• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

A competent CB would've picked that off easily.

That can be said about nearly any pass dropped into a window. How is Semen doing?

Im not a huge Osweiler fan and havent been since the signing but the bullshit that gets thrown his way by every butt hurt Broncos fan needs to just stop. Elway is a good GM and built a Super Bowl winning team but just admit he fucked up on this one decision and quit going out of your way to defend it.

Sanchez/Semen/Lynch was not a valid option at anytime.

MechDX

Excited about Fuller and Braxton looks like he's going to produce from day one.

If nothing else, playing franchise with the Texans is going to be fun in Madden.

The Texans have set Brock up superbly. His starting 3 wideouts will be Hopkins and Fuller outside with Braxton in the slot. Lamar Miller in the backfield and Stephen Anderson as the "move TE" to create mismatches against linebackers. Add in O'Brien and Godsey game planning to his strengths and its all on him to perform. First quarter of the season will be rough is my best guess right now though.

Now to just get the starting offensive line healthy and actually playing together......

The Texans have set Brock up superbly. His starting 3 wideouts will be Hopkins and Fuller outside with Braxton in the slot. Lamar Miller in the backfield and Stephen Anderson as the "move TE" to create mismatches against linebackers. Add in O'Brien and Godsey game planning to his strengths and its all on him to perform. First quarter of the season will be rough is my best guess right now though.

Now to just get the starting offensive line healthy and actually playing together......

Yep, Brock has all the weapons, just need the o-line to give him some time, kind of worried that 3 guys are going to start the first game of the season coming back from injuries.

Really liked this offseason, first time I can remember seeing the Texans have a clear plan on what they wanted to do, and then go out and find players to fit the plan. Hopefully Osweiller can go out and ball a bit and grow into the position.

MechDX

Watching the highlights of Mariota. Looked good. Still got question marks on D.

Fanatic? Just join me in welcoming our new AFCS overlords: The Jacksonville Jaguars!

Resistance is futile. #BORT

Yep, Brock has all the weapons, just need the o-line to give him some time, kind of worried that 3 guys are going to start the first game of the season coming back from injuries.

Really liked this offseason, first time I can remember seeing the Texans have a clear plan on what they wanted to do, and then go out and find players to fit the plan. Hopefully Osweiller can go out and ball a bit and grow into the position.

xVp8NFR.jpg

All BOB's plan to win squicken over.

Seriously though: When O'Brien came in this was a 3 year turn around. The roster he inherited in 2014 was littered with older players who were on this team because they fit Kubiaks ZBS offense and part of his "good ol boy" network. I saw a number the other days that like 65% of the roster has been turned over the past two years. This team is getting the pieces O'Brien wants, to fit what he wants to do. Its a testament to BOB's coaching ability they have been at minimal competitive these last couple years during this quiet rebuild

MechDX

Na not yet. Until that Jags gif goes into retirement, Titans will still rule over the Jags

Yeah. their fans (not on this board but elsewhere) are getting really chirpy this off season. I still am not sold on Bortles. His stats are enlarged from garbage time.

But both the Tacks and Glitter Kitties need to get a real HC. Bradley and Mularkey just are not very good IMO

Yeah. their fans (not on this board but elsewhere) are getting really chirpy this off season. I still am not sold on Bortles. His stats are enlarged from garbage time.

But both the Tacks and Glitter Kitties need to get a real HC. Bradley and Mularkey just are not very good IMO

I don't think Mularkey wasn't the first choice. But maybe he surprises us

Pretty much agree on both of these points for the Jags. Bortles is still unproven, he's not a dumpster fire but we really won't know what his ceiling is until this season begins and we see if he's really fixed his most glaring faults. And Bradley is likely gone after this season, even if the team is up to par to make a playoff (questionable, though much better looking than last year) he will fuck it up.

Line_HTX

Much better showing tonight. One good TD, one not so good INT. Brock is progressing well, but hey, Broncos fans can't ever be butthurt like Elway, right Harry?

I don't care about JD. Just don't get injured please.

Went to work out...now I have ice pack on knee, fuck it I'll just get fat seems less painful

Chris can't stay healthy on the field.

I don't have many thoughts on the Ravens game but man has Matt Judon look good during his two preseason games. He hasn't looked great during practices, but in both games he's looking like he's going to be a solid pass rusher.

squicken

Is Pederson sending right messages on problem players?

The Eagles certainly knew about Deon Long's history when they signed him only days after the Rams released him on July 31. But it wasn't until Hard Knocks that the public knew why Rams coach Jeff Fisher had cut him. He was caught sneaking a woman into his camp dorm room.

Long stuck around long enough for one preseason game, but he had already overstayed his welcome. It took only a few days of his walking around the corridors of his hotel in various states of undress for his new teammates to tire of his act, according to team sources. He was cut on Aug. 14.

bionic77

Happy Apathetic Sunday

grace3.gif

EDIT: wienke, her name is Grace Helbig
That looks like a married woman in her 30s on her anniversary pretending that she wants to get sexed.

These are the types of bitches I hang around with these days.

Why do fights have to happen so late at night? UFC should try and hold main event at 11pm. Fuck the west coast.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I love that y'all know my type.

Remember when Buckethead's type were voluptuous redheads? I miss that guy...
That looks like a married woman in her 30s on her anniversary pretending that she wants to get sexed.

These are the types of bitches I hang around with these days.

Why do fights have to happen so late at night? UFC should try and hold main event at 11pm. Fuck the west coast.

On a personal note, when I was younger I used to think how tragic it's going to be when I get older and the old ass women that are my age are going to look awful and unattractive. Something weird happens as you get older though...I still check out college age girls and stuff but they're starting to look "too young" to me and now I appreciate attractive women from like 28-45 the most now. It's kinda a relief to know that you won't turn into a total pervert.

Good morning everyone
like the old gin blossoms song taught me "if you don't expect too much from me you might not be let down"

you can't get much worse than our defense was last year. i promise we will be better than last year
No.. You really won't. I promise you. O'Neil is a hack.

Cleveland might because we have Horton back and under him, the defense at least looked semi-competent

This is funny because I say the same thing about the Browns....
Believe in Horton BG.. He will deliver with time, love, and tenderness.

Excited about Fuller and Braxton looks like he's going to produce from day one.

If nothing else, playing franchise with the Texans is going to be fun in Madden.
As long as he continues to polish his route running, he's like Ted Ginn in some ways.. He's not as fast and athletic as Ted was in school (who the fuck was?) But he has better hands than Ted.

Pretty much agree on both of these points for the Jags. Bortles is still unproven, he's not a dumpster fire but we really won't know what his ceiling is until this season begins and we see if he's really fixed his most glaring faults. And Bradley is likely gone after this season, even if the team is up to par to make a playoff (questionable, though much better looking than last year) he will fuck it up.
If Bradley can't make the playoffs within the next two seasons, than he really should be fired. It's not the talent there.. It's the coaching.

Happy Apathetic Sunday

grace3.gif

EDIT: wienke, her name is Grace Helbig
She is fun to watch on YouTube

bionic77

I love that y'all know my type.

Remember when Buckethead's type were voluptuous redheads? I miss that guy...

On a personal note, when I was younger I used to think how tragic it's going to be when I get older and the old ass women that are my age are going to look awful and unattractive. Something weird happens as you get older though...I still check out college age girls and stuff but they're starting to look "too young" to me and now I appreciate attractive women from like 28-45 the most now. It's kinda a relief to know that you won't turn into a total pervert.
Young bitches look way hotter than middle age women (not even a contest) but anyone who is honest knows it isn't going to work out when you want to talk about school districts and she is hot on the case of some Pokemon on her phone.

It just ain't right for men in their 30s and older to be messing with young ass girls. If you are doing that you better be paying their tuition or buying her a nice euro luxury car.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Young bitches look way hotter than middle age women (not even a contest) but anyone who is honest knows it isn't going to work out when you want to talk about school districts and she is hot on the case of some Pokemon on her phone.

It just ain't right for men in their 30s and older to be messing with young ass girls. If you are doing that you better be paying their tuition or buying her a nice euro luxury car.

Yeah maybe it's a subconscious thing knowing that you're going to be absolutely miserable engaging in conversation with them...on an intimate level anyway.

Plus there's just something kinda sexy about a woman in her 30s with her shit together and able to hold down intelligent conversations.

rando14

Braxton Miller is going to be a stud WR sooner more than later.

I would like to thank BG for letting us have him. <3

Nick Vannett and Tyvis Powell have also had great preseasons so far, I too am very thankful to BG for allowing us to have them, he is so kind to us :')

We did it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom