• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

JFF hurt his arm :(

Oh, no. What's gonna happen to Johnny boy now?

I'm looking forward to the Panthers-Dolphins joint practices next week. Even if Donkey Kong Suh is going to rip off Cam's arm.

Racist.

Looks Iike steak is something we cannot come to a consensus on.

Other than the Pats being scumbag cheaters with asterisks forever next to all of their wins is there anything else we can all agree on?

I thought we could agree on anime being trash but apparently quite a few of you own love pillows....

I own none of those pillows and I HATE those things, thank you.

I think we all agree that Popeyes > KFC

We also all agree that gotor is your son so you have some explaining to do.

Let's go git sum Popeyes!

Bowser

Sorry to hear about your grandma, my friend. My condolences.

Congrats on the new job, though! Oddly enough I heard back yesterday about my interview last week and I've also got an offer coming my way. I am super relieved and pumped. Soon I'll be in Greenville, SC which means I might consider checking out a Panthers game sometime!

Greenville, SC huh? One of my best friends from college is from there.

If Cam has to be the blood sacrifice for the betterment of the league, so be it.

Awesome news man!

I'm glad you think so, speaking of which. How is your team doing? I hope you will be able to test our Oline/LBs/CBs. And how's the defense?

It would so awesome if because of Brady embarrassing the league he now gets treated like Ben, Rodgers and other athletic qbs where defenders can hit them low, high and dirty hits are rarely flagged.

Suh was obviously meant to come to Miami.

I was against the Suh signing originally but if he curb stomps brady the $114 million will be worth it.

Sorry to hear about your grandma, my friend. My condolences.

Congrats on the new job, though! Oddly enough I heard back yesterday about my interview last week and I've also got an offer coming my way. I am super relieved and pumped. Soon I'll be in Greenville, SC which means I might consider checking out a Panthers game sometime!

Congrats!!!! A lot of good news going around it seems, even Grover has something to look forward too.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
theres a thread about triggers. I still dont fully understand wtf a trigger is.

For the very, very, very rare individual that has been through some serious trauma, certain things might cause them to mentally relive those events.

The problem is the assumption that it's so common and pervasive that entire words and phrases need to be micromanaged. It also can give power to the fear and trauma that people have suffered that can otherwise recover even while in normal everyday life.

because outside of the US, KFC is HUGE. Im not kidding. Especially in Asia.

More proof that America is the best.

Line_HTX

Let's say for the sake of argument:

I say the characters you like are shit and you have shit tastes.

And then you react like I'm some bully...
image.php

Pretty much what wienke said. While there are people have have legit PTSD, the big problem is too many people think that if they get offended in any way, words or phrases need to be immediately banned. Those people are ones that need to be coddled and believe that being offended is dangerous to their health. It's kind of the reason why some comedians say they no longer speak at colleges because of too much PC. Essentially,
it's the world of ShimoSeka where coarse language doesn't exist.

Megumi is cool and derpy, but Erina-sama is SO PERFECT and Godo Dayum, Ikumi is the best meat worthy of Meat Master title!

rando14

Some
MOST
would call me a fool for accepting this bet.

And they're right to do so...I accept.

How long will you have to wear the avatar for?

#nomorebrownwater

Considering our explosive relationship, that is fundamentally based on the highest echelon of disrespect, I feel that mathematically this can only lead to a one-month long bet!!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I already played and beat all the games I wanted to get done. I usually get 5-6 hours a sleep a night anyway so its gonna be like nothings changed on that front.
its not just the quantity, its the quality. How well do you do when you only get 5-6 hours of sleep but its in 2 or 3 chunks? Its a lot harder to get good REM sleep when you constantly get up.

eznark

Banned

You aren't on a college campus so you don't really need to worry about it. College seems like a motherfucking nightmare right now.

Written consent to bang, "free speech" zones, trigger warnings...I'd have been expelled first semester.

Malalaw

its not just the quantity, its the quality. How well do you do when you only get 5-6 hours of sleep but its in 2 or 3 chunks? Its a lot harder to get good REM sleep when you constantly get up.

I do OK. I wake up at 5 am for work and get off at 5pm. I try going to sleep early but I just can't. I seldom get up when I sleep until its time.

You aren't on a college campus so you don't really need to worry about it. College seems like a motherfucking nightmare right now.

Written consent to bang, "free speech" zones, trigger warnings...I'd have been expelled first semester.

I always laugh when I see the free speech zone on campus,

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

was just looking at that thread. These kids are in for a rude awakening when they hit the real world.

BigAT

Some recent campus actions border on the surreal. In April, at Brandeis University, the Asian American student association sought to raise awareness of microaggressions against Asians through an installation on the steps of an academic hall. The installation gave examples of microaggressions such as “Aren’t you supposed to be good at math?” and “I’m colorblind! I don’t see race.” But a backlash arose among other Asian American students, who felt that the display itself was a microaggression. The association removed the installation, and its president wrote an e-mail to the entire student body apologizing to anyone who was “triggered or hurt by the content of the microaggressions.”

"Microaggression" might actually be my trigger word. Holy fuck at that entire paragraph.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Considering our explosive relationship, that is fundamentally based on the highest echelon of disrespect, I feel that mathematically this can only lead to a one-month long bet!!

Accepted chummmmmmmmp.

Wait what "free speech" zones? I know every older generation says it but really this generation beneath us is the worst. This entitlement and everyone's feelings can't be hurt is getting crazy.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 59s60 seconds ago
Eagles fans have started a http://Change.org petition asking for Pope Francis to bless the knees of Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford.

Also: HBO Now is stuttering badly when streaming. Doing research this seems to be a pretty common problem on all browsers but I can not find any solutions. Fuck

Line_HTX

Jesus fuck, is "microaggression" even a damn word?

Especially the part when they realize that customers at Starbucks don't give a fuck about their triggers.

MAYBE WE SHOULD CHUCK ON OVER NAMBY PAMBY LAND WHERE MAYBE WE CAN FIND SOME SELF CONFIDENCE FOR YOU, YOU JACKWAGON!

Am I the only one who doesn't get offended if someone asks me if I'm good at math? I mean, I think I'm good enough at math to get by, but I'm not spectacular like those people who go to math competitions in high school or those who are insane at Calculus 3. I feel like I heard most insults directed towards me my whole life and I brush them off like I heard them all before. *Shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom