• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

bionic77

The fact that we are turning to DHB to be our number 2 or 3 wide receiver causes me some concern.

That bum ass bum couldn't catch when he was in his prime and now he doesn't have his athleticism anymore either.

Antonio and Bell are going to have to carry this motherfucker for the first 6 weeks.

Still hopeful that our defense will offset some of the big plays with some sacks and turnovers.

Can't wait!

Only one more week!

MechDX

1)Eagles
2)Pats
3)...Cowboys?

I suppose they could be up there being that there are so many bandwagon fans. It comes with the territory of being so popular and successful really.

You live in NY.......

Cowboy "fans" here in Texas are the douchiest of the douchey

Hindl

1)Eagles
2)Pats
3)...Cowboys?

I suppose they could be up there being that there are so many bandwagon fans. It comes with the territory of being so popular and successful really.

I grew up in NJ, so my problem with Cowboys fans is people that are fans there. If you're from Dallas I have less of an issue (although still hate you), but so many people just became fans during the Aikman years, and then swear up and down that they are Cowboys fans. But they don't know the first thing about the team, and stopped caring about them until last year, when they were suddenly good again. They utterly disgust me as the worst bandwagon fans, second maybe to only Phillies fans

Wait you live in NY? So how did you become a Cowboys fan

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
You live in NY.......

Cowboy "fans" here in Texas are the douchiest of the douchey

dallas fans in general are douchy. I hate that the rangers finally got good simply because out of fucking no where there's all these diehard life long rangers fans. Like where were you when the rangers sucked for their entire existence.

Hindl

dallas fans in general are douchy. I hate that the rangers finally got good simply because out of fucking no where there's all these diehard life long rangers fans. Like where were you when the rangers sucked for their entire existence.

Ugh this is exactly what happened in my area after the Phillies won in 08. Everyone loved them and were lifelongs. Stupid bitches instagraming their views in Citizen's Bank every spring, and bros shotgunning in the tailgates. And now they suck again and my social media feeds have gone silent again

I grew up in NJ, so my problem with Cowboys fans is people that are fans there. If you're from Dallas I have less of an issue (although still hate you), but so many people just became fans during the Aikman years, and then swear up and down that they are Cowboys fans. But they don't know the first thing about the team, and stopped caring about them until last year, when they were suddenly good again. They utterly disgust me as the worst bandwagon fans, second maybe to only Phillies fans

I am from North Texas (until 18), and because of my age I became a fan during the Concussed Aikman/Chad Hutchinson/Quincy Carter years, so I don't take shit from bandwagoning fans that phased out between Superbowls and Romo. Cowboys fans are like mayonaise spread thin around your entire body, while eagles and pats fans are largely a huge diarrhea shit right on your face.

I'll admit that I have lived a lot of different places and because of my living situations I was unable to follow the team very well between 2010-2013 (I briefly lived on a hippy compound, a bum sleeping outside in Cali, and middle of no-fuck alaska).

I largely like all the fans here including eagles fans, I just can't stand them booing injured players. I mean, cmon.

I have a few friends in fort worth. They told me that they only root for the Cowboys when they are winning. I replied "you know that's the definition of bandwagon right?" They replied with "so."

........ What do I even say to that?

cdyhybrid

I have a few friends in fort worth. They told me that they only root for the Cowboys when they are winning. I replied "you know that's the definition of bandwagon right?" They replied with "so."

........ What do I even say to that?

That's technically fairweather. Bandwagoners root for whichever team is doing well at the time, fairweather fans only root for one team but only pay attention when they're good.

I would say the best football fans in Texas get soaked up by College Football. NFL is a sideshow and that's why there are so many fairweathers.

That's technically fairweather. Bandwagoners root for whichever team is doing well at the time, fairweather fans only root for one team but only pay attention when they're good.

True... but still. With such a straight face and no emotions. Just caught me so off guard I almost didn't stop at the red light...

gutshot

Ugh this is exactly what happened in my area after the Phillies won in 08. Everyone loved them and were lifelongs. Stupid bitches instagraming their views in Citizen's Bank every spring, and bros shotgunning in the tailgates. And now they suck again and my social media feeds have gone silent again

I don't really consider it bandwagoning when you are from that city though. I mean, obviously there is going to be a lot more attention paid to the team when they are good and a lot less when they are bad. Doesn't mean those people who stop paying attention as much when they are bad are any less a fan of the team. They just don't have the time or energy or money to waste on a bad team that is going nowhere.

I am from North Texas (until 18), and because of my age I became a fan during the Concussed Aikman/Chad Hutchinson/Quincy Carter years, so I don't take shit from bandwagoning fans that phased out between Superbowls and Romo. Cowboys fans are like mayonaise spread thin around your entire body, while eagles and pats fans are largely a huge diarrhea shit right on your face.

I'll admit that I have lived a lot of different places and because of my living situations I was unable to follow the team very well between 2010-2013 (I briefly lived on a hippy compound, a bum sleeping outside in Cali, and middle of no-fuck alaska).

I largely like all the fans here including eagles fans, I just can't stand them booing injured players. I mean, cmon.

Eagles fans don't boo injuries. They cheer for them. Isn't that the stereotype?

Eagles fans do boo people who they perceive as laying on the field to slow down a hurry up tempo lately, but I don't necessarily think they are entirely in the wrong. It happens to the Patriots too at times. But no one booed at Victor Cruz, they cheered for him when he waved on his way off the field to show support.

I've been a Phillies fan since I was like 9 years old during the 1993 World Series when I first discovered the wonders of baseball. You couldn't pay me to watch a Phillies game this year.

I don't really consider it bandwagoning when you are from that city though. I mean, obviously there is going to be a lot more attention paid to the team when they are good and a lot less when they are bad. Doesn't mean those people who stop paying attention as much when they are bad are any less a fan of the team. They just don't have the time or energy or money to waste on a bad team that is going nowhere.

Oh you mean the Seattle Mariners?

Hindl

Alright fair enough, you at least seem like a reasonable Cowboys fan. And I don't really know about the Irvin injury nor do I care to defend it, it was a gross thing to do. Although I hate the NY Daily News for making it look like Eagles fans cheered for Cruz' injury last year, when we were cheering for the incomplete pass that would've been a touchdown.

Fairweather is probably the better term. But it's natural to tune out when your team isn't doing as well. I'm talking about people who barely knew the Phillies were a team that all of the sudden were lifelongs when they won. And they'd post about being diehard fans, except all of their posts would be about them partying about the game. Never any posts about the actual team, never any posts about winning or losing, or when players leave town. These are the people that just want to party, and put on the red and white for the first time in 08, and would post constantly during the next two seasons. Then the Phillies started sucking, and they wouldn't even bitch about the team. They just threw away their fandom and moved on with their lives.

captive

I would say the best football fans in Texas get soaked up by College Football. NFL is a sideshow and that's why there are so many fairweathers.

it has more to do with people moving here. There are a shit load of New Yorkers here, my wife is from new york. Same with people from California and Pittsburgh. So you have fans from all over and generally people pick the team they're dad roots for. We have fans from all successful teams.

I just started Friday Night Lights. Let see how stupid TX is about their HS football. Only on like episode 5 but I just remember Simmons always talking about this damn show.

MechDX

it has more to do with people moving here. There are a shit load of New Yorkers here, my wife is from new york. Same with people from California and Pittsburgh. So you have fans from all over and generally people pick the team they're dad roots for. We have fans from all successful teams.

Yep. Seen logos from basically all teams here. Hell my neighbor is a Jags fans.

I still want to know who the fuck is with the blue Nissan in Kingwood with a giant Colts logo on his back window

jmdajr

Best Cowboy fans are probably not even from Dallas. It's smaller towns that wished they had a team. Laredo and SA probably have more loyal fans than actual Dallas.

KingBroly

Banned
giphy.gif

I'll get out when my team has a losing record...pre-season included.

So Week 4 or 5.

captive

Yep. Seen logos from basically all teams here. Hell my neighbor is a Jags fans.

I still want to know who the fuck is with the blue Nissan in Kingwood with a giant Colts logo on his back window

the only ones that really bother me are Titans fans. That's like the wife or girlfriend leaving you and your simping along trying to get them to come back. Like fuck that, fuck them.

Hunter S.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...first-round-rookie-has-played-this-preseason/

All first round rookie preseason grades from PFF. Most first rounders struggling!
Highest grade on the list. I am down with this shit!

Denver Broncos: Shane Ray, DE (PFF Grade: +6.2)
Ray has been a force throughout preseason, and is a little unlucky that second-year teammate Shaquil Barrett is stealing his thunder and doing even better. Ray has a sack in each of his last two games and has graded positively against both the run and pass in each preseason outing. He will have to fight for playing time during the season, but could have a real impact as a situational option.

Cowboy's players on ESPN's top 100 player list:

Dez Bryant
Tony Romo
Tyron Smith
Travis Frederick
Jason Witten
Zach Martin

What do all these players have in common?

Top Bottom