• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop this FF disrespect pls

tumblr_mbchuf80YL1r45gwao1_500.gif

MechDX

Asked about Mallett's day of practice OB praised Hoyer, said Savage did some "decent things" then said Mallett "did some things." #Texans

Man I heard the actual quote on the Radio and O'Brien went in dry. Mallett is done

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Asked about Mallett's day of practice OB praised Hoyer, said Savage did some "decent things" then said Mallett "did some things." #Texans

Man I heard the actual quote on the Radio and O'Brien went in dry. Mallett is done

until hoyer gets injured sunday. Duane Brown is out.

eznark

Banned
FF IX is really the only FF that still matters, and is the only one anyone should still play.

Unless you have sex with your pillow, then go ahead and play 7, 10 and 12.

Spinluck

I don't know. I mean, obviously the game doesn't "play itself," but there is a pretty deep level of automation going on.

Removing the gambit system wouldn't have made it a better game though, especially during the more difficult battles (even though some of them required full team control). Plus the gambit system took a long time to develop, and didn't have a lot of the best commands till later in the game.

Remove the feature and all you have is an even more time consuming game, with shit AI teammates. The game had more depth and content than any of the PS2 FFs, and didn't have random encounters which is great cause it's a shit game design choice. Gambits were also optional, and you can play it like a turn based game if you wished.

Removing the gambit system wouldn't have made it a better game though, especially during the more difficult battles (even though some of them required full team control). Plus the gambit system took a long time to develop, and didn't have a lot of the best commands till later in the game.

Remove the feature and all you have is an even more time consuming game, with shit AI teammates. The game had more depth and content than any of the PS2 FFs, and didn't have random encounters which is great cause it's a shit game design choice. Gambits were also optional, and you can play it like a turn based game if you wished.

Yeah. I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea.

The game played like an MMO, the gambit system was so you could make your other party act the way you wanted them too, it's no different then the way Donald and Goofy are set up in Kingdom Hearts only with much more depth. You still had to take control especially during the harder fights.

Spinluck

Yeah. I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I see.

It's just weird to see that complaint. Might as well say that Madden plays itself because your teammates are all acting on their own.

The game played like an MMO, the gambit system was so you could make your other party act the way you wanted them too, it's no different then the way Donald and Goofy are set up in Kingdom Hearts only with much more depth. You still had to take control especially during the harder fights.

My man!

I honestly wish that more games allowed you to control the tendencies of AI allies. Of course it would be optional, but it'd save time in situations where shitty AI is causing you to restart a certain part in a game.

jmdajr

I just saw someone with Texans 20 Reed jersey. Like a real one, not the knockoff.
Maybe they get it on sale.... or free. Or maybe they lost a bet. Not sure.

Line_HTX

LONG... LIVE...
Lightning!!! Looking forward to XV though with all the bro'ing around.

Bill O'Brien: "Duane Brown has a hand injury, it's basically day to day. Not in serious category. Won't play against New Orleans." Doesn't think he'll need surgery.

Praised Hoy Hoy for having one of his best practices Friday. "I think Brian Hoyer had one of his better practices, situationally and everything else."

Mallet is STILL 2nd on the Depth chart despite being the 3rd QB to take snaps at practice today. Expressed anger and frustration.

@AaronWilson_NFL

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Here is the formula:

1a). Not the Patriots/Steelers. So I cheer for the team that has the best chance of beating them. That's why I was cheering for the Ravens for a few seasons. And Flacco was legit top 5 QB during those years.

1b) Sometimes not the Packers. This depends entirely on how much of a jackass eznark is during the season.

2. Team with a black QB that is at least half decent. So that eliminates the NY Jets. If the Patriots or Steelers ever got a stud black QB, you best believe I will cheer for them.

3. I like the Manning brothers.

4. We are allowed to cheer for at least 2 teams from each division, right?

5. If all else fails I consider the NY Giants my team.

This has to be one of the worst things I've read in this thread and we've had a lot of shit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I had the most fun playing FF12 but couldn't tell you a damn thing about the story.

FF9 was the most entertained I was by the story and characters but I could never play it again thanks to how slow the battles can be.

FF10 I enjoyed a lot more then I thought I would.

Haven't played enough of 7 or 8 to really comment.

FF6 we all know how good it is.

I had the most fun playing FF12 but couldn't tell you a damn thing about the story.

FF9 was the most entertained I was by the story and characters but I could never play it again thanks to how slow the battles can be.

FF10 I enjoyed a lot more then I thought I would.

Haven't played enough of 7 or 8 to really comment.

FF6 we all know how good it is.

That was one of the best parts :/

I don't really like 7 as much as everyone else. I haven't played 8 or 9 (about 2 hours each), 10 was ok. 6 is the best. 13 was boring.

Jarnet87

There was a lot of depth to the Gambit system but I never needed it to be any more detailed then heal, attack, cast spells.I cruised through XII in around 40+ hours. It's my least favorite FF game I have played because it's just so forgettable, so mundane, so mediocre. The story is meh, Balthier is the only decent character, the combat is okay but not great, the license board ends up being very similar for everyone from what I remember. There isn't a memorable boss in the game, the summons are useless. I can't pick out a single song from the game that is memorable.

All I remember about the game is there are people called judges, and you play as a young boy who likes to wear a very revealing vest, and he thinks he is a pirate.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I don't really like 7 as much as everyone else. I haven't played 8 or 9 (about 2 hours each), 10 was ok. 6 is the best. 13 was boring.

The story in 12 was godawful.

If they just made that entire game nothing but hunts it would be a top 10 game of my life.

XII was fine but it was a really slow game, like slower than IX. Wanted to play the IZJS version since it has the speed up button, but it never came to the States. Hope the remaster brings it over here since I'd definitely give it another chance and I'd probably like it a lot more.

7 is about as average an RPG as you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom