• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what we got in return? Maybe Brady to be RG3s backup.

I've been saying for a few days though Mingo probably wasn't making the team. So I guess nice that we'll get something
brady

Bread

Banned
The more I think about this, the more I believe it was a GM Bill decision. Coach Bill is probably happy with who he has now and GM Bill wants more athleticism at the OLB position.

Colasante

All I know is that I'm going to be pissed if Mingo bumps Trey Flowers off the roster. I don't think it will happen after Flowers' preseason, but it will be interesting to see whose spot Mingo takes on the 53.

Farooq

Banned
Great article farooq.

I just don't see how you can have draft clearly dumb QBs like Goff so high when you need to be really smart to read coverages week to week in the NFL these days.

I think more than anything it is about processing things quickly. Defenses arn't really that difficult to figure out, most disguses are really to make a QB a half second late. Imo, quick processing that is needed for the NFL is hard to quantify or evaluate.

Edit: Last part of the Ryan interview touched on this. When you think about what a QB has to process (quickly) and still physically deliver the ball, it is awesome.

TheFatOne

No, apparently Belichick has coveted Mingo for some time. He was dangled as trade bait last midseason, but I'm guessing the price was too high. And while he definitely was too light in the past, if he's legitimately at 251 he'll be fine. Akeem Ayers looks light too and he worked well as a pass rusher at 254.

Good points didn't know about Bills interest. Low risk move on a guy you like is pretty good. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
All I know is that I'm going to be pissed if Mingo bumps Trey Flowers off the roster. I don't think it will happen after Flowers' preseason, but it will be interesting to see whose spot Mingo takes on the 53.

Same. Guy has earned a spot on the roster.

Fantomex

Great article farooq.

I just don't see how you can have draft clearly dumb QBs like Goff so high when you need to be really smart to read coverages week to week in the NFL these days.

Get to see both my Cowboys (with Zeke!) and my boy Trevone Boykin play tonight at the same time

#blessed

Hi Croc.

You probably thought it was cool to make fun of my 2016 #1 Draft Pick, 6"4, 220, From Cal, Jared Goff, Quarterback of the Los Angeles Rams? Well I'm here to tell you that first, he's not dumb. He scored a 36 on his wonderlic test, which is the around the same range that Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers scored. Secondly, I would like to remind you that your QB is Tony Romo. Yes, the Tony Romo who has hundreds of thousands of memes regarding his ineptitude, poor decision making, idiocy and glass frame. In closing, shut your stupid mouth you stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

With all due respect of course.

Bread

Banned
We've had 2 posts in the last 20 minutes talking about wonderlic scores like they mean something

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

By far my fav so far <3 http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-cincinnati-bengals-1785734660

I spent the night of Jan. 9 - and slices of the morning of Jan. 10 - defending Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones. I even blamed the penalty calls on the systemic racism of the American justice system. I was so belligerent that a Twitter bot called “Shut the Fuck Up and Go to Bed” told me to shut the fuck up and go to bed. And I deserved it.

I’m so sad.
Ohio is the birthplace of professional football, and it’s where it has chosen to die.

The owner doesn’t want the league’s revenue stream to grow because he doesn’t want to spend more of that money on players. He’s been enriching himself on the back of Hamilton County for years, and believes he’s earned it by being the son of Paul Brown.

Cincinnati wishes it could be in the South so badly. It’s the only perma-grey Rust Belt city that wishes it could fly a Confederate flag. Bengals players can’t shop in the metro area without getting racially profiled. Most of the town’s best exports are bands that often sing about how bombed out Cincinnati is.

We got rid of the only player who could throw a deep ball (it was a wide receiver), we don’t have any cornerbacks who can backpedal, and I’m pretty sure this is the year where the abyss finally stares back into A.J. Green. Andy Dalton can’t even keep track of his damn luggage.
So many demons would have been exorcised with that one victory, and in like three minutes, it evaporated into nothing.
The Cincinnati Bengals are the least popular team in a division full of murderers, rapists, and the Browns.
I have been a Bengals fan since 1994, and my happiest moment as a fan of this perpetual shitshow was right before we let the Steelers drive down the field with the assistance of two consecutive unsportsmanlike conduct penalties to beat us in the 2015-16 playoffs. My happiest Bengals moment involves AJ Fucking McCarron. That is the epitome of sadness.

Fuck Marvin Lewis forever.
I shouldn’t have to talk about why the Bengals suck anymore. It’s like deciding to explain to someone the plot of Saw VI. We know what it is already. It’s the same movie as the last five, just a little bit worse.

We cruised through another the regular season all the while talking about ending a 483-year long playoff winless drought, and then go on to yet again step on a rake and hit ourselves in the face as soon as the playoffs start.
In 2002, the Browns lost when a late unsportsmanlike conduct penalty moved their opponent into field goal range, letting them kick a game-winning field goal.

In 2015, the Bengals lost when two late unsportsmanlike conduct penalties moved their division rival opponent into field goal range, letting them kick a playoff-game-winning field goal.

We out-Clevelanded Cleveland.
The Bengals continually find new and inventive ways to disappoint me every year. I knew they would disappoint me again this past season, so I told myself “You know what this year, I’m just not going to give a shit until they prove me otherwise.”

So the Bengals tried to trick me early by going on an 8-0 winning streak, and yet every week I posted the same apathetic response to every victory: “Well, that was nice but I know something horrible is in the near future.” And every time, my friends, who are either Niners or Raiders fans for the most part since I live in California, would tell me I’m being “overly dramatic” or “they’re actually good this year, stop complaining” or “They might actually win the Super Bowl.”

But they didn’t understand. I knew deep down in my heart that they would disappoint me sooner or later and that the Bengals would once again reveal to me that they were in fact the Bungles as they’ve always been, but even I could not have predicted how much they would break my heart in their final game of the year.

I went into that playoff game expecting the very worst. I was preparing for it like Mike Nelson and the MST3k crew prepare to watch a bad movie; just laugh my ass off at their inadequacies yet again, then drink myself silly later. I mean shit, Dalton wasn’t playing (who somehow became an actually not terrible QB last season) and it was the big bad Steelers who were artists when it came to crushing the dreams of every Bengals fan in the country. But something strange happened; they were actually in the fucking game! I was shocked and completely forgot my vow not to get invested until they proved me wrong. Then AJ Fucking McCarron of all people got the lead with less than two minutes to play, then Vontaze got the interception the very next Steeler drive! I was losing my mind!

But very distantly I could hear that voice in the back of my head going, “They’re going to Bungle it” and sure enough the very next play Jeremy Hill, who had had problems with holding onto the football all season, fumbled the fucking ball, losing no time off the clock and Ben Rothlisberger comes back into the game.

But it wasn’t enough for the Steelers to drive down the field and win it. The Bengals had to gift wrap it for them.

Only the Bengals, in a game where I had zero expectations could make me so fucking infuriated that I could even be fiercely enraged and disappointed by a game I knew they would fucking lose.
Our coach is entering his 16th year with the team and still hasn’t won a playoff game. I’m a married, middle-aged man—I was in the 4th grade when we last won one.

Hi Croc.

You probably thought it was cool to make fun of my 2016 #1 Draft Pick, 6"4, 220, From Cal, Jared Goff, Quarterback of the Los Angeles Rams? Well I'm here to tell you that first, he's not dumb. He scored a 36 on his wonderlic test, which is the around the same range that Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers scored. Secondly, I would like to remind you that your QB is Tony Romo. Yes, the Tony Romo who has hundreds of thousands of memes regarding his ineptitude, poor decision making, idiocy and glass frame. In closing, shut your stupid mouth you stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

I'm sorry but you're probably going to see Tony Romo sitting in the analyst chair a few years from now meanwhile your boy Goff didn't even know what direction the sun rises in!

I'm sorry but you're probably going to see Tony Romo sitting in the analyst chair a few years from now meanwhile your boy Goff didn't even know what direction the sun rises in!

That's such a dumb question. When the such rises, he goes up into the sky! It's even called a sun rise!

Farooq

Banned

ByQSoLU.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Will Brinson Verified account
&#8207;@WillBrinson

Browns 1st-round picks 2011-15:

Phil Taylor
Trent Richardson
Brandon Weeden
B. Mingo
Justin Gilbert
Johnny Manziel
Danny Shelton
Cam Erving

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Hi Croc.

Romo scored a 37

We actually were able to get something for Mingo? Oh my god..

Floy's boy!?!?!?!?

We did it!!!!
Fuck you for giving me him.. He is really Kave's boy.

Fuck you too Gata by the way since I didn't quote your post and am too lazy to go back and grab it.

Apparently Barkevious Mingo worked out with a bodybuilding granny this offseason, which helped him raise his weight from 227 pounds to 251 pounds. Good to hear. I have zero expectations for him but I'd love to see him become another Belichick reclamation project.
that's good. so did I when we drafted him

can't wait for the Browns to trade Joe Thomas to the Pats.
Ban this filthy degenerate please

I am shocked that GM Bill decided to take him. Just because Sheard and Dion paid off doesn't mean our sloppy seconds are gonna continue to pay dividends Bill.

Linebacker John Simon fined $18K for roughing the passer on Drew Brees.

1f640.png
my boy John Simon :)

So Yanet has partnered with a sports clothing line....
Nice.. Even Ez would approve

If Mingo sucks, floyd becomes the property of patriots gaf
You really want me? Do you really want that?

We're doing it!
I've been getting better and you do me like this?

#FuckBG

KingBroly

Banned
I think those Vegas Stadium Renders look awesome.

I also think the Las Vegas Raiders would be the "PERFECT" fuck you to the NFL from the biggest "fuck you" team in NFL history, the Raiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom