• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently my suit pants don't fit (fucking Midwest diet already making me into Freeman).

So I just aced an interview with my pants undone and nobody was the wiser.

I figure gotor, trejo, Dutch, and any of you other degenerates would have been proud of me.

Why would I be proud of this?

You were probably still wearing your shirt.

Wait you think Romo had a successful career. jnc

lucille-portable.gif

BigAT

Wait you think Romo had a successful career. jnc

I know it can't compare to all the successful quarterbacks the Eagles have had recently, but I would say he's had at least 5-6 years where he's been a top 10 QB. I would certainly consider that having some individual success in the NFL.

Pepiope

I know it can't compare to all the successful quarterbacks the Eagles have had recently, but I would say he's had at least 5-6 years where he's been a top 10 QB. I would certainly consider that having some individual success in the NFL.
McNabb >>>>> Romo.

My mistake, for some reason I could have sworn you were in the EZ camp of playoff success is the only success.

squicken

Since 2012, SF has drafted 8 players with pre-existing ACL injuries. They've gotten one start so far from that group. I remember Baalke getting a lot of praise for taking some of these risks. The thought being SF had no holes, lots of picks, so the risk was worth it

49ers ACL picks:
Fleming - Cut
Carradine - TBD
Lattimore - Retired
Thomas - Traded
Reaser - TBD
Millard - Cut
Smelter - TBD
Redmond - TBD

Doomsayer

Since 2012, SF has drafted 8 players with pre-existing ACL injuries. They've gotten one start so far from that group. I remember Baalke getting a lot of praise for taking some of these risks. The thought being SF had no holes, lots of picks, so the risk was worth it

For some reason, unbeknownst to me, Baalke has gotten no grief from the media about this. I mean, obviously no way he could've foresaw half of the starting defense retiring in a span of two years but he has a penchant for drafting underperforming players. He is also really bad at evaluating receivers.

He is also pretty much the reason Harbaugh is no longer here. Basically, fuck Trent Baalke.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

In the end, Chargers got some of what they wanted from Joey Bosa and he got some of what he wanted from them. A compromise. As it should be.

BigAT

My mistake, for some reason I could have sworn you were in the EZ camp of playoff success is the only success.

I tend to be when it comes to teams (though perhaps not quite to the extreme he is) but I can certainly recognize individual talent in spite of that. Put it this way, over the years how many teams would have murdered someone to have Romo as their QB?

Romo is not a HOF qb. Dunno why anyone thinks he is.

Who the hell said he was?

I tend to be when it comes to teams (though perhaps not quite to the extreme he is) but I can certainly recognize individual talent in spite of that. Put it this way, how many teams would have murdered someone to have Romo as their QB?

Who the hell said he was?

Oh he is extremely talented, and was very productive when healthy, but it feels weird to say that his career is a success at this point. His teams never won more then one playoff game in any season that he was the QB. I know that isnt all his fault, and he had some very poor coaches and an owner for his GM.

He's looked good and is finally healthy, so good sign.

Moves soon.

Casillas was all over the place against the Jets. Good news.

White wasn't making the roster so, probably part of the first round of cuts for tomorrow.

WR's looking like: Beckham, Sterling Shephard, Cruz, Dwayne Harris, Geremy Davis and Tavarris King

That's my guess. Roger Lewis to the practice squad if no one grabs him.

This is all just too soon. Please have some compassion :'(.

Thank you all non-Philly/Racist fans for supporting me, Chris, and all of Cowboys-GAF during this difficult time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Romo is not a HOF qb. Dunno why anyone thinks he is.

He's kinda on the border for me. His injury history and lack of ability to consistently break into the top 3 QBs year after year keeps him out (like ring less Marino). His stats are pretty fantastic and he might be the best regular season quarterback (besides Drew Bledsoe) to not be in the Hall of Very Good. I'm sure Felipe Rio will be right there on the outside also.

McNabb >>>>> Romo.

Ehhhhh

That's a pretty even debate honestly if you equally weigh stats and playoff performances.

Troy Aikman is in the HOF and and Romo is exponentially better than he was so that don't mean shit.

Joe Namath makes everything moot.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
AP Entertainment Verified account
‏@APEntertainment

BREAKING: Gene Wilder, star of ‘Willy Wonka’ and Mel Brooks comedies, is dead at 83, his family says.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
AP Entertainment Verified account
‏@APEntertainment

BREAKING: Gene Wilder, star of ‘Willy Wonka’ and Mel Brooks comedies, is dead at 83, his family says.

RIP to a legend

He was 83 so it's hard to add it to the pile of other untimely celebrity deaths. That's a decently long life.

So bosa missed all of training camp and 3 preseason games. That's gonna hurt his rookie year

He's playing defensive end and he is known as a pass rusher. They will just have him in on obvious passing downs and he will be fine.

Plenty of time to learn the full playbook and run defense to get on the field full time in the season. Lots of pass rushers start that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom