• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
This is incorrect. Adrian Peterson is by far the exception, not the rule.

On top of, ya know, rooting for fellow human beings' livelihoods and general wellness being severely damaged is a bit scummy, no.

Foster's already made millions. Ain't taking any livelihood away from anyone. Beside the fact foster will likely become some Buddhist monk or some shit and give away all his money anyway.

I think the assertion that you're a good fan because you wished season-ending injury on one of your players is the main sticking point.
ok. But logically the team was coming off 2-14, had no QB no one expected shit from them. So whats the big deal? Not like they were going to the superbowl or something.

Foster's already made millions. Ain't taking any livelihood away from anyone. Beside the fact foster will likely become some Buddhist monk or some shit and give away all his money anyway.

ok. But logically the team was coming off 2-14, had no QB no one expected shit from them. So whats the big deal? Not like they were going to the superbowl or something.

At least dial it down to a hamstring injury or something small that can keep them out for the year, an ACL can reduce their playing career quickly, if not just completely end it.

cdyhybrid

You can root for them to lose without wishing for a guy's career to be put in jeopardy. It's not a big deal because you don't have any effect on whether he actually tears his ACL or not - I just don't think it's a very good look.

TheFatOne

Was literally one of the 5 worst receivers in football last year. Mind boggling that the Pats don't have some rookie project instead of throwing away a roster spot.

Pats have a rookie who has flashed some real skill. Not sure why they signed Reggie Wayne the man is done.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Historically the 1st round draft picks for the Texans have performed quite well actually. Its the rounds 3-7 where they need to get better.

The Texans love to take busts when they pick high (Carr, Okoye, Mario, Clowney), this is why your dumb ass rooting for injuries makes no sense.

Milchjon

10256687.jpg

eznark.jpg

captive

At least dial it down to a hamstring injury or something small that can keep them out for the year, an ACL can reduce their playing career quickly, if not just completely end it.
Yea but Foster gets hamstring injuries every year. Texans fans can back that up.

You can root for them to lose without wishing for a guy's career to be put in jeopardy. It's not a big deal because you don't have any effect on whether he actually tears his ACL or not - I just don't think it's a very good look.

since when do we care about "looks" in here, other than cheerleaders? We have people openly admitting to being alcoholic, calling each other pussies, dicks, assholes, so on and so forth. Yet I say I wish an ACL injury on a guy that's already made millions, wouldn't get cut by the team if he got injured so he would get paid anyway, it would reduce the wear and tear on his body from running that year.

Anyway i'm only half serious. More like if he got hurt it wouldn't upset me. I don't actually want anyone to get hurt.

jbug617

Banned
Was literally one of the 5 worst receivers in football last year. Mind boggling that the Pats don't have some rookie project instead of throwing away a roster spot.

They do in Chris Harper but maybe this is more about LaFell still being hurt and on PUP. As of now Reggie is probably the 4th or 5th option at WR and will slide down once LaFell is ready.

cdyhybrid

since when do we care about "looks" in here, other than cheerleaders? We have people openly admitting to being alcoholic, calling each other pussies, dicks, assholes, so on and so forth. Yet I say I wish an ACL injury on a guy that's already made millions, wouldn't get cut by the team if he got injured so he would get paid anyway, it would reduce the wear and tear on his body from running that year.

I mean...if that's the company you want to keep, more power to you I guess ;)

Patriots have long come to terms with the fact that they suck ass at developing receivers. They are the anti Pack in that regard.

bionic77

I had a fabulous joke lined up about them getting him for his 'other talents' and I was going to link it to Regulate (gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn you keep), but then I realized I confused Wayne with Harrison. :(

captive

The Texans love to take busts when they pick high (Carr, Okoye, Mario, Clowney), this is why your dumb ass rooting for injuries makes no sense.

except they have many more good first round picks. Watt, Mario, Cushing, Hopkins, Duane Brown, Jackson, Andre Johnson, Dunta Robinson. And maybe Mercilus.

Also no way Clowney is a bust yet, dude was injured last season.

edit lol, you actually think Mario was a bust. Your opinion is immediately invalidated by that fact alone.

Godslay

Banned
except they have many more good first round picks. Watt, Mario, Cushing, Hopkins, Duane Brown, Jackson, Andre Johnson, Dunta Robinson. And maybe Mercilus.

Also no way Clowney is a bust yet, dude was injured last season.

Nice. Look at all those guys Kubes and Smith drafted.

On one hand, I see where captive is coming from. Wins are a detriment to his teams long term cause.

On the other, no need to wish injury on players, history says all the Texans have to do is stick with their crop of low rent quarterbacks and they'll pick high regardless!

In other words:

Brian

Brian

BRIAN

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yer

captive

Nice. Look at all those guys Kubes and Smith drafted.

It was all smith and casserly. Kubes had no say at all. Jk.

Yes they drafted some good first rounders.... Like I said before rounds 3-7 were abysmal. Dat 2013 draft...

Godslay

Banned

Yes they drafted some good first rounders.... Like I said before rounds 3-7 were abysmal. Dat 2013 draft...

Wade is credited for JJ though iirc. So can't take credit for that one.

Foster was a late rounded too iirc.

Line_HTX

Come on now. Mario is definitely NOT a bust, and you can't say that about Clowney yet. You're being unfair on that front.

Godslay

Banned
I'm not mad at Reggie.

He's just getting paid. No one else was interested.

It's like he's shacking up with some rich homely chick so you don't have to work.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Come on now. Mario is definitely NOT a bust, and you can't say that about Clowney yet. You're being unfair on that front.

I'm pretty sure if you read this thread when Mario was on the Texans, you'd believe he was the worst player who ever did play.

TheFatOne

They do in Chris Harper but maybe this is more about LaFell still being hurt and on PUP. As of now Reggie is probably the 4th or 5th option at WR and will slide down once LaFell is ready.

No way Dobson is making the team. Guy is a bust. LaFell seems like he is going to be ready for the first week. If he's the number five receiver then I have no problem with this signing.

Line_HTX

I kind of wish Smith was gone too. He's been there too long and did diddly squat to significantly improve the offense.

Dragon

Banned
I'm not mad at Reggie.

He's just getting paid. No one else was interested.

It's like he's shacking up with some rich homely chick so you don't have to work.

You ARE a Broncos fan right? Did you adopt all of Peyton's old WRs or something when I was banned?

Line_HTX

I'm pretty sure if you read this thread when Mario was on the Texans, you'd believe he was the worst player who ever did play.

Yeah, well, it's not like I wanted Reggie Bush or anything. I thought Mario did fine after some injuries. Hell, I'm glad they took Mario over Reggie and Vince. It took them a while to get really good after they left their respective teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom