• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I bet SNES says SNES as one word like those goofy ass euros.
I always read it or say it as SNES one word, like what kind of mook actually says S.N.E.S and spells it out?

Kid who did the BOB impersonation.

So Rick Smith turned an UDFA TE into a 6th round pick.
not bad. Maybe the Bears need more jokes.

I hope they sign grigson long term and fire pagano.

Pejo

So I didn't want to start a thread for this, and figured you guys have probably done something similar, so I was looking for a little advice. I'm starting a head-to-head pick'em league at my work this season, and i'm trying to get a rules sheet typed up. I can't, for the life of me, figure out a good metric to use for tie breaks though. It won't matter really during the first 14 weeks, but the last 3 are going to be "playoffs". The best idea I've come up with is picking the total score on whoever the 49ers are playing (I'm in the SF bay area, that's why the 49ers). Closest without going over would win. So if the game is like 17-10, 27 would be the correct guess.

To be clear, most of the people I work with are not familiar with the NFL outside of their favorite/local teams. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So I didn't want to start a thread for this, and figured you guys have probably done something similar, so I was looking for a little advice. I'm starting a head-to-head pick'em league at my work this season, and i'm trying to get a rules sheet typed up. I can't, for the life of me, figure out a good metric to use for tie breaks though. It won't matter really during the first 14 weeks, but the last 3 are going to be "playoffs". The best idea I've come up with is picking the total score on whoever the 49ers are playing (I'm in the SF bay area, that's why the 49ers). Closest without going over would win. So if the game is like 17-10, 27 would be the correct guess.

To be clear, most of the people I work with are not familiar with the NFL outside of their favorite/local teams. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Do what yahoo does and have people select who will score the most/least points that week and in case you still have a tie have them pick the score for the Monday night game, whoever gets the closest score wins.

Season almost near and feels like a team rollcall is needed. Also DM Bring it week 1!!

Did you still want to sign up for fantasy? I still have that final slot open.

MechDX

Hope Coach Pagano stays a very long time.
!

tumblr_m33st38Ewp1qhzhxao1_500.gif

captive

I feel Pagano would have got fired last season were it not for the cancer buffer.
why? What could you possibly hope for? They made it to the AFC championship game.

I think Pagano and Luck are the only reasons the colts are good. Grigson is continually screwing the pooch.

rando14

why? What could you possibly hope for? They made it to the AFC championship game.

I think Pagano and Luck are the only reasons the colts are good. Grigson is continually screwing the pooch.

Colts probably should have let Pagano go and keep Arians (who is such a better coach its not even funny)

But Deacon's right, the cancer story ensured Pagano had his job for at least another year or two. Would have been a PR nightmare to replace him with Arians

MechDX

Remove Pagano and leave Luck and you are correct. Other than getting Luck they really haven't done much correct or with any success.

As a Texan that is infuriating.

captive

Colts probably should have let Pagano go and keep Arians (who is such a better coach its not even funny)

But Deacon's right, the cancer story ensured Pagano had his job for at least another year or two. Would have been a PR nightmare to replace him with Arians
I don't disagree that Arians may be a better coach, but since Pagano's been back what exactly has he done to warrant being fired?

Remove Pagano and leave Luck and you are correct. Other than getting Luck they really haven't done much correct or with any success.

As a Texan that is infuriating.

yea it is. The colts are like the least deserving franchise ever.

Line_HTX

I hope Troy Aikman gets a pie in the face for the prediction of who's coming out of the AFC.

They only got lucky inching closer each round each year. They will NOT advance.

They got blown off the field in the AFC Championship game. Blame had to be pointed somewhere, and Grigson still has shine from drafting Luck. That goes straight to the coach. It is a power struggle that Pagano just isn't going to win. Reading the narratives back then (aside from the deflategate rumblings) Irsay wanted blood, and it was surprising that someone wasn't fired.

It's also no coincidence that this article is coming out just before the season starts. Pagano either wins the Super Bowl or he's out. Mark my words.

Respect

I agree that Arians is a better coach than Pagano...and that they reason he wasn't fired was because he had just recovered from cancer. But I also wonder if in the back of their mind was Luck's health, Arians style was definitely going to put Luck in greater danger of injury going forward.

captive

They got blown off the field in the AFC Championship game. Blame had to be pointed somewhere, and Grigson still has shine from drafting Luck. That goes straight to the coach. It is a power struggle that Pagano just isn't going to win. Reading the narratives back then (aside from the deflategate rumblings) Irsay wanted blood, and it was surprising that someone wasn't fired.

It's also no coincidence that this article is coming out just before the season starts. Pagano either wins the Super Bowl or he's out. Mark my words.

well ok then. I hope he does get fired, I think he's a good coach, the problem is Grigson. But that makes me happy since its a division rival.

Getting blown off the field like that isn't just coaching, its a talent issue. Essentially they are back to the Peyton Manning era, Luck will dismantle mediocre and bad teams, but because he has fuck all around him for his offensive line and a bad defense they will lose to better coached teams with QBs that are on par or better than Luck.

MechDX

I agree that Arians is a better coach than Pagano...and that they reason he wasn't fired was because he had just recovered from cancer. But I also wonder if in the back of their mind was Luck's health, Arians style was definitely going to put Luck in greater danger of injury going forward.

Have you seen the Colts O line last year or this year ? Grigson will get him killed just as quick

well ok then. I hope he does get fired, I think he's a good coach, the problem is Grigson. But that makes me happy since its a division rival.

Getting blown off the field like that isn't just coaching, its a talent issue. Essentially they are back to the Peyton Manning era, Luck will dismantle mediocre and bad teams, but because he has fuck all around him for his offensive line and a bad defense they will lose to better coached teams with QBs that are on par or better than Luck.

I agree with you completely. Grigson is doubling down on a powerful offense and no defense, the same strategy that got the Colts blown off the field in the first place.

Grigson's day is coming, but Pagano is definitely taking that first bullet.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-denver-broncos-1727238512

The whole town is officially sick of Manning’s shit. This guy threw a scoreboard operator under the bus for the audacity of trying to make a football game fun. He refuses to take plays off during a blowout despite being made of particle board. The man choreographed a prank ON HIMSELF for crissakes. Fuck this guy and fuck me for thinking his humble perfectionist shtick was charming.

Peyton, for his part, has made it clear he will keep playing until vertebrae shoot out of his nostrils. I can’t wait to watch this record chasing dullard audible out of every called run for the next three years.

Our fans still talk about Tim Tebow like he’s the one that got away.
We’ve got a QB who’s past his prime and is as fragile as a paper kite.
They hold the record for most Super Bowl losses, and their closest margin of defeat in those losses is 17. SEVENTEEN. They have never lost a Super Bowl that’s been within two possessions.

Line_HTX

I agree with you completely. Grigson is doubling down on a powerful offense and no defense, the same strategy that got the Colts blown off the field in the first place.

Grigson's day is coming, but Pagano is definitely taking that first bullet.

Good... GOOD!

They're like the lowly Jets, get to the AFCC and never go back again. Heh heh heh...

Syrinx

If the Colts play the Pats in the playoffs again, they'll get rolled right out of the playoffs because Pagano still won't have figured out how to stop the Pats from running them to death.

And even if they don't, they still probably won't get to the Super Bowl; defense is just too shitty.

Tom Penny

Unfortunetly for me I do not believe the Pats can get to the SB and win with their secondary. One bad offensive game and it's a wrap.

Top Bottom