• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

This is basically it. We're comparing him against JP Losman here. Of course we're excited to have an actual starting QB.

The sad thing is I think Losman could have been a good QB had Mularky not ruined him.

He had a great first year, for the time anyway.

But yeah it's been daaaaaaaaaaark. When Drew Bledsoe is the third best QB in your franchises modern history (not counting Kemp since that was primarily AFL) it's baaaaaaaaad.

Pepiope

The point is 15 attempts don't mean anything. Especially compared to two seasons of work.
Well that stat is just off of the 15 attempts, but Bradford has always had a quicker release. That stat is just tieing a number to a fact we've already known based off of his throws thus far in Philly.

#StopTheHate

Think about it, the Bills went into the offseason with Cassel and EJ as the two guys. Yeah they brought Tyrod in and said he'd get a shot but no one took that seriously. It was Cassel vs. EJ for all intents and purposes as far as the media and fans were concerned.

Fast forward a few months and Tyrod has legitimately won the starting role by outplaying the two guys above him in convincing fashion. He has shown poise, consistency, accuracy, and intelligence that no one really expected.

So yeah, damn right Bills fans should be excited. Maybe he won't work out and he'll disappoint. Big fucking deal, you started the offseason putting your hopes and dreams in the hands of MATT CASSEL and EJ MANUEL. The Bills thought they didn't have a QB worth anything and now they might at least have a serviceable and exciting starter. With the rest of the talent on that loaded roster I think they have every right to be excited.

All aboard the Tyrod hype train!

Dragon

Banned
T-mobile is unbelievably bad. I refuse it.

iPydduaC5I5sr.gif

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
so one thing I definitely noticed from the saints Texans game, it didn't matter which string was in there, the saints DBs were pretty awful. They were mugging Texans receivers, and rightfully getting called for it, all game. I don't recall ever seeing a regular or preseason game with that many DPI.

WedgeX

Banned
Depends, are you getting a good version of either?

Both would be at places that rate at about 6.5/10 so serviceable but not amazing. Although the pizza place is supposedly one of DC's best but...dc just doesn't have amazing pizza.

Also both are in walking distance, so no real difference in obtaining them.

Some good news and other stuff for the Dolphins:

Left tackle Branden Albert, the target of an erroneous ESPN report Saturday, admonished the media to not believe anything unless you "get it from the horse's mouth."

Albert said he is working with the starting unit in practice this week -- indeed, today -- for the first time since last November when he blew out his knee. ESPN reported Albert would not play until Week 3, but I reported that is not true and the Dolphins are still hopeful he can start in the opener against the Washington Redskins on Sept. 13.

Great news, hopefully he can start Week 1 but I'm ok with waiting an extra week just to be sure. Would suck to lose him again.

The news is not quite as rosy with receiver DeVante Parker. He said he is going through practice for the first time starting today, but he will only participate in individual drills.

Clearly, Parker may not be ready for the Sept. 13 opener considering there are only six more practices between now and that Washington game.

Sucks but seems like he'll be ready soon after anyways and Tannehill has been doing great with Landry, Stills, Matthew and Jennings.

Jason Fox returned to practice today after missing last week with a concussion. Indeed, the only player to sit out practice today was cornerback Jamar Taylor.

Excellent news in case Albert isn't ready...I don't want Thomas to start at LT

Mike Pouncey, who left Saturday's game with a sprained left knee, went for an MRI Sunday and it was negative. He's back at practice today.

Thank you football gods!

There are questions about whether Will Davis makes the team or not. A third-round pick in 2013, Davis still shows enough promise and has enough experience that the team is likely to keep him. (Obviously, a meltdown in practice or Thursday's game might change that). But right now, he is on the team.

So the cornerbacks could be in no particular order: Brice McCain, Brent Grimes, Jamar Taylor, Bobby McCain, Davis, Bowman and, yes, rookie Tony Lippett. Look, Lippett remains a project. But he's 6-3 and shows promise. So I don't think the Dolphins will want to cut him or expose him to be poached on the practice squad.

I had so much hope for him and now he might not even make the team, another Ireland bust.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/08/monday-miami-dolphins-practice-report-update-roster-talk.html

Pepiope

Chip loves Tebow. He gave him a great shot. Let's hope Tebow dominated in Game 4.
Tebow's worth a roster spot even if it's just to get into the opposing team's head by having to prepare for his 2PT conversion attempt. Barkley doesn't need to be on this roster.

I do feel like it's always a race with to find a nickname with black QBs. What'a wrong with Tyrod?
Bradford will have a nickname.

Super Bowl MVP

Tebow's worth a roster spot even if it's just to get into the opposing team's head by having to prepare for his 2PT conversion attempt. Barkley doesn't need to be on this roster.

You have such little faith in your RB and Oline that you'll waste a roster spot on a guy just in case you might have to go for a 2pt conversion?

JABEE

In order for him to have a chance on 2PT conversions, you would have to have him active on your 46 man roster on game day.

I don't think you can do that with someone that can't play special teams and is only there to maybe go for two when you have to do that three times every season.

You also have three quality running backs to run those plays.

At this point, I think the Eagles may go with two QBs and pick Tebow or another QB off the street if a QB goes down.

I love Tebow though. I hope he makes it.

Some good news and other stuff for the Dolphins:

Great news, hopefully he can start Week 1 but I'm ok with waiting an extra week just to be sure. Would suck to lose him again.

Sucks but seems like he'll be ready soon after anyways and Tannehill has been doing great with Landry, Stills, Matthew and Jennings.

Excellent news in case Albert isn't ready...I don't want Thomas to start at LT

Thank you football gods!

I had so much hope for him and now he might not even make the team, another Ireland bust.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/08/monday-miami-dolphins-practice-report-update-roster-talk.html
Good stuff! Kind of foreboding how positive this offseason has been. Waiting for the other foot to drop.

bionic77

Can't believe they are still drug testing Irvin that way.
The Cowboys from the 90s don't fuck around with cocaine. They are to cocaine and prostitutes what he Pats are to cheating.

You get a much better high by taking it in the ass. Same with alcohol.

Its the only way to be sure...

Pepiope

You have such little faith in your RB and Oline that you'll waste a roster spot on a guy just in case you might have to go for a 2pt conversion?
No, but if you can make the play easier, why wouldn't you?
In order for him to have a chance on 2PT conversions, you would have to have him active on your 46 man roster on game day.

I don't think you can do that with someone that can't play special teams and is only there to maybe go for two when you have to do that three times every season.

You also have three quality running backs to run those plays.

At this point, I think the Eagles may go with two QBs and pick Tebow or another QB off the street if a QB goes down.

I love Tebow though. I hope he makes it.
We could just leave Sanchez as the inactive if it's that big a deal. I'm fine with Tebow finishing out a game if need be.

Top Bottom