• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

I am too, this is gonna be a shitshow

Hopefully now Pepi knows how bad the Sanchez/Bradford Eagles really were. Half of them already guaranteed aren't better than a guy who has never played, and you know the other half would be too

Let's see if he can hold to the great legend of his alma mater.

D58gtVj.jpg

To be fair to Siemian.. He was a good QB for Northwestern as far as Northwestern standards go which were below cellar level before Fitzpatrick became coach

I think the problem for Northwestern has always been linemen. You notice Siemian's entire career involved scrambling as he had no pass protection.

Everyone still thanks him as one of the people in the team for saving the bowl selection when his crew took down ND.

Gigglepoo

A QB with no NFL record is starting for the defending Super Bowl Champs and played for a tiny college team in the B1G in a non remarkable career as a second QB.

Let that sink into your head.

I'm excited.

The last time the Broncos were in this situation (1999), there was that camp battle between Bubby Brister and Brian Griese. Bubby pitched a fit when Griese was given the starting job. I don't know which Broncos team is in a worse QB position.

Line_HTX

As feard, Cardinals CB Mike Jenkins out for season with ACL after what looked like a harmless cut trying to tackle.

Man, seeing that just makes me sick more than the hard hits.

Bread

Banned
randy did the ohio air smell sweet? were you given a complimentary bottle of michelob ultra upon landing like BG promised?

clav

The last time the Broncos were in this situation (1999), there was that camp battle between Bubby Brister and Brian Griese. Bubby pitched a fit when Griese was given the starting job. I don't know which Broncos team is in a worse QB position.

Interesting.

That's true. He would do a lot of option in college so he was used to moving and being on the go as well as shit lineman.

Siemian also had a problem of locking down on his receivers. Look at his eyes when he throws, and the entire defense if they are watching knows who he is throwing the ball. He just stares.

I think I saw one or two glimpses of him doing that in these preseason games. He's been almost picked off for a couple of throws and one taken for a Pick 6.

We shall see how he plays once the season begins next week. Broncos fans will have to trust Elway and Kubiak on what they are doing.

Vikes shopping John Sullivan. Sounds like he's lost the competition with Berger.

Seems really silly to unload him when our Oline depth is garbage to begin with.

rando14

randy did the ohio air smell sweet? were you given a complimentary bottle of michelob ultra upon landing like BG promised?

As soon as I stepped off the plane my nostrils were bombarded with a kind of sweet, bacon-y smell, along with a hint of rich mahogany

I was immediately given a replica Cav Championship trophy by Lebong himself too!!

Bitanator

Gene Wilder, RIP man you were one funny motherfucker. I think my favorite film of his was See No Evil Hear No Evil with Richard Pryor, that scene when he is sporting a boner is an all time classic

MechDX

#FreeTannehill

Free him to do what? be a small handed, freakish QB elsewhere?

Jane Slater ‏@SlaterNFL 2m2 minutes ago
Denver has contacted Dallas about a trade for Mark Sanchez. The Cowboys are not interested in a trade if it involves his current salary.
7 retweets 1 like

Wonder if Chris would become a Sanchez fanatic if he goes to Dallas?

Hindl

I wouldn't wish Sanchez as a starter on anyone. Dude seems like a real nice guy but holy shit is it bad watching him play football

What are your thoughts on him?

2 sacks in 18 games and bad at setting the edge, very outspoken in social media but very friendly, hard working dude. We tried him at LB last year and didn't cut it and we are "deep" at DE so he was odd man out, he was getting cut regardless.

Edit: Select quotes from people I look too for good player evaluation.

@DolphinsTalk now31 seconds ago
I really don't get the Chris McCain love. Aside from blocking one kick once a couple years back, he did nothing else!! Marginal NFL player

@NFLFilmStudy 1h1 hour ago
The legend of Chris McCain being good fascinates me. Hasn't been productive or show much on the field. Just practice, apparently.

Hey guys whats going on?

Floyd how are our Buckeyes looking this season? #BasedMyer
The talent is there.. But lack a lot of experience obviously. I think they can win the conference still with the talent they have been recruiting.

I have them winning 10 games and dropping three (Oklahoma, Wisconsin (that home field advantage at night with folks from Milwaukee being all loaded up.. It's not going to be easy), and Michigan) worst to winning the division and conference at best.

They have two weeks of warm-ups with Bowling Green and Tulsa.. And then Squicken's University 1 at week 3. If they win that, they can beat anyone on the schedule.

RBH

Get ready.

giphy.gif

One of the lowest points of my Falcons fandom was watching Geno and the Jets beat the Falcons on MNF live in person at the Dome a few years ago. Such a pathetic effort all around from the Falcons. Good thing I got trashed in the parking lot prior to the game in order to numb the pain a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom