• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more time: maybe he isn't but he does have some unknown about him. We all know what Hoyer is.

I get that, but he can't beat Hoyer in practice....

Enj9XeV.gif

you're dead to me trejo!

It'll be ok Wienke....Once Romo gets his ring I'll be 100% on the Dolphins again, I promise.

you guy aren't listening. I don't think there ever was a QB competition. I don't think Mallet ever had a chance to get the job outside of injury or Hoyer was downright awful.

I think Hoyer was the starter the second he was signed.

That could be true, but if Mallet was playing better don't you think Bob would make the change?

What are you in that dropped 8%? I was down 2.5 this morning. The dow was down 1000 points earlier and bounced back for now. I almost want to exchange into money market.

I have it spread out through a bunch of different things 25% of which is in emerging Markets, so thank you china. I'm being aggressive right now since I'm young and can afford it. I also have investment elsewhere though so I'm not sweating it.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I like laughing at the Raiders as much as the next guy but does anyone else feel sorry for them? They're one of the top 5 most dedicated fanbases in the NFL, and their reward for it just mediocrity upon mediocrity.

bionic77

Maybe I am delusional but I didn't think Hoyer was that bad for the Browns.

I am not saying he is elite but I remember him being above average.

He was certainly able to take advantage of our terrible shitty defense!

jmdajr

Only Blake Bortles, Derek Carr, Kyle Orton and Geno Smith had a worse grade than Hoyer last season (and none had the friendly offense that he did).

poop

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Agree 100%. Essentially my stance is anyone (Mallet or Savage) over Hoyer.

I think Hoyer will do better than people expect. He ain't no elite QB but I think he'll do well enough.
probably. Fitz played better than everyone expected last year.

That could be true, but if Mallet was playing better don't you think Bob would make the change?
No. As I've stated multiple times, I think Hoyer would have to have played bad for Mallet to win the job.

cdyhybrid

No. As I've stated multiple times, I think Hoyer would have to have played bad for Mallet to win the job.

That's the same thing. If you think an NFL coach is going to purposely start a guy
tanking excluded
that gives him a lesser chance of winning games, you're crazy.

Pagusas

Elden Member
curious, as we all wait for news on Nelson, has a player ever been pre-diagnosed with a torn ACL and the MRI comes back and finds it to be a more minor injury? Im guess they wouldnt not have even suggested an ACL tear unless they were 99% sure.

Just trying not to get hopes up.

bionic77

curious, as we all wait for news on Nelson, has a player ever been pre-diagnosed with a torn ACL and the MRI comes back and finds it to be a more minor injury? Im guess they wouldnt not have even suggested an ACL tear unless they were 99% sure.

Just trying not to get hopes up.
There is a physical test that they do that shows you have an ACL tear.

The MRI just confirms that.

Anything is possible but the dude has an ACL tear. I am sure by now he has already gotten the MRI and been scheduled for surgery. Time to move on.

captive

That's the same thing. If you think an NFL coach is going to purposely start a guy
tanking excluded
that gives him a lesser chance of winning games, you're crazy.
not really. If Hoyer is your known commodity, and Mallet is your unknown commodity and they're even(as O'Brien has said all along, if you believe him) or Mallet slightly better. A conservative coach that thinks they're going to have a great defense may choose the "safe" option over the "unknown." That doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

He regressed terribly as the season went on.

Yes Mack got injured but he just wasn't able to make the throws we needed as the season wore on.

I'll never forget when he did everything possible to make us lose against Atlanta but we stole victory from the jaws of defeat.

Bowser

I dunno, some guys are better in actual games than they are on the practice field. Shit, I know Delhomme was for a time there.

I think Mallett not being starter is a blessing in disguise for him though. If he was named starter, he probably would have had a quick hook and been worried about Hoy Hoy in the back of his mind. At least now, when Hoy Hoy stinks up the joint (and he will), he'll get to come in to try to be the hero.

cdyhybrid

not really. If Hoyer is your known commodity, and Mallet is your unknown commodity and they're even(as O'Brien has said all along, if you believe him) or Mallet slightly better. A conservative coach that thinks they're going to have a great defense may choose the "safe" option over the "unknown." That doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

He's only an unknown commodity to the fans. If BOB doesn't know what Mallett has already at this point, he never will. Doesn't mean Mallett can't improve (or Hoyer regress/disappoint) and force BOB to make a decision down the road, but BOB knows what he has right now, and he's making a decision off that. He's probably concerned with getting his starter more first-team reps as we approach real games, as well.

Colasante

Per @caplannfl and me: #Patriots rookie CB Darryl Roberts (7th round, Marshall) has significant wrist injury that could threaten his season.

Damn. I hope he recovers. I was hoping he could have a Butler-like ascension this season.

Line_HTX

We need more of this Trejo not the fake Cowboy fan one.

Agreed. We do not need more Cowboy cheering.

I dunno, some guys are better in actual games than they are on the practice field. Shit, I know Delhomme was for a time there.

I think Mallett not being starter is a blessing in disguise for him though. If he was named starter, he probably would have had a quick hook and been worried about Hoy Hoy in the back of his mind. At least now, when Hoy Hoy stinks up the joint (and he will), he'll get to come in to try to be the hero.

I sense a wrestling analogy coming for when things go bad...

Well, at least Hoy Hoy is better than RG3.

He's the only quarterback in their miserable history to have a winning record. I guess he has that going for him.

The real Browns moved to Baltimore

Agree 100%. Essentially my stance is anyone (Mallet or Savage) over Hoyer.

probably. Fitz played better than everyone expected last year.

Same difference? If Hoyer shits the bed early Mallet will be in anyways, regardless you have jack shit at QB, you're not sniffing the playoffs this year.

:jnc

O'Brien could just be a bad coach though...

Not according to Mech,

We need more of this Trejo not the fake Cowboy fan one.

Soon as cowboys win I'll be back to my old self!

Line_HTX

I can kind of feel Mech's pain even though I knew it was inevitable, but man, if you're going to feel bad, at least put the Hello Kitty Texans avatar on. :p

EZ trolling is Picasso.

Your trolling is deviant art
I don't troll so I'm not sure what you're talking about. For some reason you are fine talking with other posters about the Texans but when I try to start a conversation you flip out.

I've been saying for a long time that the Texans don't have a legitimate starting QB on the roster and now that Hoyer has been named the starter that is even more apparent. I'm sorry that bothers you so much.

That said, I can see why you guys would prefer to see Mallett. There is always something appealing about a lesser known quantity relative to an unimpressive known quantity.

captive

Same difference? If Hoyer shits the bed early Mallet will be in anyways, regardless you have jack shit at QB, you're not sniffing the playoffs this year.

Whew, you sure told me! The Texans wont make the playoffs, shocking! Someone's mad they've never beaten the Texans.

Also, they were the last team eliminated from playoff contention last year. No one would have thought that before the season. You're shit talk is meaningless to me, I wished an ACL tear on Arian Foster last year so they could suck more and get a better draft pick. That's real fandom right there.

MechDX

Dolphins fans getting all high and mighty this year.
Can't wait for the Pats to win that division as usual.

And their bi yearly loss to the Texans

Dolphins fans getting all high and mighty this year.
Can't wait for the Pats to win that division as usual.

And their bi yearly loss to the Texans
What are you even talking about? High and mighty? I already said I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans won again thanks to their d-line.

You have a serious persecution complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom