• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Fanto keep your Rams fans on check. Watched local ch 4 on the fight videos. Probably fighting over who was better, Roman Gabriel or Jim Everett

Norman's always been crazy.

But before last year no one put a microphone in his face because he wasn't relevant and last year the Dictatorship managed to keep him in check.

The Washington NFL Franchise got them a good one

Norman's always been crazy.

But before last year no one put a microphone in his face because he wasn't relevant and last year the Dictatorship managed to keep him in check.

The Washington NFL Franchise got them a good one

Reminds me of Brandon Spikes putting up a photoshopped version of himself on the 5 Years A Slave cover after he got cut by the Pats.

Dumb ass bitch

Colasante

Keep seeing locker room issues on twitter but it's on twitter so.......

No confidence? What is he? A kicker who was drafted in the 2ND round by the Bucs? Wimp.

Brady likes David Andrews better and since Stork wasn't going to win the starting center job, Belichick is releasing him now so he has time to latch on with another team.

MechDX

Brady likes David Andrews better and since Stork wasn't going to win the starting center job, Belichick is releasing him now so he has time to latch on with another team.

Wouldn't you want to keep him as insurance?

Still on his rookie deal correct? So he isn't expensive

Colasante

Wouldn't you want to keep him as insurance?

No, it's going to be a very tight battle for the Patriots' final 53 this year and Dante Scarnecchia doesn't want to rotate the offensive line as much as last year, so keeping a certified backup center around isn't the best use of a roster spot. I wish they'd have kept him til the end of the preseason at least, just in case, but Belichick is big on the idea of releasing veterans earlier so they have a better chance of catching on with a new team. And they have a rookie, Ted Karras, who'll probably be their backup center on the practice squad, so I'm sure they want to get him more reps and game action at the position.

bionic77

What is the average length of a FG kicker in the NFL?

I also wonder how many washed up MLS players go straight to the NFL to compete for a job as a FG kicker?

There are really no good jobs in the NFL, other than being owner. Coaches work themselves to death and have no lives. Most players get incredibly fucked up with injuries that will impact the rest of their lives to maybe get on the field for a handful of years. A lot of which will include brain trauma. Kickers don't get the injuries but have a monstrous amount of pressure on them. You basically have to be perfect all the time.

I guess punters are the one job that is probably the easiest to do, you won't get hit very often, and the pressure to perform is not nearly as great as being a kicker. It also seems like something you could train yourself to be very good at.

What is the average length of a FG kicker in the NFL?

I also wonder how many washed up MLS players go straight to the NFL to compete for a job as a FG kicker?

There are really no good jobs in the NFL, other than being owner. Coaches work themselves to death and have no lives. Most players get incredibly fucked up with injuries that will impact the rest of their lives to maybe get on the field for a handful of years. A lot of which will include brain trauma. Kickers don't get the injuries but have a monstrous amount of pressure on them. You basically have to be perfect all the time.

I guess punters are the one job that is probably the easiest to do, you won't get hit very often, and the pressure to perform is not nearly as great as being a kicker. It also seems like something you could train yourself to be very good at.

I would be an equipment manager.

bionic77

weinku would be a better scout.
"I am sorry you are not what we are looking for. Your breasts and ass are far too large and its just not what we are currently looking for in a cheerleader. We do not want that much shaking and jiggling going on in the routine. We want people to really focus on the dance moves and we feel that flat chested, pale blonde women are really best suited for that. I thank you for your time and professionalism and wish you the best of luck in the future."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom