• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Kinda seems like Carson Wentz is injury prone and doesn't heal all that fast

I think it's a bit too early to say he's injury prone. I guess his rib hasn't healed as fast as one would like, but ribs can be very finicky and the Eagles are being extra cautious with him, as they should be.

Ian Rapoport
Ian Rapoport – Verified account ‏@RapSheet

The #Browns have traded P Andy Lee to the #Panthers, source said.
Oh god noooooooooooooo! Andy shoulda made that tackle on Friday, Grovo dosent deserve this -__-

Eagles...

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 2m2 minutes ago
Mike Garafolo Retweeted Chris O'Connell
This is accurate. Tavarres now plans to stand, according to his agent Corey Williams.

UPDATE:Agent for @Eagles rookie Myke Tavarres tells me his client "Will stand for national anthem". Reversing what he said in @espn report

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

I mean 2011 Andy Lee was on some historic shit but he's not that great now.

Certainly not 4th round pick great

MechDX

Darren Urban ✔ @Cardschatter
Arians reaction to Devin Still's hit on Carson Palmer that knocked Palmer's helmet off: "Don't throw an interception."
2:26 PM - 29 Aug 2016

Love Bruce Arians.

Resigning Brad Nortman would have had a smaller cap hit and no loss of a 4th compared to trading for Lee.

This reeks of a desperation move from David "The Answer's on the Roster" Gettleman after he saw the punting position going way worse than he could have anticipated.

Bowser

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

I mean 2011 Andy Lee was on some historic shit but he's not that great now.

Certainly not 4th round pick great

I've calmed down a bit on this. A 4th from us is closer to a 5th than a 4th. Plus it's the year after next so for valuation purposes you discount it another round. So really it's like a 6th.

And a Browns 7th is basically a 6th anyway. So it's a wash. And Lee's still good and his field position game works much better with a stout defensive team like his old 49ers squads or this current Carolina team, not a team like the Browns that can't stop anyone if their life depended on it.

So I'm neutral on it now I guess. Still a sort of dumb trade tho when it's likely the Broncos are just gonna cut Colquitt and we probably could have picked him up off the street next week.

Browns cut Paul Kruger, didn't see that one coming.

Also Browns have a new kicker, with is Dms old kicker.....Before the whole 2nd round kicker unpleasantness
:)

Lol Grossi always manages to be the saltiest fish in the sea. Squickens undisputed number 1 boy.
I hate that man so much

and thus my racism has ended.
Did it though?

I know this isn't the right thread, but I'd appreciate some hot GAF takes on my fantasy team this year:

12 team standard 1 QB

QB: Philip Rivers, Andy Dalton, Tony Romo (accidentally auto drafted Romo)
RB: Gurley, CJ Anderson, Rashad Jennings, Isaiah Cromwell, Jordan Howard
WR: Sammy Watkins, Eric Decker, Donte Moncrief, DeVante Parker,
TE: Coby Fleener
K:Adam Vinatieri
D/ST: Cardinals
It looks solid to me.

Floy and all follow me in the quest to 8-8
tumblr_nnn1b2Z8RL1rftz4fo1_400.gif

I also must specify that this not a cult, I repeat not a cult!
I believe that we will reach the promised land one day BG.

AP Entertainment Verified account
‏@APEntertainment

BREAKING: Gene Wilder, star of ‘Willy Wonka’ and Mel Brooks comedies, is dead at 83, his family says.
:(

traded their Punter and 4th round for Lee and 7th round

Lee got more for them than Mingo
Because he's not hot garbage compared to Mingo. I'm okay with this.

Gigglepoo

I've calmed down a bit on this. A 4th from us is closer to a 5th than a 4th. Plus it's the year after next so for valuation purposes you discount it another round. So really it's like a 6th.

And a Browns 7th is basically a 6th anyway. So it's a wash. And Lee's still good and his field position game works much better with a stout defensive team like his old 49ers squads or this current Carolina team, not a team like the Browns that can't stop anyone if their life depended on it.

So I'm neutral on it now I guess. Still a sort of dumb trade tho when it's likely the Broncos are just gonna cut Colquitt and we probably could have picked him up off the street next week.

It went from being a 4th Round Pick for a 7th Rounder to both teams swapping 6ths? That's some impressive gymnastics.

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 32m32 minutes ago
New Panthers punter Andy Lee got ripped by coach Browns coach Who Jackson for not making a tackle on 73-yard punt return in Friday loss.

Hmmm

A punter not legging it out to tackle a punt returner in a meaningless preseason game does raise some serious character questions...

clav

Siemian named Broncos week 1 starter.

A QB with no NFL record is starting for the defending Super Bowl Champs and played for a tiny college team in the B1G in a non remarkable career as a second QB.

Let that sink into your head.

I'm excited.

A QB with no record in the NFL is starting for the defending Super Bowl Champs and played for a tiny college team in the B1G in a non remarkable career as a second QB.

I'm excited.

I am too, this is gonna be a shitshow

Hopefully now Pepi knows how bad the Sanchez/Bradford Eagles really were. Half of them already guaranteed aren't better than a guy who has never played, and you know the other half would be too

Gigglepoo

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 32m32 minutes ago
New Panthers punter Andy Lee got ripped by coach Browns coach Who Jackson for not making a tackle on 73-yard punt return in Friday loss.

Hmmm

A punter not legging it out to tackle a punt returner in a meaningless preseason game does raise some serious character questions...

There are punters, kickers, and quaterbacks who won't make a tackle in a playoff game. I'd be more livid if one of those players tried to do something that stupid in a preseason game than if they passively watched. The hell is wrong with Hue Jackson?

A QB with no record in the NFL is starting for the defending Super Bowl Champs and played for a tiny college team in the B1G in a non remarkable career as a second QB.

I'm excited.
To be fair to Siemian.. He was a good QB for Northwestern as far as Northwestern standards go which were below cellar level before Fitzpatrick became coach

Mingo has actual nfl coaches instead of those clowns in Cleveland
Polish a turd.. It's still a turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom