• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 6m6 minutes ago
Doing offseason review work...Bill Belichick the coach saves Bill Belichick the GM's ass a lot.

effzee

Eagles fans/fam - has DGB played at all yet in the pre-season? Is he supposed to play this upcoming preseason week 3 game?

Hindl

Eagles fan - has DGB played at all yet in the pre-season? Is he supposed to play this upcoming preseason week 3 game?

He was acquired just two days before the Steelers game, so he wasn't expected to play. He did play a few snaps though, was targeted twice. Once in the endzone where he was just way bigger than the CB, would've been an easy touchdown if Daniel threw it higher. Another time he did a curl and was slightly out of sync so didn't catch that either. He's expected to play more against the Colts this week. I think he may even be a starter so we'll see how he looks with Bradford.

Wes

venison crêpe
It's almost never worth it to actually go to a football game unless you are a diehard fan.

With the prices, traffic, and at Levi's the strong chance you will get stabbed in the dick, that shit is not for casuals.

This is the kind of advice I knew I would never find on TripAdvisor. Much obliged!

Striker

Victor Cruz expected to play this week vs. the goddam Jets. Gotta feel if he can't go, his chances of remaining on the team become grim.

3rd rd rookie FS Darian Thompson week to week, is expected to play vs. the Jerry's in Week 1.

effzee

He was acquired just two days before the Steelers game, so he wasn't expected to play. He did play a few snaps though, was targeted twice. Once in the endzone where he was just way bigger than the CB, would've been an easy touchdown if Daniel threw it higher. Another time he did a curl and was slightly out of sync so didn't catch that either. He's expected to play more against the Colts this week. I think he may even be a starter so we'll see how he looks with Bradford.

Nice.

Its bizarre that the Eagles have 2 of the top 5 WRs from the same draft class and both have looked mediocre to just ok so far.

If they pan out, in addition to Jordan Mathews and the TEs they have, Eagles could have a very good WR/TE corp. That is a big IF since DGB seems to have desire and effort issues and Agholor hasn't transitioned from college to pro yet but .... some hype and excitement if it pans out.

Of course with our luck Peters goes out by week 3 and with both starting LT and RTs out, Bradford is destroyed by week 6, Chase is destroyed by week 6.5, and Wentz era begins way too early.

bionic77

Bloodsport is one of the greatest movies ever made so it's harsh to expect him to top it. You wouldn't ask "Sure, Eli humiliated the evil Pats empire twice on the biggest stage of all but apart from that what did he ever do?".

We should sit back and marvel at the majesty of that movie and be thankful that we were alive to witness such a cinematic masterpiece.

Although his appearance in Expendables 2 was the absolute tits.
I agree with you.

My post was not meant to be insulting, just curious if he ever surpassed that masterpiece of cinema and art.

I only saw the first Expendables so I have some catching up to do!

I might be going to the 9ers/Cowboys game in October for my sisters b-day. I ain't scared of a 9ers fan tho, I grew up in the 90s when the raiders were here.

Hindl

Nice.

Its bizarre that the Eagles have 2 of the top 5 WRs from the same draft class and both have looked mediocre to just ok so far.

If they pan out, in addition to Jordan Mathews and the TEs they have, Eagles could have a very good WR/TE corp. That is a big IF since DGB seems to have desire and effort issues and Agholor hasn't transitioned from college to pro yet but .... some hype and excitement if it pans out.

Of course with our luck Peters goes out by week 3 and with both starting LT and RTs out, Bradford is destroyed by week 6, Chase is destroyed by week 6.5, and Wentz era begins way too early.

Yeah DGB has nothing but upside, but reports are that he doesn't work hard and is pretty dumb. Hopefully he's atonement for Cris Carter, but if he doesn't pan out I'm not too concerned.

With Agholor I just think he has a lack of confidence. Hopefully he can get some catches under his belt and Doug can use him well, he has the talent but he hasn't panned out. I hope he develops, but I'm mostly expecting JMatt and Ertz to be the only offense we'll keep around, and we'll just have to spend the next two drafts getting a new RB, WR and some more OL depth. Also hopefully Paul Turner develops into a solid WR3, but it's gonna be a bad year for the offense. Luckily with next year's RB draft we should be able to get a playmaker even in the second.

Congrats on the sex again Larry
Keep ya head up Dega

Bill the GM found Malcolm Hero

Bill the GM found some scrub motherfucker that Bill the Coach managed to put in the exact right position to intercept a badly thrown pass from a diva QB after a idiot offensive coordinator picked the worst possible play in the playbook because he wanted to look like a crazy genius.

QED

Bread

Banned
Bill the GM found some scrub motherfucker that Bill the Coach managed to put in the exact right position to intercept a badly thrown pass from a diva QB after a idiot offensive coordinator picked the worst possible play in the playbook because he wanted to look like a crazy genius.

QED
tfwespm.gif

That scrub motherfucker made the pro bowl you pig kissin drunk biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Nice.

Peters will last until week 10. Believe. Actually, I think half the reason Peters was out last season is because he didn't want to play for Chip toward the end of the season.

As for Agholor, I just can't comprehend how all talent evaluation of him could be that far off. He was projected to go about where he did in the draft. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that it really was a nagging high ankle sprain that did him in last season, and this season his struggles are about transitioning to the new offense. He made some catches that looked really good last game. The one drop he had was on a ball thrown so far behind him he had to slow his route to have any hope of trying to catch it. In general his routes looked better and his hands looked better in that game.

I don't know a ton about DGB, but whenever I hear rumors about work ethic I wonder how much of it is the player and how much of it is the leadership on the team being unable to get to a player. I guess we'll see how it goes, but if Chase Daniel knew how to throw a pass he'd have had a TD in that game. All he had to do was try to hit the back pylon and DGB would have caught it.

Bread, you and SD have been taking a lot of Ls recently....you need to get that place right or we'll find someone else that will. We'll ship you right back to the worst coast.

Striker

So that Josh Norman interview on ESPN magazine

“Redskins is not offensive to me. I’m part Native American on both my mom’s and my dad’s side. It’s kind of a funny thing, though. A redskin playing for the Redskins.”
Now that he’s out of Carolina, he feels even less constrained. The Panthers wanted him to tone down the trash-talk, and he reluctantly complied. But in Washington, there are no such restrictions. ... He knows that every comment might open him up to criticism, but he’s not holding back. As he has said: “That’s just not me, man. I’m not fake.”
The story takes readers on a romp through Paris with the two men, but this “not holding back” is a theme, from Norman calling himself “the best cornerback on earth” to saying his move from Carolina to Washington was “like going from a dictatorship to freedom.”
He said the team's conservative nature made him expendable.

"They kind of shunned me," he said. "They turned down a lot of stuff for me, interviews, sponsorship deals, stuff I didn't even know about. They wanted it to be about the two main guys, Cam [Newton] and Luke [Kuechly]."

Zeke

Dez and Norman twice a season should be fun too. This dude is gonna be a big distraction for the skins when he starts flapping his gums.

Roy Cummings‏@RCummingsNFL
Another miss for Aguayo. This one he kicked into the line. Overall, Aguayo was 3-for-6 on kicks in 11-on-11 work today. #Bucs

Tony Grossi
Tony Grossi – ‏@TonyGrossi

Ex #Buc PK Patrick Murray 4 for 4. Travis Coons 2 for 3. #brownskickers.
Browns/bucs joint practice

Hindl

Dez and Norman twice a season should be fun too. This dude is gonna be a big distraction for the skins when he starts flapping his gums.

Yeah Dez too but he'll be able to keep his cool more. I could see Norman really getting in OBJs head twice a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom