• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost forgot...

fUjHqd.gif

As much as I liked what I saw from Dak during the previous 3 games, I'm not putting too much faith in him for this season. Lots of potential, but still too raw to expect constant great plays from him. For better or worse, this will be a learning experience for him being tossed into the fray so quickly. Just pray he doesn't have glass bones like Romo and Bradford. Though I generally hate the Cowboys, like with Romo I'm going be rooting for Dak and his personal success.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It took me awhile to figure out why this thread felt so different and I finally realized it's the lack of Kas.

Feels way different without:

Godslay
Buckethead
eznark
cajun
chan
snes
Dragon

If you go look at the top posters in the old threads, those names came up more often than not.

bionic77

Godslay
Buckethead
eznark
cajun
chan
snes
Dragon

If you go look at the top posters in the old threads, those names came up more often than not.
We need to get some new blood.

We used to get it via the threads in OT, but no one comes to community so our numbers keep dwindling. Especially after Gata starting snitching.

Don't more people post during the regular season?

I know I post during the regular season and post-season and ghost out during the off-season and pre-season.

bionic77

Don't more people post during the regular season?

I know I post during the regular season and post-season and ghost out during the off-season and pre-season.
Normally during preseason shit starts to get hot and it builds to maximum frenzy for the first month of the season (when we all still have hope). Usually by the first week of October all of the Bears fans have left the country and many other fans have already started to lose enthusiasm (it is really hard to keep convincing yourself that your team is good when you have 2 functioning eyes). Things have been slow this year.

I hope that we get new posters for week 1 but Gata has been so effective that the herd has been thinned to levels I don't remember seeing since I joined this thread many a many long moon ago.

Someone needs to make a dynamite thread for week 1 (no pressure) and also we should all contribute more to threads in the OT so people can see that we are not all weirdos (not sure if this is actually possible with the current population).

He only missed 2 games last season. Now he's completely recovered, a full off-season to just focus on football and not injuries...He'll be fine.
Point is he hasn't been healthy for an entire season since Obama was campaigning for reelection. 2 games is 2 games more than the average starting QB misses ever, let alone the least he's lost in 4 fucking years. Fuck benefit of the doubt, he needs to earn trust in his Brittle Bones now

Yeah, I've only (only) been here 5 years and it feels like a completely different place now. In some ways better, in others worse.

But I like the core group of guys/gals we have here now. Even with the OGs gone

Old news? Just found out Mike Carey isn't coming back as CBS's "officiating expert."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-fans-had-been-more-patient-with-mike-carey/

CBS Sports chairman Sean McManus said Carey needed time to grow into his role, and the audience didn’t give Carey the time to grow.

“It takes some people a while to develop into good broadcasters, and the viewing public was not as patient as I thought they might be,” McManus said, via Neil Best of Newsday.

But nationally televised NFL games are the wrong place to grow into broadcasting. If Carey wasn’t ready for the job, CBS shouldn’t have put him on the air in front of tens of millions of viewers, who don’t want to be patient with an officiating analyst who’s consistently wrong.

Normally during preseason shit starts to get hot and it builds to maximum frenzy for the first month of the season (when we all still have hope). Usually by the first week of October all of the Bears fans have left the country and many other fans have already started to lose enthusiasm (it is really hard to keep convincing yourself that your team is good when you have 2 functioning eyes). Things have been slow this year.

I hope that we get new posters for week 1 but Gata has been so effective that the herd has been thinned to levels I don't remember seeing since I joined this thread many a many long moon ago.

Someone needs to make a dynamite thread for week 1 (no pressure) and also we should all contribute more to threads in the OT so people can see that we are not all weirdos (not sure if this is actually possible with the current population).
Maybe you should leave

bionic77

Not Carey!

I loved that guy. He was so entertaining. Everyone gets excited when he came on the air to explain something and then we would all wait to see how he fucked it all up.

He always delivered too.

Boo NFL! Boo CBS!!!

I think I remember seeing some stat or someone saying he had actually gotten more right calls than wrong despite the perception otherwise but yeah, dude was not good in front of a camera, sorry.

Wait, really?

Although I guess the wrong calls stuck out more because of how wrong they were.

Beach

I have no idea why. I mean half the posts are about Bread's imaginary company and the other half are about people being degenerates or thugs.

So welcoming!
As a guy who participates semi frequently in this thread and has been lurking for maybe 10 or so years, this offseason was actually pretty good compared to the past few. That one offseason with just Chan and Gator going back and forth for pages and that dude posting huge pics from his trip from Ireland, I can see why people would feel left out and not willing to participate

As a guy who participates semi frequently in this thread and has been lurking for maybe 10 or so years, this offseason was actually pretty good compared to the past few. That one offseason with just Chan and Gator going back and forth for pages and that dude posting huge pics from his trip from Ireland, I can see why people would feel left out and not willing to participate

You don't love Konkers posting creep shots of chicks from bars inside 324234234 year old Irish buildings?

Bowser

Godslay
Buckethead
eznark
cajun
chan
snes
Dragon

What happened to Godslay?

And yeah, I normally ghost out during the offseason except basically the draft and first week of free agency. I'm ready for the season to get started now though, get that Panthers revenge tour going on the way to 13-3, a 4th straight division title and the franchise's first Owl.

brentech

What happened to Godslay?

And yeah, I normally ghost out during the offseason except basically the draft and first week of free agency. I'm ready for the season to get started now though, get that Panthers revenge tour going on the way to 13-3, a 4th straight division title and the franchise's first Owl.
Godslay asked for a perm ban. He did the Elway.

BigAT

Yeah, there's definitely some rose colored glasses going on. There are regulars on that list that honestly should have been banned and won't be missed in the least.

I think some of you are too quick to associate familiarity with quality.

brentech

I just wish there was more football talk. Would rather have the thread fall into oblivion than see some of the shit I see during the offseason.

Hindl

I just wish there was more football talk. Would rather have the thread fall into oblivion than see some of the shit I see during the offseason.

There's nothing really to talk about tho. You can only talk about training camp battles between players that aren't making the team anyway for so long

I have no idea why. I mean half the posts are about Bread's imaginary company and the other half are about people being degenerates or thugs.

So welcoming!

It's mostly populated by Pats fans, and normal, sane people absolutely despise the Pats. The diehards in here have shields at maximum at all times to deflect their stench!

If we shunted Pats-GAF to their own thread, we'd get more people in here.

brentech

There's nothing really to talk about tho. You can only talk about training camp battles between players that aren't making the team anyway for so long
That's why I said I'd rather see it fall?

Instead, people post a lot of shit that about three people respond to and it becomes a bit of a circle jerk, for lack of better term.
I don't see a problem with people talking games on a gaming forum in here, but a lot of that sub culture stuff has its own threads on gaf and it likely deserves to be posted there instead. But I'm just a guy and that's my opinion.

Crisco

Banned
Panthers had a pretty successful camp I'd say. No major injuries, secondary looks competent, last years rookies look like this year's stars. I like that we start the year facing a bunch of unproven QBs, they will all struggle against our front seven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom