• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to post this when I first saw/heard it but I forgot.

*Mike Florio warning for those who don't like him for whatever reason

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...where-is-ameer-abdullah-in-lions-rb-rotation/

Anyways the initial conversation with Detroit Lions insider, Dave Birkett, was supposed to be about Ameer Abdullah, how he's going to be rookie of the year and how he's going to help the Restoration of the Roar. But the conversation shifted towards Suh and something I had no idea about, his bad relationship with the Detroit media the whole time he was in Detroit. And apparently it was pretty bad.

Listen to it for yourself but Suh felt the Detroit media was unfair to him after some incidents, like the speeding ticket he got, but Birkett points out how Suh would pretty much ignored the Detroit media and would then get mad when they'd publish articles about him without getting comment from him.

One thing that I always felt about Suh, but never posted on NFLGAF, was that Suh always seemed distant and like he didn't want to be apart of the Detroit Lions. It was always about the Suh brand.

You always see Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, DeAndre Levy etc. at fundraisers and doing work for the city but you'd rarely see Suh. He never took a leadership role that I think the team needed in a lot of instances.

Everything was fine for him because he was getting that fat 2010 rookie contract but I now think that he always knew he was going to bolt when given the chance to a bigger market/city to expand his brand name.

Even if that meant going to a worse team which he did by choosing the Dolphins over the Lions.

I'll still watch and admire Suh from afar and still think he is the most talented and physically dominant defensive player this league has ever seen but he's factually wrong on this. He's now hyping up his team, as he should, but the Lions are better on the defensive side of the ball at every positions, per ProFootballFocus, other than Cameron Wake on the left defensive end side.

I loved watching Suh play as a Lion but looking at it now it was best for the Lions to part ways. Instead of that cap space on one player we can use it on multiple young stars like DeAndre Levy, Darius Slay, Golden Tate etc.

I have a whole family full of native Detroit Lions fans, and I gotta say it's you I'll feel the worst for when they go 4-12 this year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BG who is this slut Mark Bishop? Just heard him on Toronto radio talk about the Browns and all he did was rip em despite the fact he's from a Cleveland radio station.

Tell him to eat a bag of dicks for me.

bionic77

Damn Dutch sorry to hear bro.

That shit never gets easier. Hopefully yall weren't together too long and making long term plans and stuff.
Always look for the positive.

Better to find out something now than 10 years later when you have a mortgage and 3 kids together.

dO8GsCt.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Always look for the positive.

Better to find out something now than 10 years later when you have a mortgage and 3 kids together.

Too true. The sooner a relationship ends the better in most cases.

Done the divorce thing even without mortgage and kids and that shit is the worst. Mostly look back at the relationship and think "what the fuck was I thinking?". I'd say 90% of my failed relationships also fall into that same line of thinking. If you're really honest with yourself, not too many chicks are "the one that got away" even if it feels like that immediately after getting dumped or maybe a long while after.

Beach

I actually think this is the year the Lions actually make noise is the postseason. Besides Green Bay and Seattle who would you say in the NFC is that much greater than them? The team that beat them replaced Murray with McFadden.

Believe in Kas.

Hindl

I really hope Eagles don't cut Demeco Ryans as some are suggesting now that they re-upped Kendricks. For once in my lifetime the Eagles have some quality LBs and I'd rather keep them.

Kiko so far has been injury prone and is already suffering from a concussion. We need the depth and leadership.

Don't ever listen to the Philly media they are all retarded. Meco got signed to a two year deal earlier in the year and they all swore up and down that kendricks was a goner. Now they're saying it's Ryans that's leaving because of kendricks? Even tho he signed an extension? And chip loves him? Again, don't listen to Philly media

BigAT

My girl broke up with me.

I'm broken like a high schooler after breaking up with his high school sweetheart.

Sorry Dutch. It's rough, but now is the time to hop back on your scooter, head down to the local Walmart, and cruise the snacks isle and I'm sure you'll find someone even better. I assume this is how Euros pick up women too.

Dimorphic

I actually think this is the year the Lions actually make noise is the postseason. Besides Green Bay and Seattle who would you say in the NFC is that much greater than them? The team that beat them replaced Murray with McFadden.

Believe in Kas.

Philadelphia will have a great season in my opinion if Bradford stays healthy. I am very confident in Chip Kelly and he has upgraded his defence significantly. I'm not saying SB but a playoff run is realistic.

Also can I say as an Australian and a massive fan of New South Wales State of Origin I am STOKED to see Jarryd Hayne having an impact on the 49ers. It's MASSIVE news over here and it's great to see the game get some prime time coverage in Australia.

jakncoke

Banned
Of course bills/steelers game is on nfl network. Should be on a local tv station, seeing as they subject me to their shitty ass team weekly in the regular, why not when they playing the steelers idc if its the preseason

MechDX

Texans PR ‏@TexansPR · 2m2 minutes ago
The 3rd episode of HARD KNOCKS: TRAINING CAMP WITH THE @HOUSTONTEXANS on @HBO attracted 888,000 viewers, the most watched so far this season

Texans PR ‏@TexansPR · 2m2 minutes ago
HARD KNOCKS: TRAINING CAMP WITH THE @HOUSTONTEXANS averages 848,000 viewers, which is 28% ahead of 1st 3 episodes from 2014 season (665,000)

Must have been people tuning in to laugh at Hoyer being named started

eznark

Banned
Must have been people tuning in to laugh at Hoyer being named started

I've enjoyed this season so far. I don't really know why, since nothing interesting has happened and none of the players are compelling. BoB is just fun to watch.

It was also funny to see Watt is basically Ken Griffey Jr. Hard working, lovable young man in public, but pampered and coddled bitch with his own special bedroom in the locker room in private.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Of course bills/steelers game is on nfl network. Should be on a local tv station, seeing as they subject me to their shitty ass team weekly in the regular, why not when they playing the steelers idc if its the preseason

it should be on a local tv station, I believe they are required by law to air national tv games on local channels for those people that don't have cable/satellite.

MechDX

I've enjoyed this season so far. I don't really know why, since nothing interesting has happened and none of the players are compelling. BoB is just fun to watch.

It was also funny to see Watt is basically Ken Griffey Jr. Hard working, lovable young man in public, but pampered and coddled bitch with his own special bedroom in the locker room in private.

I was creeped out when Shane Lechler was watching him sleep.

BigAT

I still haven't watched the third episode yet, but through two I feel like Hard Knocks has been kind of crummy this year. Not completely awful, but just incredibly bland. There have definitely been better seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom