• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
hTn7n3l.gif

It's a lie, shut your whore mouths

Fear not BG!

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ
#Browns owner Dee Haslam is on nine-member conduct committee formed by #NFL in aftermath of Ray Rice debacle. Can't see her welcoming Rice.

RBH

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport is in the Chicago area this week for the special NFL owners meeting on Los Angeles relocation. He joined The Ryan Kelley Morning After to discuss the meetings and how it could impact the future of the St. Louis Rams.

Q: What's going on there?

A: "Actually, it's going to start with the Carson project from the Raiders and Chargers (and then the Rams will present the Inglewood project to the owners). Just going to show the vision...put it in the heads in the owners and allow them to imagine it...that there's a strong future of football in Los Angeles. Here's what it's going to look like, here's what it would entail, here's what it would cost. They'll also talk about a potential relocation fee, a potential season-ticket holder base."

Q: Do you think the Inglewood project is further along than Carson?

A: "Yeah. I think the Carson project has a lot of nice words and they're going in the right direction. The Inglewood project, they could start shoveling today. If they needed to, they could start building. That's a huge deal."

Q: Do you see a scenario in which the Chargers and Rams partner?

A: "I would think if it comes to that, it would be on the table. Part of the problem is no one really knows what the Chargers want. (Owner) Dean Spanos is the ultimate wild card. He's kept it open and forced all of us...just to guess. It would sort of leave the Raiders on the outside looking in. Then, even if the Rams leave, (the Raiders would) then be a potentially viable option as a replacement in St. Louis."

Q: On the owners vote and Kroenke's plan:

A: "I would have a hard time imaging the owners saying, 'Well this great stadium, these great plans, we're just going to go with the Chargers and Raiders instead.' I think the Raiders will end up some place great. But the sense I get is they're not exactly on the front-burner of problems the owners want to solve."

Q: How do you think it's all going to turn out?

A: "I just don't know. The city of St. Louis is such a problem because they're further along than the other cities and their stadium is viable and would work. I don't know. The Inglewood project is so good and so advanced, how do they ignore that? The Rams have the best project. The city of St. Louis has done the best of all the home markets as well. How do you reconcile that?"
http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...ort-Discusses-Todays-NFL-Owners-Meetings.aspx
http://www.rams-news.com/nfl-networks-ian-rapoport-discusses-todays-nfl-owners-meetings-audio/

bionic77

How many accurate and clutch fat people do you know?
I actually know a fat guy who is pretty damn good at basketball and even better at golf. Dude is mad clutch at putting.

It's impossible to guard him in the post. He has muscle under his fat though.

Most fat people I know can't even admit they are fat because they eat like pigs. It is always some hormonal problem or other shit. But the cure is always that stomach surgery and never exercise (which apparently never works).

That said I know some really successful fat people.

Goddamn, I was only gone 5 hours and the whole league and thread are on fire

Also http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-cleveland-browns-1723346122

Honestly, it’s getting very difficult to hone in on exactly why they suck, because they have managed become a giant ball of disasters and fuck ups that keeps rolling downhill, picking up new disasters and fuck ups without ever resolving the old ones.

I spent a month doing volunteer work in South Sudan. During this time period I was exposed to tuberculosis, resulting in my being put on a prophylactic 9-month antibiotic regimen upon my return stateside. Over the remaining 7 months I am not permitted to drink, meaning I am going to have to survive this Browns season while remaining perfectly sober. I’d rather be back in South Sudan.

Remember two years ago, when the Indians were playoff-bound for the first time in years and no one fucking showed up, because everyone was too busy bitching about the expense of a baseball game even though you can buy bleacher tickets for 10 bucks and a beer for 4 and the Indians were actually putting an entertaining product on the field? Then came the fall and everyone in the city was off to spend roughly ten thousand dollars apiece to watch the Browns lose 32-28 to the Jacksonville fucking Jaguars? Remember when Kellen Winslow held out for roughly infinity dollars, got it, then promptly upended his douchey motorcycle doing donuts in a parking lot, was hurt for a while, then got staph, and it was like two years before he played and was kinda mediocre?

Remember when that one guy got hit in the eye by a referee’s flag and never played again?

Remember when that other guy cost them a game (against the Chiefs in the mid-aughts, I think) because he threw his helmet in the air after a successful stop and the penalty yardage let the Chiefs hit a field goal?

Remember when they forfeited a game because their jackass fans threw bottles all over the field?

Remember when Derek Goddamn Anderson had the season of his life and they still missed the playoffs because they lost to the Bengals and the shitty-ass Titans?

Remember when Braylon Edwards hurt his foot because he was running sprints in his socks and someone stepped on it?

Remember when Donte Stallworth KILLED THAT GUY???

Remember when we lost to the Jets, and some upstanding example of Cleveland manhood fucking tackled a 10 year old in a Jets jersey afterwards?

Remember when [a serious of strangled sobs and moans that sounds kinda like “Johnny Football”]

I remember all this because for 8 long, miserable fucking years I sold hot dogs and beer at the taxpayer-funded hellhole the Browns call home, and dealing with the “people” that attend those games remains one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life.

Although I did once get to watch a cop piledrive this drunk piece of shit who had stolen a bunch of beer out of my cart. That was pretty cool.

A few Fridays before Christmas, my company unceremoniously fired a co-worker who repeatedly walked off the job early to get drunk. He didn’t take the termination well, so we were told twice not to let him back into the building and to phone the police if he was spotted near the office. That weekend, the Browns lost a heartbreaking game to the Colts, a game they led for most of it only to see it slip away at the very end.

That Monday, the fired co-worker sent a text to me offering his heartfelt sympathy for the Browns loss. I couldn’t fucking believe what I was reading. Here was a guy with substance abuse issues, two children at home and no job right before Christmas, offering condolences that the Browns lost a tough game. It got me to think that if he ever went postal, I might be spared because of my pathetic loyalty for the Browns. Being a Browns fan might actually pay off for once!

I was at the Browns/Bengals game (Johnny’s 1st Start) and the crowd went through all five stages of grief in one four hour game. Johnny could have blown up the stadium Bane-style and it would have been more uplifting than that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom