• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

MechDX

IR with designation to return isn't really something you use on a third string quarterback.

Edit: And you DEFINITELY don't use an actual roster spot on an injured third string quarterback, if that's what you're suggesting.

Its not a typical 3rd string QB. Developmental project who has shown a ton of growth. PS stash he will be signed by someone pretty quick.

It is either IR or 53 man roster. If he is out for an extended period just put him on IR then.

ACE 1991

So this is my first time watching football after cord cutting, can someone give me a rundown on what games I'll be able to get over the air and what I'll miss out on? I mostly care about Iggles games, so from what I understand I should be covered since I get NBC, CBS and Fox with my new antenna. Monday/Thursday Night Football are nationally broadcast, right? So I should be able to get these games too? Is the only thing I'll miss out on is non-local Sunday games?

Godslay

Banned
do you even know who you are talking to at this point? Or are you so mad you just post the same shit every time?

Here's the thing, you need proof to make a claim. Whether its in the court of law, science, or the freaking NFL. You can't just say, well I vaguely think you cheated, therefore you cheated! Fucking prove it.

I forgot who you root for.

Kraft accepted the punishment, that's an implicit admission of guilt. I don't have to prove jackshit.

Let's say you get a speeding ticket. Cop was wrong his radar was miscalibrated or something. Instead of appealing this you accept the punishment and pay the fine. As far as your record is concerned you committed the crime of speeding whether or not you try to argue that after the punishment. You very well could be innocent, but by not fighting it you are implicitly admitting guilt and it explicitly reflects on your record.

Same applies to Pats. Are they innocent? Not in the eyes of the NFL. Why didn't Kraft appeal? Was it not rocking the boat or did he know he didn't have a leg to stand on? Nobody really knows. What we do know is they accepted it and were punished.

Everything else doesn't matter, simply because it will not be ruled on beyond that. Sorry to bum you out.

Wow, the Giants cut Steve Weatherford. Coughlin was kidding when he said he wasn't happy with the quality of Weatherfords work in the preseason.

That's what the Brad Wing trade is for.

EDIT: On a personal note, that sucks. Weatherford has been very good for us for a number of years and while his play has declined a bit, it sucks to see such a good guy released. I follow him on Twitter and he's a funny dude. Any team will be lucky to have him in their locker room.

So this is my first time watching football after cord cutting, can someone give me a rundown on what games I'll be able to get over the air and what I'll miss out on? I mostly care about Iggles games, so from what I understand I should be covered since I get NBC, CBS and Fox. Monday/Thursday Night Football are nationally broadcast, right? So I should be able to get these games too, so the only thing I'll miss out on is non-local Sunday games?
No Monday night games, those are on ESPN.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Onion Sports Network ‏@OnionSports 13m13 minutes ago

Brady Ruling Costs Jimmy Garoppolo 3-Year, $35 Million Contract With Browns Next Season

Is not like any other guys not named Brady have had suspensions vacated.

Yeah, but I haven't seen 800 lifelongs crawl out of the gaf woodwork to defend them and argue the minutiae.

Dragon

Banned
So this is my first time watching football after cord cutting, can someone give me a rundown on what games I'll be able to get over the air and what I'll miss out on? I mostly care about Iggles games, so from what I understand I should be covered since I get NBC, CBS and Fox with my new antenna. Monday/Thursday Night Football are nationally broadcast, right? So I should be able to get these games too? Is the only thing I'll miss out on is non-local Sunday games?

Monday Night Football is on ESPN, so unless you have access to WatchESPN you're toast. Some Thursday night football games were on CBS last year, but most, especially in the latter half of the year were broadcast on NFL Network. You don't even need an antennae to watch the Sunday Night Football as they'll be available for streaming on NBC's sports site. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about the Thursday night stuff, it may have changed or I may be remembering incorrectly.

Yeah, but I haven't seen 800 lifelongs crawl out of the gaf woodwork to defend them and argue the minutiae.

I think comparing the situations is a bit disingenuous. Most of the other suspensions that were vacated or reduced had criminal connections. Also, Tom Brady is one of the better known NFL players for non-sports fans, a player like TJ Ward wouldn't even get an Off Topic Thread on GAF about it.

Edit: as far as I recall, the Ray Rice thread on GAF was pretty toxic and had some serious back and forth.

BigAT

Its not a typical 3rd string QB. Developmental project who has shown a ton of growth. PS stash he will be signed by someone pretty quick.

It is either IR or 53 man roster. If he is out for an extended period just put him on IR then.

I get it, but it's definitely an IR situation, if anything. It's insane to think of keeping someone like that around on an active NFL roster.

MechDX

I get it, but it's definitely an IR situation, if anything. It's insane to think of keeping someone like that around on an active NFL roster.

Agreed (First time we have ever agreed). I think they are waiting for a confirmed diagnosis before making a decision.

Line_HTX

Who the fuck was that center last night? That was not the first time Savage yelled for the ball, clapped and was like "COME ON!" The snap never came on time in the previous game too.

He definitely yelled "FUCK!" after that delay of game.

ACE 1991

No Monday night games, those are on ESPN.

Monday Night Football is on ESPN, so unless you have access to WatchESPN you're toast. Some Thursday night football games were on CBS last year, but most, especially in the latter half of the year were broadcast on NFL Network. You don't even need an antennae to watch the Sunday Night Football as they'll be available for streaming on NBC's sports site. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about the Thursday night stuff, it may have changed or I may be remembering incorrectly.

Oh shit, I forgot ESPN had the rights to MNF... My girlfriend's parents have a robust sports cable package, I imagine I could get WatchESPN login info from her.

In any case, am I still barred from local team MNF/TNF games too? For instance, the Eagles first game is against the Falcons on Monday the 14th. Will this be locally broadcast along with any other TNF/MNF games they play in?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Brad Wing looked pretty good this preseason and was neck and neck with another Aussie, Jordan Berry. Had a rough go year last year, where he was a bit inconsistent. Big leg, but not as bulked up as Weatherford.

That's your problem.

For a second there, I thought we were going to have an adult conversation. I should know better.

MechDX

Oh shit, I forgot ESPN had the rights to MNF... My girlfriend's parents have a robust sports cable package, I imagine I could get WatchESPN login info from her.

In any case, am I still barred from local team MNF/TNF games too? For instance, the Eagles first game is against the Falcons on Monday the 14th. Will this be locally broadcast along with any other TNF/MNF games they play in?

Traditionally, yes they are at least here in Houston. Would imagine it is the same scenario everywhere else

Line_HTX

Doubtful. The only local TV broadcasts are during Preseason games. They're not like the MLB and NBA where that can happen.

Edit: I don't know how it works in Philly.

Giants saved nearly 3 million cutting Weatherford. So there's that.

Still the best....

MFING-SUPER-BOWL.gif

Syrinx

You'll get the TNF games on CBS probably.

MNF I think is strictly ESPN though.

this_guy

Who the fuck was that center last night? That was not the first time Savage yelled for the ball, clapped and was like "COME ON!" The snap never came on time in the previous game too.

He definitely yelled "FUCK!" after that delay of game.

Greg Mancz. Yeah he sucks and had issues with the snap in previous games.

Brad Wing looked pretty good this preseason and was neck and neck with another Aussie, Jordan Berry. Had a rough go year last year, where he was a bit inconsistent. Big leg, but not as bulked up as Weatherford.

For a second there, I thought we were going to have an adult conversation. I should know better.
I guess people care more about a big name player like Brady getting suspended. I know I care more about players on my team getting suspended than players on other teams.

Must be a lot of patriot fans on gaf.

How to watch football without cable:

Thursday games are all broadcast on CBS now. All of them.

Sunday afternoon you will get two games. You will either get your local game and one national or the two nationals. Sunday Night Football will be OTA on NBC.

Monday Night Football is all you're going to miss out on, regardless of what team you want to watch. It's only on ESPN. Get some logins from someone (They don't care if you share. I've been sharing for years.) and watch it on WatchESPN. Don't try to use your cell phone, because there are device restrictions. I like to use the Xbox One. I've used the Roku and the Apple TV before as well.

Or, if it's a MNF game you actually want to watch, grab a 12 pack and go to a buddy's house.

MechDX

Jim TrotterVerified account
‏@JimTrotter_NFL I'll just say this: The chatter coming from the 49ers locker room is not good. At all.

Niners. The gift that keeps on giving all year long

Sorry FMT

Or you can stop being poors and just get Sunday ticket

#YOLO

I got Sunday Ticket for free last year, since I was a new subscriber, and this year I called and explained my situation to them and told them I was going to break my contract early and just pay the penalty, and they gave me another year of Sunday Ticket free and also threw in free NFL network. I couldnt believe it.

Line_HTX

I tried Sunday Ticket on the PS3 one year. It was alright, but yes, it was kind of robbery.

The good thing was that year I saw the end of that Bears / Broncos game where it was the best Tebow / most boneheaded Bears RB thing ever.

Bro, fuck Sunday Ticket. That price is fucking robbery.

Eh I can afford it.

I got Sunday Ticket for free last year, since I was a new subscriber, and this year I called and explained my situation to them and told them I was going to break my contract early and just pay the penalty, and they gave me another year of Sunday Ticket free and also threw in free NFL network. I couldnt believe it.

Yeah I've gotten it free/discounted before. They are pretty nice about it.

Top Bottom