• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

Andre Johnson is amazing

screen-shot-2015-09-02-at-6-17-38-am.png

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Andre Johnson is amazing

screen-shot-2015-09-02-at-6-17-38-am.png

John McClain has said if Andre Johnson asks him to be his presenter at the football hall of fame committee that votes on hall of farmers, he's said he's going to walk in, and say Matt schaub, David Carr, and pretty much leave.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
John McClain has said if Andre Johnson asks him to be his presenter at the football hall of fame committee that votes on hall of farmers, he's said he's going to walk in, and say Matt schaub, David Carr, and pretty much leave.

I'm pretty sure Dre would be a first ballot as would Megatron.

I'd say along with Randy Moss, those three have been the best receivers the past decade or so.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2555507-why-jim-harbaugh-and-michigan-may-not-live-happily-ever-after?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

More Jim Harbaugh...It's a long read but here are some choice quotes

Harbaugh is an early riser, a believer that mornings are a time for labor. And so last fall it wasn’t shocking to those who know him well that several times he showed up in the office of San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York at just past daybreak wanting to resolve an issue right now this very second.

This illustrated the rub of Harbaugh: His full-blast, turn-it-up-to-10 intensity is what makes him such a successful coach, but his friends and associates say it also is often what makes him unwilling to find common ground with others, which ultimately was his unraveling in San Francisco.

“When Jim focuses on something, he won’t let it go,” said a close friend of Harbaugh’s. “That can be both good and bad.”

Midway through last season, 49ers general manager Trent Baalke called a staffer on another team. At the time, San Francisco’s season was falling apart—the Niners would finish 8-8—and Baalke’s relationship with Harbaugh had frayed to the extent that the two were known to ride elevators together in silence and not make eye contact.

“I just can’t deal with Jim anymore,” Baalke told his friend, a veteran front-office employee of an NFL team who relayed the conversation to Bleacher Report. “This guy is a nut. Every day he’s bitching at me about something new. It’s this, it’s that. He’s wearing all of us out. He’s grinding us down.”

“But Trent, you guys have won with Jim,” the friend told Baalke. “Can’t you just focus on the winning?”

“I’m getting stepped on every day by Jim,” Baalke replied. “I can’t do this much longer.

Not siding with Baalke on this mind you...just some insight

"But Jim also told us, ‘Stick with me and you’ll be farting through silk,’ which I guess meant that we’d all be so successful we could afford silk undergarments. And he was right: We could have if we’d stuck with him. But only Tim Drevno, his offensive coordinator at Michigan, is still with him. ... Jim just isn't for everybody.

When assistants at San Diego asked Harbaugh if there was a travel dress code, he said he’d never put a nanosecond of thought into it. “I don’t care what you wear,” Harbaugh told his staff. “Just bring energy to your preparation and make sure your kids are damn tough on game day.”

To emphasize his approach to his players at San Diego, Harbaugh stood in front of them one afternoon and gave an impassioned speech about why he showed up to work in the same outfit every single day.

“I don’t care about clothes,” he told them. “I’m here for two things: to work and to make you guys tough. That’s it. Now let’s go!”

Even Harbaugh, who doesn’t like to talk about himself, has a fascinating Jim Harbaugh story to tell.

The lantern-jawed coach was sitting at a table in a conference room at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago on a midsummer afternoon. He leaned forward on the edge of his chair, his eyes wide, as he recalled a moment from his days at Stanford.

As he explained it, he was on his way to the office when he noticed a traffic light wasn’t working; a cop was standing in the middle of a busy intersection, directing cars this way and that way. The female officer displayed such command of the intersection that Harbaugh pulled over to the side of the road, mesmerized.

For half an hour, Harbaugh sat in his car and studied the scene. He was nearly late for practice because he was so enthralled with the skill and the savvy of the traffic cop. “I like to watch people doing their job at the highest level,” he said. “I really do.”

What...Da...Fuq?

MechDX

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2555507-why-jim-harbaugh-and-michigan-may-not-live-happily-ever-after?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

More Jim Harbaugh...It's a long read but here are some choice quotes

Not siding with Baalke on this mind you...just some insight

What...Da...Fuq?

I see no issue with. Guy looks for anything that can give him an edge, even from a traffic cop. Attention to the details can be the difference between good and great

Harbaugh is going to cause burn out for a lot of people at Michigan, I guarantee it. Right now he's basically shutting the media out. Obviously he's still receiving glaringly positive press but the minute this "revival" of the program goes off the rails the knives will be out.

I doubt he'll be at Michigan for more than 4 years.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
yea but is any NFL coach ever going to be considered "normal?"

You have to be a little crazy to work that hard, to sleep only 4 or 5 hours a night and work the rest of the time. etc etc.

Harbaugh is going to cause burn out for a lot of people at Michigan, I guarantee it. Right now he's basically shutting the media out. Obviously he's still receiving glaringly positive press but the minute this "revival" of the program goes off the rails the knives will be out.

I doubt he'll be at Michigan for more than 4 years.

but if he wins, he'll be able to get away with anything with the media.

No we are a cesspool and take pride in that.

well me and Greg do

I will admit to being part of a different cesspool. A better cesspool. A cessier pool than most.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go make fun of everyone in this thread until I get banned.

Top Bottom