• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

I hope he has some nastiness to him because the interior of the Skins like is passive.

He does, and when he's on he's a good center. The problem is he's inconsistent especially after the concussions he had. That's one thing I would keep an eye out for. He's had concussion problems the last two years. He's hot and cold with the potential to be a really solid center.

Colasante

Nah he's average. Can't expect him to be great at everything. He hit a snag for a couple of years, but he's filled out the roster nicely.

Average? Give me a break. Who are the superior GMs to Belichick in the league? The only GMs consistently on his level are Schneider, Keim, Gettleman, and Tobin. You could argue that Spielman is getting there. Ozzie used to be elite but has been in decline the past several seasons.

cdyhybrid

1WC9YBL.jpg

Holy shit. Never start a business.

Yeah dude, not taking a hit to profits and likely setting your team up to move to a more profitable market is a terrible idea. If Bosa doesn't get picked in the top ten next draft he's out $10m over the duration of his rookie contract. Who has a better chance of recouping their costs?

Also, you want to compare bankrolls before you go making ad hominem attacks about my business acumen?

SonnyBoy

He does, and when he's on he's a good center. The problem is he's inconsistent especially after the concussions he had. That's one thing I would keep an eye out for. He's had concussion problems the last two years. He's hot and cold with the potential to be a really solid center.

Thanks for the insight. For them to make this trade, I figured that's what he must possess. Hopefully this guy can remain healthy, most importantly for his own benefit.

edit: just saw that he's possibly retiring. It might be for the best but worth a try for a conditional 7th.

SonnyBoy

Average? Give me a break. Who are the superior GMs to Belichick in the league? The only GMs consistently on his level are Schneider, Keim, Gettleman, and Tobin. You could argue that Spielman is getting there. Ozzie used to be elite but has been in decline the past several seasons.

I'd argue that Scot McCloughan of the Redskins is up there. He was in GreenBay during the Farve years. He built the 49ers squad for Harbaugh and was a key cog in the assembly of the Seahawks SB winning squad.

He's already turned the Redskins roster around in 2 years. We'll see if it translates to the win column.

Additionally, he was outsourcing his expertise to teams privately when he left the NFL for a year.

Duxxy3

@RCummingsNFL
Another miss for Aguayo. This one he kicked into the line. Overall, Aguayo was 3-for-6 on kicks in 11-on-11 work today. #Bucs

#Pray4DM

Colasante

I'd argue that Scot McCloughan of the Redskins is up there. He was in GreenBay during the Farve years. He built the 49ers squad for Harbaugh and was a key cog in the assembly of the Seahawks SB winning squad.

He's already turned the Redskins roster around in 2 years. We'll see if it translates to the win column.

Additionally, he was outsourcing his expertise to teams privately when he left the NFL for a year.

Completely agree, McCloughan is a stud GM. I've loved most everything he's done in Washington, save for the weak RB corps this season.

@RCummingsNFL
Another miss for Aguayo. This one he kicked into the line. Overall, Aguayo was 3-for-6 on kicks in 11-on-11 work today. #Bucs

#Pray4DM

I laughed so hard when he missed the XP in the first preseason game.

Now I just feel really sorry for him.

#TeamAguayo

#I'mWithDM

TheFatOne

As someone who has been living under a rock the last couple of months can anyone explain the Bosa situation to me. It seems like the Chargers are just being the Chargers from the outside looking in, and now they have decided to wage the pr war in order to not look like shit in the eyes of Charger fans.
I blame a lot of this on our failed offensive line coach, but...

http://insidethepylon.com/film-stud...6/02/01/bryan-storks-head-bob-costs-patriots/

This is a coaching failure, but Stork was up and down. Could have been due to coaching, but he deserves a large portion of the blame pie.

SonnyBoy

Completely agree, McCloughan is a stud GM. I've loved most everything he's done in Washington, save for the weak RB corps this season.

Yeah, they're definitely a question mark. But the offensive line is more adept at pass-pro. The center and left guard are soft as sh**. Luvao isn't too bad when healthy but there's no depth behind him that's worth a damn.

bionic77

I said talk to my lawyer not order a pizza

this is why i fired you
You didn't fire nothing, I quit bitch! Now give me my money! We are thinking of upgrading the RX and that shit ain't cheap!

And I got through to your "lawyer". Wanting to be a lawyer does not make a lawyer in any state other than Florida. But this ain't Florida. And Donny (the made up name for your made up lawyer in this made up drama) delivers pizzas!

@RCummingsNFL

#Pray4DM
No

I laughed so hard when he missed the XP in the first preseason game.

Now I just feel really sorry for him.

#TeamAguayo
Yeah.. I am starting to feel bad for him. I agree with about everything..

#I'mWithDM
but not this part.. #FuckDM :)

cdyhybrid

As someone who has been living under a rock the last couple of months can anyone explain the Bosa situation to me. It seems like the Chargers are just being the Chargers from the outside looking in, and now they have decided to wage the pr war in order to not look like shit in the eyes of Charger fans.

This is a coaching failure, but Stork was up and down. Could have been due to coaching, but he deserves a large portion of the blame pie.
The way I understand it, the team wants him to give up some contract details/options/language/whatever that pretty much no one drafted that highly is ever asked to give up.

MechDX

Jeff McLaneVerified account
‏@Jeff_McLane
#Eagles QBs handed out hats that read " Routes" to the WRs.

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 26m26 minutes ago
Benjamin Allbright Retweeted Jeff McLane
NFL WR I just talked to said "If Sam freaking Bradford or Chase Daniel handed me that garbage, I'd deck them"

Eagles. :jnc

Just saw that Chargers news. lmfao

Like I said. They've got a vote in November. Fucking lol if they think it's going their way after literally every fucking thing they've done the past year and a half

TheFatOne

The way I understand it, the team wants him to give up some contract details/options/language/whatever that pretty much no one drafted that highly is ever asked to give up.

Ahh this makes sense. It also makes the pr statement that cam out today look like the bullshit I already thought it was. Interesting that they only really mention up front money in the first year, but never talk about the details. I hope he reenters the draft as a fuck you to the Chargers. Although, reading a Chargers forum it looks like the pr bullshit worked exactly as intended. The argument I always find hilarious is when someone brings up how it's a privileged to play in the NFL therefore he should just suck it up and play. Like if Bosa just woke up one day and was drafted as if the years of hard work and sacrifice somehow didn't exist. Players should always look out for themselves because no one else will. He should try and get every single penny he can.

Chargers want to give him $10 mil of the signing bonus in late Dec and the other $7 mil in early March when the next league year starts. Bosa wants the whole bonus now

Since the new CBA was put in place, every top 5 pick has either gotten the full signing bonus upfront or the offset language removed. 2016 Chargers want to do neither, and there is no good or not-evil explanation possible for why

TheFatOne

Am I crazy thinking that the Bosa situation is going to make it harder for the Chargers to draft top 5 players in future years even though their reputation is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom