• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitanator

2nd round draft pick, "projected 10 year starter" according to Mayock

Cursed! This city is utterly fucking cursed.

Why cant we have nice things?

if it makes you feel better, his brother, two time pro bowler, rookie first team all pro is looking mighty fresh.

MechDX

if it makes you feel better, his brother, two time pro bowler, rookie first team all pro is looking mighty fresh.

lsbI7ln.gif

Paches

Isn't running the INT back for a TD actually a terrible play by the DB? Why not just kneel at the one, and kick a tiny ass FG to win with 0 seconds.

Although Blair Walsh is the kicker, so I guess it isn't a 100% certainty.

just barely catching up with the 1st ep of Hard Knocks. LOL @ that guy who got cut for bringing a girl to his room and not even getting laid. Also Goff has some serious dad bod action going for him, but that might be a good thing. The best QBs all have dad bods. QBs who are ripped never pan out.

squicken

McLane: Eagles offense can't catch up at Heinz Field

The final installment of the Dark Knight trilogy was filmed here. Heinz Field stood in as the home stadium for the Gotham Rogues, and as villain Bane systematically obliterates the Batman-less city he sets off a bomb underneath the grass just after kickoff.

The ground craters and engulfs every player save for the kick returner.

The image briefly crossed the mind while watching the Eagles first-team offense play on that very same turf Thursday night. What if the earth swallowed up every wide receiver? Would the Eagles or their fans care? It's not like Jordan Matthews was out there.

Pepiope

How did game 2 for ol' Rueben Randle do?
He was better than the first game, but he didn't stand out or anything.

It would great if he stepped up next week to ensure Huff gets cut. A WR core of Matthews, Agholar, Randle, DGB, Turner isn't half bad.

squicken

How did game 2 for ol' Rueben Randle do?

He had a catch that was called back on a dumb Ertz OPI. When Randle caught the ball, he was running as fast as he could to get to the sideline. When it was clear he wasn't going to get there, he kind of went limp as he got tackled. He just doesn't have any fight to him

Shutout last night. Doesn't bother me. Most of our starters on offense didn't play.

Instead it was Landry Legend who had a 3 (4?) pick night. I'm not one to make excuses but outside of the corner route that wasn't there the picks I saw weren't his fault. Sammie Coates proved how raw he was yesterday. On the first pick he ran a sloppy route that the Eagles corner sat down on for a Taint. Second one was tipped for a pick/touchback.

Coates has talent, but he is raw. In practice i'm sure Mann is going to stress that he has to come back to the ball. He's underperformed in preseason because he's not doing the little things.

2nd preseason game and Hargrave is already playing with the 1s.

Sean Davis was quiet. Which could be a good thing. Didn't pay much attention to him.

squicken

Shutout last night. Doesn't bother me. Most of our starters on offense didn't play.

Instead it was Landry Legend who had a 3 (4?) pick night. I'm not one to make excuses but outside of the corner route that wasn't there the picks I saw weren't his fault. .

Yeah it's a bummer that people just look at the result and put it on the QB. That corner route, Coates totally let the CB run the route for him. On that play and the TAINT, he could have at least broken up the play. Not sure if he can play outside, but Rogers looked like a good WR. The light may never come on for Coates

rando14

How'd my Boykin do week 2?

He's like Russell lite. Did some great scrambling, made some good throws... and then made a super boneheaded play and threw a pick 6 lmao.

To be fair our receivers had some serious drops last night, I counted at least 6, so numbers are a little misleading, but no excuse for the pick 6. That was panic

Overall, a quite acceptable backup QB. Would recommend

He's like Russell lite. Did some great scrambling, made some good throws... and then made a super boneheaded play and threw a pick 6 lmao.

To be fair our receivers had some serious drops last night, I counted at least 6, so numbers are a little misleading, but no excuse for the pick 6. That was panic

Overall, a quite acceptable backup QB. Would recommend

If he hadn't punched a cop in the face, he definitely would have been drafted. You guys got a steal.

rando14

If he hadn't punched a cop in the face, he definitely would have been drafted. You guys got a steal.

I hope so!!

Dak also looked quite good for you guys as well, yeah he had the fortune of being behind a quality line, but I wouldn't apologize for being put in a good situation. I have my eye on him for tonight

If Romo goes down, no more Matt Cassel at least lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom