m7 minutes ago
PS: @thecousinsal has to do the first 3 weeks of "Guess the Lines" without me... Maybe just Sal guessing with Sal's imitation of my voice.

kpJvXXm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom