• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Story behind the punch that broke Geno Smith's jaw in two places:
At the heart of the dispute between former Jets LB IK Enemkpali and quarterback Geno Smith is $600 that Enemkpali believed Smith owed him, per league sources. Enemkpali purchased a plane ticket for Smith to attend his July 11 football camp at Pfugerville High School in Pfugerville, Texas. However, days before the camp, a person close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith did not attend Enemkpali’s camp, per sources. After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets’ quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase a plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he did not. Enkempali confronted Smith today about the money and the confrontation ended in a punch and broken jaw.

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1002847749767866

an Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4h4 hours ago
On Oakland, exec Eric Grubman says there “has been no viable proposal” made to #Raiders from the city. Ouch.

I just can't see any way the Raiders stay in Oakland

Line_HTX

Statistically yes. Just depends on whether the voters will take his shenanigans into account.

It's really unfair. That's my team! That's my quarterback! When you guys do that, man, it's unfair. WE LOST AS A TEAM.

you're dumb as a hillbilly fucking his sister wife without a condom sorry. youve never said anything intelligent. stay to your dolls and anime

Are you the hillbilly, jak? :p And who's Hackenburg anyway?

Should deliver within the next hour finally!

Best of luck to you and your family and hope everything goes well! :)

Maybe I'm the texans curse..

Eeny Meenie curse.

Line_HTX

an Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4h4 hours ago
On Oakland, exec Eric Grubman says there “has been no viable proposal” made to #Raiders from the city. Ouch.

I just can't see any way the Raiders stay in Oakland

Chargers fans at least want the team to stay. Maybe it'll be better if Oakland goes to LA instead...

Don BanksVerified account
‏@DonBanks Needing to see more from their RBs, Browns have discussed signing Ray Rice, Mike Pettine told http://SI.Com . http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/08/11/ray-rice-cleveland-browns-mike-pettine-wilbert-montgomery …

Oh Browns.

Can't be overshadowed by all this Jets nonsense can you?
hTn7n3l.gif

It's a lie, shut your whore mouths

cajunator

Banned
Let's say for the sake of argument:

I say the characters you like are shit and you have shit tastes.

And then you react like I'm some bully...
image.php

Pretty much what wienke said. While there are people have have legit PTSD, the big problem is too many people think that if they get offended in any way, words or phrases need to be immediately banned. Those people are ones that need to be coddled and believe that being offended is dangerous to their health. It's kind of the reason why some comedians say they no longer speak at colleges because of too much PC. Essentially,
it's the world of ShimoSeka where coarse language doesn't exist.

Megumi is cool and derpy, but Erina-sama is SO PERFECT and Godo Dayum, Ikumi is the best meat worthy of Meat Master title!

Using my avatar is really adorable :D

What's the side you go for at Popeyes? I love their cajun rice, personally.

red beans and rice or green beans

More Raiders/Chargers to L.A. stuff:

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 1h1 hour ago
#Raiders owner Mark Davis on whether Oakland can still work for his team: "I don't know." Said presentation for Carson plan went great.

Vincent Bonsignore @DailyNewsVinny
Policy also said #Raiders #Chargers owners Mark Davis & Dean Spanos fully committed to L.A. Been that way for awhile. Not good 4 SD/Oakland

St. Louis and San Diego want to keep their teams, and Oakland has done nothing but drag their feet. Davis doesn't have the money to do anything by himself though

RBH

RBH

s.raiders.0811-e1439267744330.jpg

Carmen Policy, the former San Francisco 49ers executive who is quarterbacking the efforts of the San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders for their joint prospective Los Angeles venture, said that both teams are all systems go for relocation.

"The Chargers and Raiders are committed to Los Angeles," said Policy, who finished his presentation with NFL owners at the Hyatt Regency on Tuesday about the status of the proposed Carson stadium project.

Policy said the stadium would be "shovel-ready" upon the project being green-lit and that the 2019 season would be the first realistic season the two teams would be able to play in a shared venue.

"We've heard people saying they could do 2018," Policy said, perhaps in a veiled shot at the rival proposal in Ingelwood for the St. Louis Rams, "but that just wouldn't be realistic. We'd be ready for 2019."

Policy has nothing to do with the Rams and their possible move to Los Angeles. Asked about the other proposal, Policy made a humorous quip at the former NFC West rival team.

"I'm trying to pretend the Rams don't exist," Policy said with a smile, making it clear he was kidding.

Policy added that a league vote on relocation would not happen in as early as October, as some have predicted, but very well could occur in January — and most definitely, he said, "before the Super Bowl," which will be played on Feb. 7, 2016.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...s-are-committed-to-los-angeles-171054128.html

eznark

Banned
Smith deserved to get punched in the mouth but that guy needs to know better. Should've had a small guy do it. If his jaw isn't broken this is never a story.

cajunator

Banned

RBH

* The city of St. Louis is willing to bend duly enacted laws to keep the Rams, who don’t want to stay.

* The city of San Diego is willing to come close to doing the same to keep the Chargers, who also don’t want to stay.

* The city of Oakland is pretty well skint and couldn’t do anything for the Raiders even if it wanted to, and Alameda County is so eager to provide support that it wants to sell its piece of the Coliseum to get out of business of being strong-armed entirely.

* The NFL would prefer not to be sued, and given their legal and investigative skills in any matters not directly linked to player suppression, that’s a wise plan.

* The NFL would very much like to be back in Los Angeles, and if it had to rank potential transplants in terms if desirability, it would go Rams, then Chargers, then Raiders.

* If the NFL had to put two teams there, it would probably prefer the Rams and Chargers, but since those teams are in the cities most amenable to knuckling under to their football teams, the league’s other owners would probably prefer not to punish cities that roll over for them.

* In addition, the Rams would prefer to work alone, the Chargers don’t want to be a tenant to the Rams either in word, deed or shoe-squeezing, but wouldn’t mind playing the Rams’ role with the Raiders as the tenant who lives in the back of the flat.

So if you’re looking for news from the owners’ meetings, it is this: Oakland is not a player in this debate because Oakland doesn’t have money to misappropriate on a football team it has already misappropriated money on two decades ago.
That means that the Raiders can only throw themselves on the “mercy” of The Other 31, and yes, we use “mercy” in the strongest possible quote marks. Without a city to silver-and-blackjack into economic submission, the Raiders’ only leverage is that it is the weakest franchise in the league and as such is as close as the league comes to having a beggar in its midst.

So maybe there’s one last question to be determined – how much longer will the NFL tolerate the Raiders as a corporate entry being like the Raiders on the field? And no, that problem is not something Jack Del Rio or Derek Carr or Charles Woodson can impact.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/seven-things-we-now-know-after-nfl-owners-meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom