• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Or for the Colts and Pats when the other three division teams are joke organizations so they get 5-6 free wins a year

Take the Pats out of the division and the AFC East teams have the the 2nd highest winning percentage of all divisions for about a decade. Even the shittiest team in the division the Bills have higher winning percentage then the other shittiest teams in all divisions over that time. Shockingly the NFC West is last in both. Shockingly they have the Rams.

bionic77

Jabee is a man of honor.

RBH is the kind of doctor that would shake your hand immediately after checking someones prostrate (without gloves) but intentionally not washing his hands.

Hilarious to see all the infidels, uninformed fools, and Patriots fans hate on JABEE in the OT for just preaching the gospel.

Shame to see that free speech has been discouraged on GAF.

Jabee is a man of honor.

RBH is the kind of doctor that would shake your hand immediately after checking someones prostrate (without gloves) but intentionally not washing his hands.

You wouldn't want him checking your prostrate, that's for sure

I guess you could say having RBH as your doctor would be a con
v7xl7M3.gif
:rbh

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Fucking BOB
Just watched the episode.
Never watched hard knocks before, this was great.

Also keep thinking JJ watt is putting on a show all you want. He has carefully crafted and controls his public image, of course, beyond that he does the same stuff whether there's cameras on him or not.

Going to be great when Tammy and Peyton are gone, and Luck wins 5 Superbowls
with a more deserving franchise.

Aint that the truth. of all the spoiled fanbases and franchises that don't deserve Luck, its definitely the colts. Its so much about the luck of when you are bad or good, if Luck had come out one year earlier he would likely be a 49er and Harbs would still be the coach.

Just watched the episode.
Never watched hard knocks before, this was great.

Also keep thinking JJ watt is putting on a show all you want. He has carefully crafted and controls his public image, of course, beyond that he does the same stuff whether there's cameras on him or not.

Aint that the truth. of all the spoiled fanbases and franchises that don't deserve Luck, its definitely the colts. Its so much about the luck of when you are bad or good, if Luck had come out one year earlier he would likely be a 49er and Harbs would still be the coach.

And you just know when he's gone, within 2 years they'll have another franchise QB

I hope Garret ain't fucking with us about a Deadwood movie being discussed

Between AFC East being the AFC East, the possibility that Brady doesn't get justice and is unsuspended, and people liking Trump, my heart can't take more sadness this year

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So for the baseball fans in here the Blue Jays are now first place in the AL East and on a hot streak.

We all know how this usually ends for me when it comes to my teams. So you have the opportunity now to guess how I will be heartbroken.

rando14

So for the baseball fans in here the Blue Jays are now first place in the AL East and on a hot streak.

We all know how this usually ends for me when it comes to my teams. So you have the opportunity now to guess how I will be heartbroken.

*ahem

I believe you owe me a debt of gratitude for bequeathing unto you, a Mr. Justin Smoak!!

Line_HTX

A lot can happen in September. Just ask the Red Sox and their historic lead.

One never truly leaves the shame circle

cajunator

Banned
Actually, losing that Super Bowl taught them they need a big nasty D to win it all. Since 2014 they have worked very hard to make a big, nasty, aggressive and brutal D like the Seahawks.

This seems like a big year to see if that goal all comes together.

Pats needed a good defense to win too. Brady would be useless otherwise.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
This post isn't even inflammatory. It's pretty tame and pretty much on the money. The people in that thread have their heads so far up each others echo chambers, they can't recognize it as such.
That post is stupid, it ignores the fact that when other teams got caught jacking their balls they were fined 25k.

Love how you guys hate gooddell and think he sucks, but this time he got it right. Yea, sure. Dude is a clown, and I ain't no patriots fan or apologist.

That post is stupid, it ignores the fact that when other teams got caught jacking their balls they were fined 25k.

Love how you guys hate gooddell and think he sucks, but this time he got it right. Yea, sure. Dude is a clown, and I ain't no patriots fan or apologist.

Other teams were caught inflating during a playoff game? That's news. Please alert the media to this stunning development

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions training camp observations: Stock up/down edition

Stock Up

George Winn - Earlier in camp, I mentioned that the battle for the fourth running back spot was neck-and-neck between Winn and Zach Zenner. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Winn has put together a couple of nice performances in practice and is the obvious frontrunner as a special teams contributor as well.

Michael Burton - Burton is the real deal, guys. The projected starting fullback is having a great camp so far, especially over the past few practices. On Monday, I was able to watch the linebackers and running backs go up against each other in 1-on-1 drills, and I have to say that Burton was easily the most impressive of the group. On his first two reps he absolutely stonewalled DeAndre Levy and Stephen Tulloch, before finally letting Levy get by (we'll let it slide) on the last rep. On top of that, Burton also made a beautiful diving grab in 11-on-11s on Monday.

Andrew Peacock - The most impressive performance during last Saturday's scrimmage may have belonged to Peacock. He was working with Dan Orlovsky and Kellen Moore for most of his reps, which means he caught a ton of passes away from his body (and looked good doing it). Monday's practice wasn't as great for him. He had two drops while working on comeback routes without the defense. Peacock is a guy who I think has a real shot at making the roster as a slot receiver, so make sure you keep an eye out for him during the preseason.

TJ Jones - There really isn't a whole lot you can say negatively about Jones so far. He hasn't had any great days or any terrible days, but he's been consistently good. I'm really looking forward to seeing if he can continue to look solid in some actual preseason games.

Eric Ebron - Ebron has made it a point to avoid the media and focus on football, and I can't say that I blame him. It really seems to be paying off for him as well, because he's been causing a ton of mismatches throughout camp and looks poised for a breakout season. Keep your fingers crossed, Lions fans.

Laken Tomlinson - It's never easy for a rookie O-lineman to win a starting job, no matter what the situation. Manny Ramirez has been given most of the reps as the starting left guard, but Tomlinson has looked great when given the chance. During Monday's practice, both Tomlinson and Ramirez started with the first-team offense, with Ramirez playing center. It's only a matter of time before Tomlinson wins the starting LG job.

Caraun Reid - Reid has made a huge leap since his rookie year. Not only is he impressing on the field, but he even looks stronger and healthier. Tyrunn Walker is expected to be the starter alongside Haloti Ngata, but Reid has a real shot at taking snaps away from Walker if he continues to impress.

Devin Taylor - The lack of depth at the defensive end position has brought a lot of cause for concern throughout the offseason, especially with Jason Jones on the PUP list. Some of the bright spots during camp have been Taylor, Darryl Tapp and Phillip Hunt. Taylor, coming off of a disappointing sophomore year, had a great first week of camp and has been abusing almost every O-lineman they put in front of him.

Kyle Van Noy - There were high expectations for KVN last year before dealing with the injury bug. Now that he's fully healed, KVN is becoming noticeably better each and every day. The biggest area of improvement he's had is his ability to drop back and play coverage. Just from the past two practices alone I've seen three separate plays where KVN stuck with his assignment and broke up the pass.

KVN is going to have a tough time beating Tahir Whitehead for the starting SAM job, but at the very least we know that the Lions are four-deep at LB. I can't remember the last time they had this much depth at a position.

Darius Slay - What a stud.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/...ining-camp-observations-stock-up-down-edition

I think the Lions finally have our own John Kuhn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom