• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

I like the perspective of everyone involved losing

Judge's time wasted
Goodell historically losing
Brady's rep never getting repaired
Patriots losing the draft pick
Garoppolo losing likely his only chance of starting in the league
The Pats fan reporter who wished for Goodell's death on air likely being fired

From that perspective, if we just add Goodell's firing, the Pats not winning the next Super Bowl, and Brady sucking for the first month, this actually comes out as a win

Godslay

Banned
That pertains to one point only and doesn't mean he agrees with the findings.

This is more a ruling on the authority of Goodell, and pinpoints the problems with the CBA more so than it does rules violations of the Patriots.

From CBSSports:

You may notice how Judge Berman's decision and reasoning did not mention, nor did it concern, Brady's alleged guilt or innocence in Deflategate. That was not at issue in this case. It was merely about the process afforded to Brady in his appeal of his four-game suspension, and whether or not it was fair. Judge Berman ruled that it was not.

wut

Edit: There's real football today, friends!

4B3i95t.png

Holy fuck that's a lot of Thursday games

So the sham show is finally over? Goodell's boys get away with it again but this time Goodell can pretend he was actually going tough on them. Nothing to see here, return to your regular consumption of football as before.

MechDX

Lets discuss the real scum here: the Indianapolis Colts

They made these wild allegations, try to purposely injure players, have a coke head owner, are from Indiana, cry about the rules when they don't go their way, openly cheat (piped in crowd noise) and are just scum

So everyone agrees Brady deflated the balls but because the nfl never explicitly said "you'll be suspended if you do!" They reversed the decision?

Lol

Everyone agrees he did it, the judge wasn't asked to review that, he was asked to review the punishment. It was made clear the options were 4 games or nothing. If it were 4 games or 3 or 2 or 1 or nothing, we likely would have had a different outcome.

jmdajr

They made these wild allegations, try to purposely injure players, have a coke head owner, are from Indiana and have a deal with the devil.

Two wrong don't make a right,,,,

or something.

fuck I don't know.

Trey

Everyone agrees he did it, the judge wasn't asked to review that, he was asked to review the punishment. It was made clear the options were 4 games or nothing. If it were 4 games or 3 or 2 or 1 or nothing, we likely would have had a different outcome.

That sounds stupid. Either Brady could be punished, or he couldn't. 1 would functionally be the same as 4.

Tom Penny

They made these wild allegations, try to purposely injure players, have a coke head owner, are from Indiana, cry about the rules when they don't go their way, openly cheat (piped in crowd noise) and are just scum
Your learning Mech.

Is the NFL still screwing the Pats out of the 32nd pick in next yesrs draft?

ampere

So everyone agrees Brady deflated the balls but because the nfl never explicitly said "you'll be suspended if you do!" They reversed the decision?

Lol

Nah, he probably didn't even do it. No one really cared about ball inflation, balls were prob a little under and got approved anyway

I forgive you because of your sadder offseason

Line_HTX

Two wrong don't make a right,,,,

or something.

fuck I don't know.

Colts deserve to get Stunnered.

Colts are full of hate, and Cena rises above all that hate.

Colts may have been laughing and scheming from the beginning like Brock, but now they see The Undertaker's laugh and have pie in their faces.

MechDX

Your learning Mech.

Is the NFL still screwing the Pats out of the 32nd pick in next yesrs draft?

To top it off I have confirmed exactly 50% of the Colts fanbase are dedicated animu.
This is based on a survey of Colts fans that post here: Spin and Narag

Top Bottom