• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

As a Colts fan, I was a little troubled by the Titans last night. I figured Luck would get a 15 year gift of 4 free division wins like Brady has enjoyed, but Mariota looks like the real deal. Can't teach his pocket presence

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Driving home I hear something along the lines of this

Jim Rome: " two things blew up yesterday, one of Jordy Nelsons knee, the other were the packers playoff chances"

Smh

Jim Rome is by far the worst host on sports radio. He's worse than Cowherd, which I didn't think was possible.

As a Colts fan, I was a little troubled by the Titans last night. I figured Luck would get a 15 year gift of 4 free division wins like Brady has enjoyed, but Mariota looks like the real deal. Can't teach his pocket presence
Always felt good about Mariota. He has the essentials; smarts, pocket presence, and ACCURACY. He could develop into something special if Tennessee doesn't screw him over.

Colasante

I think this season at least will be another freebie for the Colts. Mariota might be good, but the Titans still have nothing on defense and Hoyer certainly isn't a legitimate challenger for the division title.

Respect

Jim Everett is a big fan of Rome at least.

jim-everett-v-jim-rome-o.gif

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

lmao so you have squickened to the colts?

So you went from Texans -> Rams -> Colts right? Or did I miss a team or two?

Always felt good about Mariota. He has the essentials; smarts, pocket presence, and ACCURACY. He could develop into something special if Tennessee doesn't screw him over.

After watching him last night, I honestly think he is the far better QB between him and Winston. If they can keep him upright and healthy, he is the type of QB you build a team around.

After watching him last night, I honestly think he is the far better QB between him and Winston. If they can keep him upright and healthy, he is the type of QB you build a team around.
Winston is riskier but I think he has a higher ceiling. He has a stronger arm than Mariota and is just capable of making more "wow" throws. I look at him as a guy with a Roethlisberger ceiling, but who knows if he'll ever make it to that point.

Honestly I like both of them but if I had to pick one today I'd probably go with Mariota.

Pepiope

Any updated news on Jordy Nelson? I've been freaking out all day. :(
No idea, but I googled his name, and LOL Lions

“I hated Jordy got hurt, but in my beliefs, and the way I believe, it was — God meant for Jordy to get hurt,” Quin said. “So if he wouldn’t have got hurt today, if he wouldn’t have played in that game, if he wouldn’t have practiced anymore, and the next time he walked on the field would have been opening day, I feel like he would have got hurt opening day. So in that sense, now they’ve got three weeks to make adjustments and prepare before opening day, as opposed to it happening opening day and now you’re in the season and now Jordy gets hurt. It happening in the preseason, you hate that it happened, but that gives them time to make adjustments and try to find something.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eason-god-meant-for-jordy-nelson-to-get-hurt/

eznark

Banned
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...ackers-offense-adjust-jordy-nelson-injury-acl

The offense itself dictates who is targeted in the passing game, and it can selectively emphasize - or de-emphasize - any individual role. Moreover, Jordy Nelson's direct replacement will not see anything close to his 151 targets from 2014. Most of those will simply be apportioned to the existing excellent receiving corps. Randall Cobb is roughly as productive as Nelson, and simply absorbing a sixth of Nelson's targets in addition to his normal allotment would get him roughly to Nelson's 2014 target numbers. For everyone who thinks Davante Adams is a huge breakout candidate, he had 85 fewer targets than Nelson last year and everyone already expected a huge jump for him. Ty Montgomery and future hall of famer Jeff Janis will probably see bigger roles, but again, that was already expected to some extent. And Eddie Lacy, and Richard Rodgers, and James Starks and eventually Andrew Quarless (and who knows, maybe even Jared Abbrederis if he can get back on the field) can all help to pick up the slack.

Aaron Rodgers gets to decide who should and should not be replacing Jordy Nelson on a play-to-play basis. Nowhere else in sports is it so easy to simply steer a workload to its most efficient participants. Granted, there is a limit to this principle. If you lack depth at receiver like so many Calvin Johnson-based Lions teams before Golden Tate, an injury to Megatron is devastating. Likewise the vintage Andre Johnson Houston Texans with Kevin Walter and Jacoby Jones waiting in the wings. But for a team like the Packers, losing even a great player like Nelson just isn't that big a deal.

So yes, it's bad, and this should not be read as saying that Nelson isn't a star, because he is. There will most certainly be a negative effect to losing him, especially if some of the younger guys do not develop into credible deep threats, but in general the Packers are extremely well-prepared to weather the storm and maintain a superb offense, thanks to the depth they have developed on offense. Don't Panic.

Godslay

Banned
And now we have Tebow. We've made amends.

Zach BermanVerified account
‏@ZBerm
Sam Bradford: “I have no problem getting hit. But if you want to come hit me, hit me in the chest."

One thing to have Tebow, another to embrace him as the savior.

Game is played at speed, any piece of the QB a defender can get, they are going to take it.

Pepiope

One thing to have Tebow, another to embrace him as the savior.

Game is played at speed, any piece of the QB a defender can get, they are going to take it.
and flags will be thrown accordingly.

We have embraced Tebow as the savior. He is the power that's keeping Bradford healthy.

Spinluck

Glad to have you back on board friend!

We should throw you a party for sticking with the same team 2 years straight!

Also, I still think our biggest threat is the Texans D, but hopefully Hoyer cancels that out. Mariota looks like he can develop into Vince Young tier, nothing we haven't seen before!

squicken

Also, I still think our biggest threat is the Texans D, but hopefully Hoyer cancels that out. Mariota looks like he can develop into Vince Young tier, nothing we haven't seen before!

VY looked to run first, and really couldn't throw consistently from the pocket. MM is way better. And Whiz is better than Fisher. I used to be down on Whiz, but as we saw with Arians last year, you are just fucked in all ways when Ryan Lindley is your QB

j-wood

Get that shit out of here. They aren't even in the same league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom