• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Saints seem to have phenomenal difficulty fielding an even slightly competent defense.
Like even a top 15 defense could get us into the playoffs, and we cant even manage that most years.
Thats coaching. Payton is very stubborn and sticks too long with bad defense coaches. If only offense was necessary we would go far into the playoffs every year. But you cant win scoring 30 if opponent scores 31.

I like how y'all have more often than not a bad defense, and we have more often than not a bad offense. I agree, it's definitely the coaching. I'm so glad BoB is here, but I'm cautiously optimistically bummed on the offense.

Yep that shit is the best. Though I will put Dominos, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut above the abomination that is California Pizza Kitchen.

Damn, I guess I got lucky with a decent California Pizza Kitchen here in Houston.

jmdajr

I like how y'all have more often than not a bad defense, and we have more often than not a bad offense. I agree, it's definitely the coaching. I'm so glad BoB is here, but I'm cautiously optimistically bummed on the offense.

Maybe our TEs will actually catch passes this year.

cajunator

Banned

Damn, I guess I got lucky with a decent California Pizza Kitchen here in Houston.

Its telling in that we can basically put anybody in the offensive lineup and get production out of them, then they go off to other places and totally fail. Robert Mechem is a good example. Never was a stellar player but he was a solid roleplayer when needed here and then he went to San Diego and disappeared, then came back here and went on producing.
Lance disappeared on the Steelers too and Im not sure how he will do with the Lions. they have some of our former coaches so maybe he will fit there.
We also used Devery Henderson as a #2 WR and it actually worked!

But defense? Oh god its like kryptonite.
Didnt used to be that way in the Dome Patrol days but that magic is gone.
At least we can score points.

Yeah, I think Broyles may be done, especially with the potential emergence of Greg Salas last night. If Greg Salas has another game or two like that in preseason he could potentially make the cut. But we're already stacked at WR with Megatron, Golden Tate, Lance Moore, Corey Fuller, TJ Jones, Eric Ebron.

*Phew* This offense will be something to behold.

And I don't even know where that leaves Jeremy Ross. I'm not sure I feel comfortable with Abdullah returning kick offs. To much of an injury risk IMO, not worth it for two TD returns throughout the season when this offense will be dropping 30 points a game.

Dunno what to think about Salas. Apparently he hasn't stood out much at all in training camp. Obvious a game situation is perhaps more insightful but I doubt he'll make the team unless he really starts lighting it up consistently.

I really like Broyles and frankly still don't understand why he didn't at least get snaps last year for short yardage plays/third downs. If Moore makes the team that's pretty much going to be his role. Yet last year Caldwell made it sound like Broyles couldn't get time because him and Tate play the same role, and Tate is obvious better. Whatever. I keep saying it but just watch, Broyles will go somewhere like New England or Green Bay and be a breakout player. Write it down.

I'm guessing: Megatron, Tate, Fuller, More, Jones (assuming he beats out Ross for kick return job)...dunno who the 5th will be. I hope it's Broyles but damn I dunno...

edit: I agree, the Lions shouldn't use Abdullah on kick or punt returns. Don't risk it.

TheFatOne

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 6m6 minutes ago
Had a conversation with a scout this morning who had high praise for Malcolm Butler (not Patriots).. lots of hype..

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 8m8 minutes ago
He basically said Butler is the best UDFA CB to enter the league since Chris Harris and has has legit #1 CB potential.

The hype is real. Also,

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 4m4 minutes ago
He also told me that teams are keeping an eye on Jonas Gray, he's highly thought of and if #Patriots cut him he'd get picked up quick

Line_HTX

20150813_texanstrainingcamp_btc_20.jpg

Shotgunning inside the bubble.

20150813_texanstrainingcamp_btc_30.jpg

Nice to see Chris Myers again.

20150813_texanstrainingcamp_btc_38.jpg

Mallet reaching to pass deflect on Watt. So... shameless.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
We love hearing about your love life.

At least your dating adventures are interesting... :Jnc

Well this thread has been here through the end of my marriage, a divorce, and reentering the world of dating so....yeah. It's like y'all are in the know anyway.

Interesting i thought you were African American all my years i guess im learning all kinds of facts about you today

Another victim of people assuming that they're the same color as their avatars.

I wonder if I keep Reggie long enough, will people think I'm black?

jakncoke

Banned
Well this thread has been here through the end of my marriage, a divorce, and reentering the world of dating so....yeah. It's like y'all are in the know anyway.

Another victim of people assuming that they're the same color as their avatars.

I wonder if I keep Reggie long enough, will people think I'm black?

Not true cam was their 1st black qb since like rodney peete that wasnt me

RBH

Tonight is a very special night, as NFL-GAF's favorite team, your Atlanta Falcons, will be in action and on national TV!

GcFP31W.png

ryanweb27s-1-web.jpg

gladtomeetya.gif

So I'm in the hospital, went to ER for chest pain and arm pain, everything looks good so far, no heart attack and early lab looks good. Gonna take xrays right now might just be infection I guess

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
name someone else then!

edit; WAITING!

wienke is a fraud attorney

edit matt moore once went 5-10 35 yards and 2 int

fuck you, the panthers aren't even that old

the fuck arent you a texans fan?

Dega is another squicken

So I'm in the hospital, went to ER for chest pain and arm pain, everything looks good so far, no heart attack and early lab looks good. Gonna take xrays right now might just be infection I guess

Glad to hear you're okay! Just stay away from ass pics for a while.

jakncoke

Banned

No expert but ima guess you need to go back to chris.trejo and post like a 16 yo pervert again. My opinion no doctorate though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom