• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah fair, outside of TDs he was ranked 6th-7th for TEs last year in most stats. And it's entirely possible the inconsistency he showed was a result of Chip's predictable offense. I guess my problem is that he puts up the stats, but I don't feel like other teams are afraid of him. I don't feel like teams game plan around Ertz the way they do Greg Olsen, Kelce, Jordan Reed, etc. Because even though he might have similar numbers to Reed and Kelce, I feel like those guys draw far more attention from opposing defenses, which opens up the rest of the offense. I just want Ertz to be that guy. I remember a lot of Ertz' numbers last year coming from blown coverage where he just had wide open field instead of dominating defenders.

I mean, the entire team got their numbers from blown coverage last year. That's basically how Chip's offense functioned. I don't think Chip utilized TEs well enough for them to need to be planned around. There were one or two games last year where the TEs actually got attention and made good plays and it definitely made teams pay attention to them, but I think mostly other teams assumed TEs were just there as blockers cause that's how Chip used them.

Giants' kicker Josh Brown's ex-wife told police of over 20 physically violent incidents:

https://t.co/pJZhMykGdd https://t.co/gdZpkAVfDU

Jeez....

1 game?

Cut him as far as I'm concerned. It's a pattern of behavior that isn't likely to stop. Orbansky future!

On the Giants...

The Giants have announced their inactives for Saturday's preseason game against the Bills in Buffalo.

WR Geremy Davis (hamstring), TE Will Johnson (stinger), CB Leon McFadden (bruised lower leg), LB J.T. Thomas III (PUP, hamstring), and DE Kerry Wynn (groin) are all out and will not travel to Buffalo.

WR Victor Cruz (groin), LG Justin Pugh (shoulder), and CB Eli Apple (knee) all made the trip.

However, Cruz is not expected to play.

MechDX

Cut him as far as I'm concerned. It's a pattern of behavior that isn't likely to stop. Orbansky future!

On the Giants...

Really need to (to do the right thing) but man the public backlash if they done will be huge

This doesnt look good either:

CqO05iTWAAAe5lU.jpg:large

They knew about this when they gave him an extension?

Really need to (to do the right thing) but man the public backlash if they done will be huge

In this league? It'll be forgotten in a month. Peterson gets his dick sucked every major television broadcast and he attacked his sons testicles with switches. Let's not go all outrage culture overboard here.

Though I don't disagree. It's not worth the bad PR to keep an completely replaceable player. Don't get me wrong. Brown was a weapon last year but I would prefer the outright cut than wasting a valuable roster spot when his replacement is already on the roster to begin with and he's cheaper.

As for the extension, these particular charges were dropped 5 days later. I doubt Brown came in and said "Hey about those other 20 times...just to pull all of my cards on the table.." :jnc

BigAT

This doesnt look good either:

I believe they were definitely aware of his recent arrest (which seems to have been for just grabbing her wrist?) but not aware of the subsequent accusations that have come out. Who knows, I'm not really sure honestly.

MechDX

In this league? It'll be forgotten in a month. Peterson gets his dick sucked every major television broadcast and he attacked his sons testicles with switches. Let's not go all outrage culture here.

Though I don't disagree. It's not worth the bad PR to keep an completely replaceable player. Don't get me wrong. Brown was a weapon last year but I would prefer the outright cut than wasting a valuable rost

As for the extension, these particular charges were dropped 5 days later. I doubt Brown came in and said "Hey about those other 20 times...just to pull all of my cards on the table.." :jnc

Yeah at that last part lol. I mean he is a kicker....

It's not like you used a high draft pick and traded up to pick him.

Scooby Wright is literally the only guy of these picks so far I've heard absolutely zero positives about since training camp started.

Everyone has at least flashed or shown promise so far.

8-8
Scooby to me is a great value pick.. He would have been taken in the first three rounds if it weren't for the injury. It was like the Ifo pick (corner from Oregon who would have gone in the first if not for injury) and I like it.

I hope he gets back to normal.. If not, then we can pick Raekwon from OSU with the Eagles pick even.

You'd like that huh Chuck :)

Hindl

I mean, the entire team got their numbers from blown coverage last year. That's basically how Chip's offense functioned. I don't think Chip utilized TEs well enough for them to need to be planned around. There were one or two games last year where the TEs actually got attention and made good plays and it definitely made teams pay attention to them, but I think mostly other teams assumed TEs were just there as blockers cause that's how Chip used them.

Yeah we'll see how Doug's offense helps Ertz, he wasn't used very effectively with Chip. I'm excited to see him and also Burton, especially with the 3 TE screens they've been practicing.

Farooq

Banned
For Cowboys-GAF, Tapper is still having back issues, won't play today. Maliek Collins might play according to Broaddus.

With Irving's injury they have no ends. Russell, McAdoo...is Mayowa playing? Wish Okoye was healthy, his bull rush on Jared Smith broke Moore's foot.

Maybe Jack Crawford gets some snaps at end now.

Oh, watch Center Jake Brendel this game, the team is looking to him to be a replacement for Bernadeau in that back-up C/OG role.

For Cowboys-GAF, Tapper is still having back issues, won't play today. Maliek Collins might play according to Broaddus.

With Irving's injury they have no ends. Russell, McAdoo...is Mayowa playing? Wish Okoye was healthy, his bull rush on Jared Smith broke Moore's foot.

Oh watch Center Jake Brendel this game, team is looking for him to replace Bernadeau in that C/OG role.

I really hope our DL can create some pressure and Dez doesn't murder our CBs,

Oh, watch Center Jake Brendel this game, the team is looking to him to be a replacement for Bernadeau in that back-up C/OG role.

Thanks for the updates Farooq. Getting pressure on the QB is my #1 concern for this team (as it was last year).

I will only be able to watch the first quarter of the game tonight, hopefully get to see Romo but I'm not counting on it.

Thanks for the updates Farooq. Getting pressure on the QB is my #1 concern for this team (as it was last year).

I will only be able to watch the first quarter of the game tonight, hopefully get to see Romo but I'm not counting on it.

I'll assure you that you'll get some pressures tonight lol

TheFatOne

Glad to see my faith restored in the universe. Dobson is dogshit. This is why you take anything you hear about practices with a grain of salt. Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise like Lewis last year though. Also, I wonder if Knighton is going to make the cut. He hasn't looked good, and he played late in the game yesterday.

Bread

Banned
Glad to see my faith restored in the universe. Dobson is dogshit. This is why you take anything you hear about practices with a grain of salt. Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise like Lewis last year. Also, I wonder if Knighton is going to make the cut. He hasn't looked good, and he played late in the game yesterday.
Now all we need is for the Pats D-Line to look great without Nink around and we'll be vindicated.

TheFatOne

Now all we need is for the Pats D-Line to look great without Nink around and we'll be vindicated.

So long as Sheard is healthy they should look good. I want to see more of Flowers. He looked great last year before he got hurt, and he is just picking up where he left off. Even though it's preseason it's a good sign that he's making plays, and looks the part. Johnson is another guy I'm paying attention to. Flashed a few times so far. I thought Knighton would be an auto lock on the roster given his past history. Now I'm not so sure. He has looked bad, and other players are stepping up. It's great seeing the Pats have a legit defense, and some nice talent on defense as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom