• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Those are like $2500+

OLED should become big, but they need to come down in price into a sane price range for the average consumer. They are amazing looking screens no doubt, but most people are not willing to pay that giant extra fee just for a better looking screen.

Feels like they should have been at mass market price for years at this point. How old is the Vita? Damn you panel makers!

OLED screens are the best but most people don't care about the best when it comes to their tv.

Give most people a huge screen that is bright as fuck and they will be happy.

No one gave a shit about plasmas either despite the motion being far superior to that of LCD.

That said if I didn't buy a tv last year I would have gone OLED. The blacks are crazy and things in motion are smooth as fuck.

Yeah I bought a really nice Sony 55" LED last year and it was only like $600 (I got discount after discount when I bitched because it was missing the remote and a bunch of screws, it was an open box model...took my happy ass down to Lowes and got some screws and bought a universal remote)

I want an OLED TV but I dunno. I have so many wants like those $1200 34" G-Sync Acer Ultra Widescreen monitors. Also a new car. Oh and when you buy a house apparently everything needs to be remodeled.

I need to win the fucking lottery already.

RBH

eacIv9C.gif

Looks like a Saints fan

BigAT

Bought a Panasonic VT50 in 2012. Babied and broke in that fucker for over 200 hours, still had IR issues. I used Disney's WOW dvd to make less noticeable, but I still see it. Mocking me.

Burn in/IR fucking sucks. I hopefully won't have to deal with that shit with my next purchase.

How the hell did you manage that? I bought a Panasonic plasma in '09, played a ton of video games on it and still never had any problem.

Feels like they should have been at mass market price for years at this point. How old is the Vita? Damn you panel makers!

They're not cheap to mass produce specifically because the yield rates are still shit. Something like 50% on larger 4K sets. Think about that. Half of the units produced are unusable. So yeah, they need to keep the price high to cover that cost. It's getting better though and quickly, too. I'd say in the next 2-3 years we'll reach more affordable OLED pricing. I'm quite happy with my Panny plasma (VT50 as well) and have no intention of upgrading until OLED is at the right price. The Vizio P series has tempted me though.:)

Farooq, don't know what to tell you, bro. I've logged thousands of hours and have had no issues. IR happens but disappears quickly and zero burn-in. Metric ton of video games on it, too. I don't use the THX setting for regular viewing. Only for movies and have had the set professionally calibrated. The regular cinema setting, properly calibrated even using the Disney Wow disc produces a fantastic picture and it allows you to turn on the pixel shifting tech to reduce IR. The THX mode does not.

Rotoworld said:
Citing multiple sources, Tony Romo (back) could miss closer to 8-10 weeks than the initially reported 6-10.

In other words, the Cowboys shouldn't be expecting Romo back until the more pessimistic side of initial estimates. Romo will undergo anther MRI this weekend, and "those results will dictate whether the Cowboys carry him on the 53-man roster or place him on injured reserve," from which Romo could be designated for return later in the season. Romo is expected to be out through Week 6 at the soonest, and the Cowboys have a bye in Week 7. It's looking more and more like Dak Prescott is a certainty to start until midseason, at which the Cowboys could have another tough decision to make if Prescott plays well.

Farooq

Banned
They're not cheap to mass produce specifically because the yield rates are still shit. Something like 50% on larger 4K sets. Think about that. Half of the units produced are unusable. So yeah, they need to keep the price high to cover that cost. It's getting better though and quickly, too. I'd say in the next 2-3 years we'll reach more affordable OLED pricing. I'm quite happy with my Panny plasma (VT50 as well) and have no intention of upgrading until OLED is at the right price. The Vizio P series has tempted me though.:)

Farooq, don't know what to tell you, bro. I've logged thousands of hours and have had no issues. IR happens but disappears quickly and zero burn-in. Metric ton of video games on it, too. I don't use the THX setting for regular viewing. Only for movies and have had the set professionally calibrated. The regular cinema setting, properly calibrated even using the Disney Wow disc produces a fantastic picture and it allows you to turn on the pixel shifting tech to reduce IR. The THX mode does not.

Yea, once I read the THX setting turns off the pixel orbiter I never used it, definitely didn't use it during the break in period. I usually only see the retained image when the screen displays a bright color, or when using the scrolling bar. What I see is the Netflix logo (top left when browsing titles) and a darkened area where subtitles are usually displayed. The only football I watch is the playoffs because I fear bad IR (had the fox sports logo retained for a while but it went away). I never game on the unit or watch broadcast tv. Maybe I got a lemon. Never had it professionally calibrated though, which I know is terrible on my part.

Jesus just give the Bucs a 3rd for Glennon!

We have tons of picks next year and at worst if Teddy never comes back we can try rolling with him while drafting a guy.

Ugh.

Pepiope

If the injury happened sooner I could see the Eagles moving Bradford, but it looks like he's sticking around for the year. He will just raise his stock for next offseason.

I honestly think they built that to look like a soccer stadium.

Retrofitting a roof onto a 30 year old stadium only gives you so many options, I do like the upgrade even though the Hard Rock branding will look pretty stupid but the new screens and the shade for the fans should make it a better experience, you might actually hear Dolphin fans screams on the tv again!

Pepiope

Yeah, the B.C. Lions will be all over him as soon as the season ends.
You can make jokes, but if he's healthy for the entire season and continues playing at the level he was during the 2nd half of last year, then he will get us back a 1st rounder in 2017.

cdyhybrid

You can make jokes, but if he's healthy for the entire season and continues playing at the level he was during the 2nd half of last year, then he will get us back a 1st rounder in 2017.

I don't need to make jokes when you make them for me <3

Even if he plays well ain't nobody giving you a first. Eagles have no leverage. You will have to choose between Bradford if he plays well enough to stick around or the guy you traded your draft for.

Pepiope

I don't need to make jokes when you make them for me <3

Even if he plays well ain't nobody giving you a first. Eagles have no leverage. You will have to choose between Bradford if he plays well enough to stick around or the guy you traded your draft for.
We'd have all the leverage. Trade him to a QB needy team or stick with him and let Wentz sit another year (or QB competition). It's not like we'll be in a rush to trade a QB of his caliber.

cdyhybrid

+1 for CFL reference.
+1 for jab at Eagles.
-1 for hurting Romo.

Pro Gaf Focus gives this post a grade of +1.
I was going to say the Argonauts because that's the only CFL team I can name without Google, but I didn't want to put that evil on my boy Kave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom