• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
zZmygHh.gif

Better that he rests for as long as he can.

Line_HTX

Rockets are going to win by TIGER KNEE'ing people and make the West look at J.J. Watt in a Harden beard twerking next to the bench.

bionic77

The Cavs play in the East.

This means nothing. That is plenty of time for him and the team to get on the same page in time for the playoffs.

The Cavs are pretty much guaranteed a trip to the Finals as long as they are in the East.

If they were in the West they would be fucked though.

Bros did a smart thing when he stayed in the Leastern Conference. Increased his odds greatly of winning more titles because he is pretty much guaranteed to make the Finals every year. The only bad thing is he can't win those last 4 games very often...

BG, Cavs just need to be healthy in time for the playoffs. They're probably going to win the title this year, so relax.

Unrelated: that "Capitan Todd" thread on gaming side is great.

Godslay

Banned
I just remember Mech using a quote from Office Space a long time ago. I looked for the post but couldn't find it. It was like 2011 or so. LOL.

Ever since then, I thought he was the neighbor.

The Cavs play in the East.

This means nothing. That is plenty of time for him and the team to get on the same page in time for the playoffs.

The Cavs are pretty much guaranteed a trip to the Finals as long as they are in the East.

If they were in the West they would be fucked though.

Bros did a smart thing when he stayed in the Leastern Conference. Increased his odds greatly of winning more titles because he is pretty much guaranteed to make the Finals every year. The only bad thing is he can't win those last 4 games very often...

You think that this team (healthy being the obvious caveat) couldn't win the West? Yes the East sucks and yes he has more opportunities because how much the East sucks (no one wants to go to East teams and get their asses kicked because of the lack of quality)

But Bionic, you are wrong about them not being capable of winning the West. The only two teams that can definitely take them straight up are... The Warriors and The Spurs.

You think that this team (healthy being the obvious caveat) couldn't win the West? Yes the East sucks and yes he has more opportunities because how much the East sucks (no one wants to go to East teams and get their asses kicked because of the lack of quality)

But Bionic, you are wrong about them not being capable of winning the West. The only two teams that can definitely take them straight up are... The Warriors and The Spurs.

No one is ever 100% come playoff time so you can throw that theory out the window. Anyone can beat them in the west doesn't mean they aren't favorite over the majority of them but by being in the East even if they are at 85-90% they are still huge favorites. Unlike the east being on the west with one dude twisting his ankle and missing 2 games could be the difference between moving on or going fishing.

No one is ever 100% come playoff time so you can throw that theory out the window. Anyone can beat them in the west doesn't mean they aren't favorite over the majority of them but by being in the East even if they are at 85-90% they are still huge favorites. Unlike the east one dude twisting his ankle and missing 2 games could be the difference between moving on or going fishing.

Don't disagree at all, the West is that grueling and the East is a joke. but saying that this team couldn't win in the West is just wrong. That was my problem is all.

Also to your other post about Stern

#BringbacktheSupersonics

bionic77

It is extremely difficult to get a high playoff seed in the West. Literally all of the good teams in the NBA with the exception of the Lebrons are in the West. The East is a huge pile of shit.

The Cavs COULD win in the West but there is also a very good chance that they might not make the finals either. There are so many more good players and different styles, it is challenging.

Don't disagree at all, the West is that grueling and the East is a joke. but saying that this team couldn't win in the West is just wrong. That was my problem is all.

Also to your other post about Stern

#BringbacktheSupersonics

Well I think that's what old man Bionic was talking about. Them being in the east is a easy ride while being in the west is a blood bath. Yes they can do it but why put yourself through that shit if you don't have to?

On my phone so I can only link, but a tweet RE: Russell's magic water curing his concussion.

https://twitter.com/davishsuseattle/status/637095373513752576

That was me... I'm sorry I couldn't resist I had to buy!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Look at Russell sharing some quality time with his sister!

uhg4gih.png

So great that he's sharing this moment.

I like the product placement of his mythical healing water. Made sure everyone could see it.

"Let's pretend we're having a sibling moment when in reality I'm a snake oil salesman trying to sell you magic water."

Syrinx

Question for basketball fans:

How has the west been as thoroughly dominant over the east for as insanely long as it's been? If it were a five-year stretch or so I'd get it but it seems like the west has towered over the east in terms of depth and competition since the turn turn of the century at least. How have things not evened out?

cdyhybrid

How has the west been as thoroughly dominant over the east for as insanely long as it's been? If it were a five-year stretch or so I'd get it but it seems like the west has towered over the east in terms of depth and competition since the turn turn of the century at least. How have things not evened out?
Eastern teams are run by morons.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Matthew Stafford on the other hand is more concerned about the environment than selling you magic water.

Matthew-Stafford-recycle.png

Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford Teams Up With REPREVE® To "Make The Smart Throw" And Recycle

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/detroit-lions-qb-matthew-stafford-110000218.html

He didn't need to go on Instagram and tell everyone he was joining a going green effort endorsing recycling just to boost his ego or cash flow like Russell always seems to do.

Fair points. I thought Bionic was basically acting like a huge SEC homer and "doh SECSECSEC, everyone else bombs and can't win ever and blah blah blah fucking blah" with saying that the team couldn't win period in the West.

Yes LeBron lucks out with the Shitty East and yes it's tougher in the West hands down most definitely and fun to watch.

gutshot

This KC Joyner fella seems like a smart guy...

When a 10-6 team adds a potential franchise quarterback in a trade, it wouldn't seem like a stretch to call that club a strong Super Bowl contender, yet that doesn't seem to be the perception of the Philadelphia Eagles.

According to the latest Super Bowl odds generated by the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, Philadelphia is tied for sixth overall and tied with Dallas for third place in the NFC.

So why aren't the Eagles considered favorites to win the NFC? It boils down to a lack of faith in Sam Bradford's abilities and, to a lesser extent, in Chip Kelly's ability to keep Bradford healthy for a full-season slate.

Those concerns are understandable given Bradford's durability history and Kelly's read-option system, but a closer look at this situation shows that those worries are overblown. In fact, the more one examines this Bradford/Kelly offense, the more it becomes clear that if Bradford stays healthy for an entire regular season and postseason, Philadelphia should be considered a Super Bowl favorite.

Someone that has NFL Insider care to share the full article?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/stor...les-seen-legitimate-super-bowl-contenders-nfl

Run by morons first and foremost. No star wants to go play for a shitty team that has little chance to win the division.

Godslay

Banned

http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/stor...les-seen-legitimate-super-bowl-contenders-nfl

Like John Elway said today, what paper has won championships?

That's why no one believes in the Eagles and Bradford.

It's all potential and until that potential is tapped, nobody will respect them as contenders. The old respect is earned. I'll gladly give my respect if/when Bradford performs. Until then I'm not buying.

Reality check: the oddsmakers have Philly 3rd in the NFC. The two teams ahead of them are the Packers and the Seahawks.

Raise your head if you think Sam freaking Bradford elevates the Eagles above those two teams, just on paper. I mean, come on. It's not like they traded for Rodgers.

Tebow on the other hand...

bionic77

There are too many teams. There are only a handful of superstars. I think it is mostly luck that most of them reside in the Western Conference.

For a long time the East was much better and tougher than the West.

The Lakers have been pretty much the only team that was able to continue to win by getting talent in free agency. That is being put to the test at the end of Kobe and we will see if that continues once he is gone now that the team is being run by Jim Buss' retarded son. Otherwise you have to literally hit the lottery.

Line_HTX

Matthew Stafford on the other hand is more concerned about the environment than selling you magic water.

Matthew-Stafford-recycle.png

Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford Teams Up With REPREVE® To "Make The Smart Throw" And Recycle

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/detroit-lions-qb-matthew-stafford-110000218.html

He didn't need to go on Instagram and tell everyone he was joining a going green effort endorsing recycling just to boost his ego or cash flow like Russell always seems to do.

Yeah, I fucking hate that attention-seeking Instagram shit too. By the way, that's one shiny, squeaky clean trash can that Stafford can throw from. That smile and cap looks better than your current Stafford avatar. :)

gutshot

Reality check: the oddsmakers have Philly 3rd in the NFC. The two teams ahead of them are the Packers and the Seahawks.

Raise your head if you think Sam freaking Bradford elevates the Eagles above those two teams, just on paper. I mean, come on. It's not like they traded for Rodgers.

Tebow on the other hand...

Yeah, I actually think 3rd in the NFC is about right. Maybe being a bit generous. I just wanted to read the rest of the article to see what his reasoning is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom