• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Good read form NFL.com about Osweiler:

Everything is bigger in Texas

First part jumped out at me:

Brock Osweiler heard the gruff, gravelly voice in the background, then whirled to see the steely eyes of Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien barking orders. The more Osweiler watched the scene unfold, the more he was drawn to O'Brien's command of his team, the way the coach inspired the men hanging on his every word. There were countless other things Osweiler could've been doing on that day in early March as he contemplated whether he really was going to leave the Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos as an unrestricted free agent. Instead, he reached for his remote control, turned up the volume on his television and focused on an unexpected rerun of the Texans' 2015 appearance on the HBO series "Hard Knocks."

Osweiler already had a good feeling about the Texans. However, he also understood that, because of timing, he'd never have a chance to meet with any of the team's decision makers before potentially signing a deal. So he grinned as O'Brien pushed his team in the midst of grueling practices. He nodded in approval when the coach emphasized his lofty expectations. This was critical research for a player who already had quizzed former Texans and diligently studied the Houston offense because, as Osweiler recently said, "There was definitely a lot of faith involved in this."

Personally I think this got Brock all hot n bothered:

627_r08ans.jpg

DMczaf

Just left the doctors office. Looks like I'm gonna have a FUCKING GOD DAMN AWFUL KICKERFUCK THIS MOTHERFUCKER I HOPE HIS HOME BURNS TO THE FUCKING GROUND GOD DAMN IT I HATE FOOTBALL

Bread

Banned
Just left the doctors office. Looks like I'm gonna have a FUCKING GOD DAMN AWFUL KICKERFUCK THIS MOTHERFUCKER I HOPE HIS HOME BURNS TO THE FUCKING GROUND GOD DAMN IT I HATE FOOTBALL
It's ok bud, you've always got your Breadstream stock!

Tom Penny

There are plenty of kickers available. You can basically get and find one anytime. Not sure why you're stressing.

MechDX

I cant bring myself to give DM shit anymore.

squeeeeeee it out DM!

bionic77

That's fine (I won't know if I work my retail job that saturday till Thursday). If I work then, I'll just autodraft and hope that God doesn't kick me in the crotch.

pls god don't

Man, you're old..
It's an inside joke for intelligent people with fine sensibilities.

I fully expected it to go right over your pointy little head.

Beach

The St Louis Rams last preseason game TV rating:
LA:3.4
Stl: 3.2

Kind of a shame, not seeing much excitement for them by the locals at all

Should have been the Raiders :(

JABEE

Okay, everybody. The preseason is now officially over!

Catching up on Hard Knocks from last week....Fisher reminds me of that old HS coach that was just cashing in paychecks and couldn't care less what his students were doing.

So what are the odds of jimmy graham getting healthy and not ending up like Cruz? Carroll says he's progressing well, he'll probably miss week 1 against the pescados but they took him off pup so he should be ready before week 6... Hopefully it all goes well.

cdyhybrid

So what are the odds of jimmy graham getting healthy and not ending up like Cruz? Carroll says he's progressing well, he'll probably miss week 1 against the pescados but they took him off pup so he should be ready before week 6... Hopefully it all goes well.

I'll believe he's recovered when I see him on the field. I'm not expecting him to be the same athlete he used to be.

I want to take this time to say Joe Thomas made a Twitter on a bet, and it's pretty damn funny.
https://mobile.twitter.com/joethomas73

While on the topic of Joe! ....

the Joe Thomas Hour (it's really only a couple mins): it's pretty much just Joe being silly asking questions of teammates. Can be pretty entertaining. Olympic Editon
http://youtu.be/tsoUd_dV1E8

I'm gonna miss basically the whole season, so hopefully he's still healthy when I get back *hangs up 88 jersey*
Air Force?

cdyhybrid

I'm gonna miss basically the whole season, so hopefully he's still healthy when I get back *hangs up 88 jersey*

We don't need him to be a home run threat like he was in NOLA. If he can be a steady, consistent safety valve for Russell - particularly in the red zone with his size and veteran savvy - we'll be alright.

Willson can be a deep threat and Vannett might surprise in that realm as well.

We don't need him to be a home run threat like he was in NOLA. If he can be a steady, consistent safety valve for Russell - particularly in the red zone with his size and veteran savvy - we'll be alright.

Willson can be a deep threat and Vannett might surprise in that realm as well.
Yeah I've been hearing for a few weeks now that Vennett has some good hands. I'm assuming he's gonna be Lukes replacement since his contract is almost up.

Good luck bud. Hope you can achieve all your goals
Thanks! New chapter in life, just gotta take advantage of all the opportunities and work hard. Luckily I'll be back in time to see the last few games and the playoffs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom