• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

I wanted the last Konami and MGS game I ever get to be good. Haven't played it to the end yet, but it fulfills that purpose, and is a satisfying close to Kojima's MGS work.
Sweeney bae :")

Edit: bionic I played MGS1 in the 2000s for the first time with a 360 controller on pc and it's one of my favorite games. For me it was like a awesome action movie, I didn't realize games could be like that

bionic77

I don't like MGS really though (at least like some weird fanboys do). The first game is great, one of my favorite memories in gaming. Second is shit. Third is comedic bliss. Bought the fourth one 4-5 times and never played it.

I'm just not excited about games like I used to be. Going to PAX is pretty much the only thing that gets me excited. Like last year? I played the shit out of Wolfenstein.
Ain't that the truth about MGS1. God that game blew so many minds when it came out in 1998. I can say the same thing about the NES version too. So far ahead of its time and so unlike anything else out there (as far as I know of at least).

Gaming outside of handhelds really sucks ass. Get a 3DS and ignore the shit graphics and you will be surprised how much fun you will have playing games again. To bad handheld gaming is dying. Last gen the handhelds were on fucking point. The 3DS has a ton of blockbusters and soon to be classic games, but it doesn't have the breadth of the DS' library. And the Vita just never got shit.

rando14

I need to get a job. Just finished up school, but going the community college > state transfer route? I would recommend that to everyone, everyday.

Already paid for most of it via savings.

This is exactly how it should be done

My kids are in preschool you dummy. That shit ain't ever free. You have to suck a lot of dicks to get free pre-school or daycare in the US of A.

The public school where we live is actually pretty decent.

Hoping I don't have to pay for college, which I think is borderline a huge waste of money. I think college should be 2 years and cheap as fuck. The dorms should be ghetto, the food should be Spinesque, and you should have to pay to play in sports. The only thing that they should focus on is the quality of the education and the library and they should only charge what is absolutely necessary to keep the lights on. To reduce costs they should also spend their endowments instead of investing it in the fucking stock market.

Just tell your kids to be smart and get good grades and SAT/ACT scores, then get full rides (or at least a huge scholarship) from a state school. Go there for cheap/free, major in something that isn't fucking worthless (read: anything that isn't STEM or finance/econ), do some internships, and BOOM you're better off than most Americans, virtually debt-free

Don't be like Kave and major in Canadian-English or something dumb, look where it got him...

Sanjuro

Yup.

This filthy cocksucker? Out of school about a decade. Went back to school and forgot what the fuck math, programming, ENGLISH was. Community College had the tools and the patience to sit down with me when needed and help me figure out things that should be basic, but I've just not touched upon in forever.

I started off shit. Got better as I went along. As long as you have a school that is directly involved with the transfer? Your credits are as good as fucking GOLD. 0.0 GPA at four-year. Go from there.

A shitty student, I ended up working my ass off. Graduated magna cum laude. Had a blast. Fucked 18 year olds. Went to campus parties.

Any one of you fucks thinking about going or going back to school?

5pnFIV4.gif

bionic77

Just tell your kids to be smart and get good grades and SAT/ACT scores, then get full rides (or at least a huge scholarship) from a state school. Go there for cheap/free, major in something that isn't fucking worthless (read: anything that isn't STEM or finance/econ), do some internships, and BOOM you're better off than most Americans, virtually debt-free

Don't be like Kave and major in Canadian-English or something dumb, look where it got him...
That is the plan.

My little sister got a Zack Attack level score on her SATs because my parents learned from a friend of their to have her start practicing for it since 7th grade. Twice every week she had a retired English teacher come by and work on mostly English worksheets (she along with the rest of my family aced the math shit). She was terrible at the english test at first but after 3 years of practicing hundreds of worksheets she was a pro by 10th grade and got like high 1500s on her SAT. She got into pretty much every school except Harvard that she applied to and was even accepted into a medical school program and got a lot of schools to give her a free ride. She of course said fuck everything and went to an expensive private school where she majored in an engineering discipline she has never used (but she makes good money as a dentist now so it all worked out).

I plan on doing the same with my kids (except saying fuck it and going to an expensive private school). I wish PA had better state schools though. Penn State is expensive as shit compared to state schools from most other states.

Also hoping they do engineering. Even if they don't go to grad school or become lawyers or doctors it seems like engineers pretty much always get decent jobs. Its not like lawyers and MBA grads, who have to give a ton of BJs to get a decent job.

RBH

So I have a 50% off code for Dominos that was given to me by minx88, but it expires on Saturday and I won't be able to use it before then, so I'm giving it to the first person who posts a good wrestling gif.

Farooq

Banned
Eh, the media is vastly underestimating how important Murray was to that team. The offense is going to take a step back (as much as everyone wants to give the O-Line all the credit, we can all agree that the RB situation in Dallas is worse this year), and the D was never that great to begin with (Murray hid a lot of their flaws by simply not letting the D take the field. DAL led the league in ToP last season, that's just not going to happen again this year), but now they lose Scandrick too? We'll see I guess, but DAL is in for an average season IMO.

I don't really care what opinion the media has, it means nothing to me.

The running game was important, and Randle reads zone stretches (foundation of Dallas' offense) just as well Murray. Garrett has the pieces needed to carry out his Coryell influenced scheme, the least important of those pieces is RB.

The biggest weakness of Dallas' defense was pass rush, which was addressed this off-season. Dallas' leading pass rusher from last year is at best 3rd in the rotation. They have versatile ends that can play the 3 or shade 0, weak or strong, and be effective. The defensive line rotation is the best since the scheme change.

Scandrick is a huge loss, but it is mitigated by improved depth and an improved pass rush. The talent on the defense is improved and doesn't need to be protected.

I don't think they will have a better record than last year since they face some pretty good teams and I think the AFC East has some of the best defenses in the league. But they are a better team from last year.

I am ok with that tweet.

It sounds like someone we would post.

I am sure we have all wondered how any BJs FMT would give Jeb York to get one night alone with Jeff Garcia.

Better question: How many BJs would French give Jed York to make him apologize for chasing off the second best coach in Niners history and try to get Harbaugh back?

Sanjuro

I never took SATs.

In the area, SAT/PSAT were form some reason in a highly private school in the area. If you had money, you went there. A cunty, but successful place. Went for the PSAT one Saturday. Finished up, left the building. Needed to call back for a ride, asked where the nearest payphone was. The guy and his friends laughed at me for not having a cell phone. Pushed me to the ground.

This was 1999/2000. Kind of didn't want to bother after that with the next variant.

Godslay

Banned
Put Charles James on the 53. Reminds me of Chris Harris Jr, in that he's fun and pure effort. That rushing TD and him saying they can kiss my ass sold me.

That is the plan.

My little sister got a Zack Attack level score on her SATs because my parents learned from a friend of their to have her start practicing for it since 7th grade. Twice every week she had a retired English teacher come by and work on mostly English worksheets (she along with the rest of my family aced the math shit). She was terrible at the english test at first but after 3 years of practicing hundreds of worksheets she was a pro by 10th grade and got like high 1500s on her SAT. She got into pretty much every school except Harvard that she applied to and was even accepted into a medical school program and got a lot of schools to give her a free ride. She of course said fuck everything and went to an expensive private school where she majored in an engineering discipline she has never used (but she makes good money as a dentist now so it all worked out).

I plan on doing the same with my kids (except saying fuck it and going to an expensive private school). I wish PA had better state schools though. Penn State is expensive as shit compared to state schools from most other states.

Also hoping they do engineering. Even if they don't go to grad school or become lawyers or doctors it seems like engineers pretty much always get decent jobs. Its not like lawyers and MBA grads, who have to give a ton of BJs to get a decent job.

Another great tip: Always be on the lookout for third party scholarship opportunities!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1106210

bionic77

Better question: How many BJs would French give Jed York to make him apologize for chasing off the second best coach in Niners history and try to get Harbaugh back?
That seems like a really bad bargain unless FMT absolutely loves and has a deep thirst to give stupid rich assholes BJs.

Why would FMT have to get on his knees and swallow his pride and a lot more just to get an apology from that moron? I think a better bargain would be to replace Jeb with Eddie D in exchange for x amount of BJs.

bionic77

I never took SATs.

In the area, SAT/PSAT were form some reason in a highly private school in the area. If you had money, you went there. A cunty, but successful place. Went for the PSAT one Saturday. Finished up, left the building. Needed to call back for a ride, asked where the nearest payphone was. The guy and his friends laughed at me for not having a cell phone. Pushed me to the ground.

This was 1999/2000. Kind of didn't want to bother after that with the next variant.
I am just assuming you went to school in New England.

We are all assuming that.

bionic77

Maybe if you cutback your purse buying to 1 per month.
I could easily live with that.

My wife probably has enough now that she should be set (that is what I keep telling myself even though she buys another damn one every few months).

Speaking of that, she just bought 2 purses for like $3,600 or something in that ballpark, before taxes, for her 10th wedding anniversary present. Apparently the correct present is an upgrade to your stone or some bullshit which I was advised by a very shitty and greedy jeweler would have set me back more than $10k. So on the whole I think I came out ahead!

I need to get a job. Just finished up school, but going the community college > state transfer route? I would recommend that to everyone, everyday.

Already paid for most of it via savings.

Yup that's what I'm doing, I'm transferring next year and so far I've made money from going to school, suckers.

Trejo is in my city?

He's alive? IF YOU CAN READ THIS COMEBACK CHRIS!

He's always spotted but nobody can seem to catch him.

SAT vs ACT was a question of what schools you were applying to when I was entering college. The B1G/midwest schools mostly didn't/don't give a flying fuuuuuuck about the SAT, so it was basically optional. ACT was a must.

(this was before they ruined it with a writing component. I would've bombed the hell out of that, I didn't learn to write cohesively until university history class trial-by-fire)

Too old, bro

Steak-umm sandwiches was my go to high school lunch. I had One More Taco for lunch today. The carne asada are bomb.

My was like chips and soda then when then when I got my car in sophomore year it was pretty much fast food. How I stayed at around 130-140 pounds during HS amaze me. Now I gotta work my ass off to stay at around 155.

I fucked up my SAT bad, don't remember what I got but all I know was it wasn't pretty. Thankfully got a 30 on my ACT overall, though in the end didn't really matter since I hated the school I went to so I left, worked full/part time for 2 years and now I'm back in Community College. Sad thing is CC teachers have been much better then my University teachers.

Tom Penny

My was like chips and soda then when then when I got my car in sophomore year it was pretty much fast food. How I stayed at around 130-140 pounds during HS amaze me. Now I gotta work my ass off to stay at around 155.

Jr. High was ice cream sandwiches and chips all for free. So healthy :)

Top Bottom