• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farooq

Banned
CrE7doiWAAAtEmG.jpg

CrExnreXEAASdpD.jpg:small

BigAT

Anyone else not so into Hard Knocks this year? I've watched (and enjoyed) every year since Bengals 1 in 2009, but this year isn't doing it so much for me. Can't quite put my finger on what it is, but it's just not as engaging as in years past.

Probably doesn't help that Fisher comes off as a combination of boring and unlikable.

cdyhybrid

Anyone else not so into Hard Knocks this year? I've watched (and enjoyed) every year since Bengals 1 in 2009, but this year isn't doing it so much for me. Can't quite put my finger on what it is, but it's just not as engaging as in years past.

Probably doesn't help that Fisher comes off as a combination of boring and unlikable.

The Rams are a reflection of Fisher. Mediocre as fuck, nothing interesting about them.

Greg

Waufle is incredible though

Pretty sure that's what it is, just doesn't feel like a training camp, even a total dud like Philbin managed to run a better camp.

Posting a reminder for the sign ups:

Pick'ems

With Confidence Points:
Group ID: 6021
Password: (Quote to see)

Without:
Group ID: 6019

Survivor League
Group ID: 2891

And the Taco Bell League drafts Sat at 5pm Best coast time (PST) if that's ok with everyone

Taco Bell League (closed)
Pepiope
Floyd
sf2fanatic
bigosc2k
unknownstranger
chris
Chuckddd
CrocMother
Eleuin
gutshot
PD
Fantomex

Bread

Banned

last year sucked too

everything with watt was so bad

jfkgoblue

So I was on the Lions subreddit... apparently they have cheerleaders now? wtf one of the best parts was that as an old franchise, they didn't have cheerleaders. I can imagine the board meeting "So the fans are sick and tired of losing every year... lets distract them with tits!" ugh

Fantomex

Pretty sure that's what it is, just doesn't feel like a training camp, even a total dud like Philbin managed to run a better camp.

Pick'ems

With Confidence Points:

Without:

Survivor League

And the Taco Bell League drafts Sat at 5pm Best coast time (PST) if that's ok with everyone

Pepiope
Floyd
sf2fanatic
bigosc2k
unknownstranger
chris
Chuckddd
CrocMother
Eleuin
gutshot
PD
Fantomex

Signed up for the league. Got Em Runnin already.

I like the Taco Bell league. It's the best league. It's a great league and I'm gonna tell you why. You see the shirtless league is for the simps who are the establishment. But the Taco Bell league is great.

The entire team does. The only interesting guy is the dude with the tank top fetish.

This year it seems like they're barely showing any football, and when they do everybody has a sleepy ass attitude about it.

At least they ditched the "Fringe white guy who has less than zero chance of making the team" yearly subplot.

The entire team does. The only interesting guy is the dude with the tank top fetish.

This year it seems like they're barely showing any football, and when they do everybody has a sleepy ass attitude about it.

At least they ditched the "Fringe white guy who has less than zero chance of making the team" yearly subplot.

it's like an 8-8 season in tv show form.

Signed up for the league. Got Em Runnin already.

I like the Taco Bell league. It's the best league. It's a great league and I'm gonna tell you why. You see the shirtless league is for the simps who are the establishment. But the Taco Bell league is great.

You are a true friend, Dolphins-gaf ain't the same without you.

Every season had a white person subplot?

Yes, the Dolphins one had Chris Hogan, who is now with the cheats.

Seahawks trading Patrick Lewis :( was he really that bad? I thought he did fairly well, things seemed to pick up last season once he took center. Oh well, hopefully Britt does a better job

AntoneM

So I was on the Lions subreddit... apparently they have cheerleaders now? wtf one of the best parts was that as an old franchise, they didn't have cheerleaders. I can imagine the board meeting "So the fans are sick and tired of losing every year... lets distract them with tits!" ugh

Cardinals are older than your team and we got some fine cheer leaders
they are attractive too

AntoneM

Pick'ems

With Confidence Points:

Without:

Survivor League

Pepiope
Floyd
sf2fanatic
bigosc2k
unknownstranger
chris
Chuckddd
CrocMother
Eleuin
gutshot
PD
Fantomex
Shit, I signed up for the pick-em thinking it was CFB GAF, Welp, I can't seem to edit my name now. See you losers all below me at the end of the season!

Striker

I want NCAA Football back on consoles. It's the best football game
Modern Madden games can't even give users complete control of the depth chart where older games did and so did every NCAA game. :mad:

Practice squad thing honestly should have been in the game years ago.

I feel like I'm watching a California tourism video half the time.

Crisco

Banned
It really does seem like he's just trying to make it harder for the 49ers to cut him, especially after all this "Chip Kelly is a racist" bullshit. Maybe he's being sincere, but it's a tough sell coming from him.

MechDX

It really does seem like he's just trying to make it harder for the 49ers to cut him, especially after all this "Chip Kelly is a racist" bullshit. Maybe he's being sincere, but it's a tough sell coming from him.

Been saying this since it all started. Kap is worried about Kap.

In and page 2 people???

Draxal

One day you will have it. And the players will get a cut of the money! A win/win!

Struggle is that there's a lot of old, rich white dudes against it.

Its not that; old white dudes love giving money to college football players. Why do you think college football players go to Auburn?

Its really that it would completely fuck over college sports in general with Title IX.

Gobias

Banned
The talent is there.. But lack a lot of experience obviously. I think they can win the conference still with the talent they have been recruiting.

I have them winning 10 games and dropping three (Oklahoma, Wisconsin (that home field advantage at night with folks from Milwaukee being all loaded up.. It's not going to be easy), and Michigan) worst to winning the division and conference at best.

They have two weeks of warm-ups with Bowling Green and Tulsa.. And then Squicken's University 1 at week 3. If they win that, they can beat anyone on the schedule.

Floy you want my tickets for the Bowling Green game? Normally I wouldn't give such a great deal but for you they will only be $200.

Its not that; old white dudes love giving money to college football players. Why do you think college football players go to Auburn?

Its really that it would completely fuck over college sports in general with Title IX.
Yup.

Floy you want my tickets for the Bowling Green game? Normally I wouldn't give such a great deal but for you they will only be $200.
Friend, I would.. But I don't have two dollars on me right now let alone $200. Plus i don't have the cash to get to Columbus for the game. Thank you though.

Omg Floy take that deal, take it boi!
I can't.. I would if I could BG.. :(

I'm broke enough right now that I need to get your bamen noodle recipes.

Crisco

Banned
Wait, we let Nortman go because we weren't willing to match Jacksonville's offer, but we sign Andy Lee who's owed even more money and gave up a 4th round pick? 7th rounder we got back means nothing because they are effectively no different than UDFAs. What a waste.

Gobias

Banned
Friend, I would.. But I don't have two dollars on me right now let alone $200. Plus i don't have the cash to get to Columbus for the game. Thank you though.

I can't.. I would if I could BG.. :(

I'm broke enough right now that I need to get your bamen noodle recipes.

The price just got higher. Also, when I say tickets I mean one single ticket. You truly blew this deal of a lifetime,

Lol if Floy actually bought the tickets I would have moved him down ten spots for getting ripped off
Edit: I think you're still ahead of confrontation though

Line_HTX

NFL ‏@NFL 1h1 hour ago

UPDATE: #WASvsTB has been moved to Wednesday in an effort to avoid severe weather.

��: @NFLNetwork 8 p.m. ET

Wednesday Night Fuckball between Jabronis like DM and Slooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom