• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy....

Sielski: Eagles making sure Kendricks gets the message

Kendricks needs the wake up call. He's a fine player, he just needs to get over sitting out every time he has a bruise. But I don't think this article is fully on point. Kendricks barely played any time in the preseason, but has been healthy for two weeks. It makes sense for him to play, but not Jordan Matthews who has only been healthy for a week.

RobParker.png

Hindl

Oh boy....

Sielski: Eagles making sure Kendricks gets the message

Seems like a manufactured controversy. He hasn't played at all this preseason and didn't play well last season. He's in a new scheme and they need to see how he does. And he does need to prove himself, he lost a step last year. It's fine to play him, he needs practice reps before the regular season and Schwartz needs to see what type of player he is.

Wait, we let Nortman go because we weren't willing to match Jacksonville's offer, but we sign Andy Lee who's owed even more money and gave up a 4th round pick? 7th rounder we got back means nothing because they are effectively no different than UDFAs. What a waste.

Like I said yesterday, it screams desperation move.

Getts tried to be his (normally right) smartass self when he let Nortman walk but he couldn't anticipate the punting position going as far south as it has.

Farooq

Banned
What do you think about picking Kruger up for DE help farooq?

I haven't seen him play, so I couldn't tell you.

But I love to look at combine numbers for edge defenders. After looking at his combine, he would be the least athletic defensive end on the roster. He has been productive in the past, but I wouldn't trust a 29 year old edge defender who has below average athleticism.

Its not that; old white dudes love giving money to college football players. Why do you think college football players go to Auburn?

Its really that it would completely fuck over college sports in general with Title IX.
Letting CFB profit off their own likeness would wreck Title IX? How?

This is an aside, but football counting towards Title IX never made any sense to me anyway. It's a profit center, not a cost center.

Anyway, paying (some) players on the down low is way cheaper than paying everybody above board. Just being good businessmen...

Striker

Hargreaves is the #1 overall CB in the preseason according to PFF. I choose to treat that as a big deal
Did he play with the 1's?

Apple did a great job with Decker the other night. Seems like he'll get some time in the season on the outside because DRC is still getting reps in the slot.

bionic77

What qualifies Olds vs Youngs, agewise?

I'll have money someday!! ...but will I be an old by then? 😞😞
It all depends on your life choices.

Kids and marriage quicken the aging process.

If you finish your residency single and go out into the wide world aiming to get your dick wet with the finest of the fine you will be young for awhile before age gets you and you will have to on your game to have a chance. If you get ensnared by some magic pussy before then and have a child or two you will likely be old before you even make it.

Honestly money is not often enjoyed to the fullest by those who earn it. Your smoking trophy wife and your lucky children will enjoy it far more than you ever will. Sadly you seem like a normal guy and I expect you to be married by the time you make it. If we are still here by that time you will likely be PMing me for tips on how to get discounts on luxury rugs and purses.

Farooq

Banned
@RapSheet
The #Cowboys have received calls from teams seeking to trade for RB Darren McFadden, source said. DAL really wants to keep him, though

Dude is going on NFI at the start of the season as insurance for injury.

Bitanator

So the Cowboys still haven't decided on putting Romo on IR Designated to Return because they want to see if he's ready to go by Week 6? What's the rush, why not wait the extra 2 weeks for Designated to Return?

I'd prefer them not to, realistically he should be ready to go for the Eagles game after the bye that is the upper 10 weeks time frame. If Dallas goes say 2-4 during those first six games, I'd want Romo back as soon as possible

Still can't run block! ;)

Better blocker than Newhouse but then so is my cat and he was a damn slight better in pass pro. Let's be honest, the season is going to live or die on Eli's arm. Just protect the man and give him time. He has the weapons if Shephard is the real deal and Cruz can be even 70% of what he was.

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz 9s10 seconds ago New York, USA
Beatty was on field working out for Giants at 7 a.m. today. They liked what they saw.

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz 27s28 seconds ago New York, USA
Giants whisked Beatty to Hospital for Special Surgery, pectoral and shoulder checked out fine, deal quickly done.

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz 1m1 minute ago New York, USA
Will Beatty gets a one-year deal for $1.1 million guaranteed. Another $750,000 in incentives.

Now just get Newhouse the fuck outta there.

BigAT

Its so hard to be a major league hitter.

Tim would be better off trying to do crossfit games or something like that.

Anyone that has seen his swing and knows baseball knows that he will never be a major league player. The only reason he's getting even a sniff from scouts is because of his name.

Bread

Banned
I'd like to announce that I am leaving my post at Breadstream to try to become a Major League Baseball player! I haven't played since middle school but Tim Tebow has proven that it is never too late to chase your dreams. I won't forget you guys when I'm big!

I'd like to announce that I am leaving my post at Breadstream to try to become a Major League Baseball player! I haven't played since middle school but Tim Tebow has proven that it is never too late to chase your dreams. I won't forget you guys when I'm big!
Whose in charge of the company boss?

BigAT

Wow, now Breadstream will lose all of its viewer.

Cagey

Banned
Beatty clicked his heels three times huh. He can't be worse than the drek we allege our NFL caliber backup offensive linemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom