• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

66R1CDe.png

200w.gif

Bowser

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
Reggie Wayne and New England Patriots have reached agreement on a one-year deal, league source told ESPN.

Whew, you sure told me! The Texans wont make the playoffs, shocking! Someone's mad they've never beaten the Texans.

Also, they were the last team eliminated from playoff contention last year. No one would have thought that before the season. You're shit talk is meaningless to me, I wished an ACL tear on Arian Foster last year so they could suck more and get a better draft pick. That's real fandom right there.

I wasn't shit talking though, I just don't get the hype (mostly from Mech) when you have nothing at QB, even if you had someone serviceable I could understand but Mech acts like you're going to be some powerhouse in the AFC....

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

you can dot dot dot all you want.

If you want a better draft pick, its beneficial for good players to get hurt. ACL tears these days are super easy to come back from, even tom Brady's pussy ass came back from one.

jbug617

Banned
Was this posted about Peyton?

He still doesn’t have feeling in the fingertips on his right hand. “I can’t feel anything in my fingertips,” Manning said Thursday. “It’s crazy. I’ve talked to a doctor recently who said, Don’t count on the feeling coming back. It was hard for me for about two years, because one doctor told me I could wake up any morning and it might come back. So you wake up every day thinking, Today’s the day! Then it’s not.” I find his production all the more impressive since four neck procedures caused him to miss the 2011 season, and caused him to lose—maybe forever—the comfortable grip on the football. At 36, 37 and 38, his combined completion percentage is 2.8 percentage points higher than in his career before the neck problems; in Indy, he averaged 28.5 touchdown passes per season; in Denver, it’s 43.7. He may play games this year without wearing the glove he used last year, but anytime there’s weather or wind, expect the glove to be worn.

I think he has to hang it up soon. Already doing damage to his body.

captive

I wasn't shit talking though, I just don't get the hype (mostly from Mech) when you have nothing at QB, even if you had someone serviceable I could understand but Mech acts like you're going to be some powerhouse in the AFC....

Apparently you don't understand hyperbole. Just about everything that comes out of Mach's posts is hyperbole.

Dolphins fans getting all high and mighty this year.
Can't wait for the Pats to win that division as usual.

And their bi yearly loss to the Texans

Mech pls, Darkest and I fully expect our yearly collapse. We are just being realistic, your optimism is out of control.

Apparently you don't understand hyperbole. Just about everything that comes out of Mach's posts is hyperbole.

I do, it's just really annoying. Like Kas levels of annoying.

If you want a better draft pick, its beneficial for good players to get hurt. ACL tears these days are super easy to come back from, even tom Brady's pussy ass came back from one.

I like you,

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Damage is already done so it's more a matter if he is willing to risk more damage. Dude eat, sleeps, and shits football so I wouldn't count on him retiring just yet.

Godslay

Banned

It's always been this way. No feeling in his fingertips is from the injury and surgery. It's nothing new.

He's throwing without a glove this year. That's a positive sign for his grip strength. His zip has also slightly improved, he's been throwing deep throughout camp.

Like the article states he'll probably go back to the glove come winter. Which is fine.

The important thing at this point is to put him on a pitch count and let some of the burden fall on the ZBS and defense to make the team more complete.

I didn't see that on Saturday, so it concerns me that we are going to just run his offense. It has to be a hybrid for this plan to work. Otherwise we'll be right back to where we started with a one dimensional offense come winter.

cdyhybrid

Was literally one of the 5 worst receivers in football last year. Mind boggling that the Pats don't have some rookie project instead of throwing away a roster spot.

They have to just be signing him for espionage purposes leading up to their inevitable playoff game vs. Indy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Maybe you guys should just draft better from wherever you're slotted. Those high pick busts the Texans are so fond of aren't winning you any games.

Is Reggie Wayne good anymore?

No.

Dragon

Banned
Was literally one of the 5 worst receivers in football last year. Mind boggling that the Pats don't have some rookie project instead of throwing away a roster spot.

Pats have had WR projects for years and years. I remember when Bethel Johnson was the man. They haven't developed dick in my years following the team besides Terry Glenn, Deion Branch and Edelman. I wouldn't count Welker or even Troy Brown but maybe others would.

Who are they cockblocking? Themselves for a roster spot?

Probably. Most likely it's as others have said, getting insight into Manning and Luck.

Bowser

You know, I could honestly see Belichek sign Wayne for these preseason games and then let him go when he cuts down to the 53 man roster.

Would be fucking hilarious.

captive

I love football fans.

you guys have something to add? I mean is this not a forum for discussion? If i'm wrong, tell me why. I'm just being real. I have no emotional attachment to players, players get hurt all the time, sure it sucks for them. But by and by an ACL injury, especially for a running back isn't that big of a deal. They'll get a whole year off to heal their entire body. And they can come back stronger.

Bowser

I'm debating whether to pay for Gamepass this year or not. The money isn't a big deal but I don't know how much I'm going to end up using it.

Apparently I signed up for the free trial last week (I didn't think I had cause I never got a confirmation email) and was just charged $99 yesterday -_-

Oh well, at least I'll get HD preseason streams *grumbles*

captive

Maybe you guys should just draft better from wherever you're slotted. Those high pick busts the Texans are so fond of aren't winning you any games.
Historically the 1st round draft picks for the Texans have performed quite well actually. Its the rounds 3-7 where they need to get better.

Dragon

Banned
you guys have something to add? I mean is this not a forum for discussion? If i'm wrong, tell me why. I'm just being real. I have no emotional attachment to players, players get hurt all the time, sure it sucks for them. But by and by an ACL injury, especially for a running back isn't that big of a deal. They'll get a whole year off to heal their entire body. And they can come back stronger.

Tearing your ACL means you're much more susceptible to tearing it again. Yeah sure Adrian Peterson is a fucking freak, I just think it's an assumption that RBs, who have a short shelf life in the NFL as it is, are more likely to come back stronger from an injury like that.

Apparently I signed up for the free trial last week (I didn't think I had cause I never got a confirmation email) and was just charged $99 yesterday -_-

Oh well, at least I'll get HD preseason streams *grumbles*

They tried to auto-charge me but they had an out of date credit card. I don't know. I'll make my decision before the regular season. I've been itching to look at some game footage of the first two preseason games (specifically focusing on the Giants o-line) but I'm back and forth.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Is this the birth of the eugenics movement in pro football?

BigAT

10256687.jpg

Additionally, you're wrong.

This is incorrect. Adrian Peterson is by far the exception, not the rule.

On top of, ya know, rooting for fellow human beings' livelihoods and general wellness being severely damaged is a bit scummy, no?

cdyhybrid

I think the assertion that you're a good fan because you wished season-ending injury on one of your players is the main sticking point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom