• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
Yes.

Tech question for you nerds.

If Brady or someone did all of their texting with Whatsapp is there any way to get those messages other than getting someones phone? Obviously if you text through Verizon or whoever they can retrieve the messages but can they do it via Whatsapp or other encrypted message services (I think iMessage is encrypted to)?

Short answer, no. Long answer, maybe? I'm sure WhatsApp keeps some kind of audit log on their end, but how extensive and for how long, I have no idea. There's also the fact that service providers install software on phones that log basically all activity, but that would be tough to get to and extrapolate anything from.

bionic77

Only if it's logged somewhere and if it is chances are those logs are erased after awhile. If encrypted then that will make things a lot more difficult or just not even possible for now.
I don't know about Apple but WhatsApp doesn't keep logs if I remember or understood what I read before.

squicken

Is it on all the time?

I didn't even know RZ showed anything other than when the games were being broadcast.

On Uverse the channel just runs a static screen with the reminder that it is free all preseason, but they only do maybe 5 nights during the preseason

during the regular season I can always tune into it but the static screen says not available until Sunday

Hilton's contract seems a bit expensive.

Eh, as an extension, kinda becomes a 6 year, 65 mil contract, so around 10.8 a year. That puts him below the likes of Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Larry Fitzgerald, and Jeremy Maclin. I'd say it's a win-win.

Just glad the "Texan's Killer" will be around for awhile! Now onward to Anthony "Dhalsim" Castanzo.

Bowser

HOLY SHIT! I just realized the Panthers/Dolphins practices are happening in Spartanburg, SC which is 30 minutes from the city I'm about to move to! This is my chance to get my daughter a football autographed by Tannehill, ensuring her Dolphins fandom for life!

Do it. I went to Spartanburg several years ago (5+ now) for camp, going to Wofford is a lot of fun. It's like going back in time to old-timey training camps.

squicken

Pettine sucks. Why wasn't he held accountable for Hoyer being trash?

2. Johnny Manziel is being held more accountable in year two, on and off the field. “What we did not do a good enough job here [last year], not nearly a good enough job, is holding him accountable, even when he wasn’t the guy,” Pettine said. “That’s the main reason why I made the switch at the QB coach position.” Pettine fired Dowell Loggains and replaced him with Kevin O’Connell, the 30-year-old who worked with Manziel pre-draft and was a backup quarterback for the Jets when Pettine was coaching there. After a rocky rookie season and an offseason stint in rehab, Manziel’s mental focus and energy have improved significantly, Pettine said. An example: He rarely gets a question wrong in meetings. “The times when he is frustrated are when he wants something to be right and it’s not done right,” Pettine said. "He’s a work in progress, but the will is definitely there. I think he realized he let a lot of people down, and he wants to make amends for it.”

As for the deacon quoting the CBA argument, the rulebook specifically states that any player or team caught tampering with equipment, specifically footballs, its a punishable by a fine of up to 25k. So how do you go from 25k fine to 4 game suspension?

Goodell implemented new defenseless receiver protocols after the season had already started, used James Harrison as an example, then proceeded to fine him for the freshly made rules. Did you cry for Goodell abusing his power then?

bionic77

What in the fuck.

My cable provider shows the Jets on CBS?

This is disgusting. What do you guys suggest? Should I get the Steelers package via the cable provider or online via the NFL?

Malalaw

I upgraded my charter to the cable package just for football. Got the SEC Network and NFL and all the ESPNs and I need to check if I have multiple CBS so my girl can try to catch Texans games as well.

He's doing great! Gotta bring him to an eye doctor though, having a lil trouble with one of them. So that's gonna be a fun trip to Lafayette.

HOLY SHIT! I just realized the Panthers/Dolphins practices are happening in Spartanburg, SC which is 30 minutes from the city I'm about to move to! This is my chance to get my daughter a football autographed by Tannehill, ensuring her Dolphins fandom for life!

Do it!!!

Let's go Dolphins!

NFL-cheerleader-GIFs-hot-blonde-dolphins-cheerleaders.gif

I like you friend,

Striker

Eh, as an extension, kinda becomes a 6 year, 65 mil contract, so around 10.8 a year. That puts him below the likes of Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Larry Fitzgerald, and Jeremy Maclin. I'd say it's a win-win.

Just glad the "Texan's Killer" will be around for awhile! Now onward to Anthony "Dhalsim" Castanzo.
Giants got Cruz for $5 yr., $43M with $15.6M guaranteed. Kind of a bargain at this rate compared to what guys are getting now.

bionic77

Happy birthday ActStriker.

I am going to post the best birthday song (a little trivia for you racists in New England, this is the song that most black people sing for Happy Birthday).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwscb3QIVSg

In other news, 5 minutes of internet research shows that I might be fucked in terms of watching the Steelers. Going to buy an HD antenna and see if I can get a CBS station that shows the Steelers.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
You think no one knew that there were inflation requirements for the balls?

What the fuck?

not "no one" but yes, a lot of people never heard of this rule, including former players turned radio hosts and radio hosts that regularly cover football. I've watched football my entire life and I didn't know it was a rule.

captive

Considering he said that there are "multiple reports and fines for other teams and players admitting to changing the footballs outside the rules" he clearly disagree with himself. And all in one sentence!
You're such an ass. Those reports came out after deflate gate as people found them and or talked about them. Yes, literally no one knowing of the rule is factually incorrect.

David Carr admitted to requesting the balls be underinflated, where's the outrage? Cheating is ok as long as you don't win and cheat?

Goodell implemented new defenseless receiver protocols after the season had already started, used James Harrison as an example, then proceeded to fine him for the freshly made rules. Did you cry for Goodell abusing his power then?

I'm not sure. One cannot build up to a major annoyance with someone? It has to be all or nothing?

ShaneB

Shane because I know your thirst is unquenchable...who is the blonde on NFL Total Access?

eh? Blonde on Total Access? Well Amber Theoharis is the regular host,and she is indeed blonde, but she is also pregnant right now.. but if you were talking about her, you would've probably said who is the pregnant woman...and she is a decent looking woman, but nothing post worthy.

Drawing a blank, was it just someone reporting on location? Stacey Dales maybe? Beats me, could be any one of em!

edit: Maybe you mean NFL AM which seems to have finally come back.. in that case, I'm very confused.

eznark

Banned
You're such an ass. Those reports came out after deflate gate as people found them and or talked about them. Yes, literally no one knowing of the rule is factually incorrect.

David Carr admitted to requesting the balls be underinflated, where's the outrage? Cheating is ok as long as you don't win and cheat?

What do you propose the league does to David Carr? Suspend him from his job at McDonald's?

captive

What do you propose the league does to David Carr? Suspend him from his job at McDonald's?

he should be forced to be the Packers starter, since Packer fan, namely you, think Fraudgers sucks so much. I mean after all Gooddel has the power to do anything and everything right?

Line_HTX

Good morning! IT'S GAMEDAY, YOU FUCKING BITCHES!!

*huggles Line

20150812_texanstrainingcamp_btc_46.jpg

Cajun wants to become a twintail.

Thanks friends!

Happy birthday, ActStriker! May I ask what kind of food are you going to stuff your face in? And please take pics of them. ;P

I upgraded my charter to the cable package just for football. Got the SEC Network and NFL and all the ESPNs and I need to check if I have multiple CBS so my girl can try to catch Texans games as well.

He's doing great! Gotta bring him to an eye doctor though, having a lil trouble with one of them. So that's gonna be a fun trip to Lafayette.

Hey! I hope he's doing very well, and congrats again!

NFLN will have Packers/Pats and Cowboys/Chargers. I don't know if there will be any other coverage on different channels... Maybe FOX Sports 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom