• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Butts was a bunch of banned people sharing an account, right?

yep

That's why I said I'd rather see it fall?

Instead, people post a lot of shit that about three people respond to and it becomes a bit of a circle jerk, for lack of better term.
I don't see a problem with people talking games on a gaming forum in here, but a lot of that sub culture stuff has its own threads on gaf and it likely deserves to be posted there instead. But I'm just a guy and that's my opinion.

I'll concede that the quality of off topic posting here can be super shit a lot of the time.

On the other hand, it's a community thread and I like to think we're all friends here.

It's about finding a balance and we're just really terrible at doing that most days.

Anyway I'm sure if ez were still here he'd post something like "oh is it time for our weekly navel gazing bitch fest?"

MechDX

Louis Riddick ✔ @LRiddickESPN
QB Tom Savage #Texans. If you haven't looked at his tape yet this preseason, you should. https://twitter.com/mcclain_on_nfl/status/771189782382686208 …
11:03 PM - 31 Aug 2016

102450-nicolas-cage-wink-gif-smiling-IFKN.gif

Give us two 2nds and he is yours Vikings.

Tom Penny

Yeah, I've only (only) been here 5 years and it feels like a completely different place now. In some ways better, in others worse.

But I like the core group of guys/gals we have here now. Even with the OGs gone
Some people don't like shit talking which is basically the most fun part. That's what shut down the NBA thread. People catch feelings snitch or say dumb shit and got themselves banned. You should be able to hate freely !!!

ACE 1991

Going to the Eagles final preseason game tonight, I'm pumped! Meaningless football means $13 tickets. Also, is it against the rules to discuss knockoff jerseys here?

Go Birds.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Good morning

Welcome back, and two things
1) try not to get banned again
2)Time to get aboard the Dak Train
I hope Dak's the real deal just to piss off the rest of the division. Following up 10 years of top-level play from a UFA and follow that up with a 4th-rounder while Philly's out here fumbling with Carson Wentz and Sam Bradford's corpse? That's heavenly.

MechDX

I think Brady is going to play tonight.

I posted a Charles Robinson tweet last night about that. It went unnoticed because everyone was too pre-occupied with TV talk and bread's "company".

Dumb move if it happens. Why put your franchise QB out there with a bunch of scrubs who will do ANYTHING to get noticed including knocking the shit out of a future hall of fame QB? Didnt Rex do this with Sanchez a few years ago and it turned out badly?

Pepiope

Point is he hasn't been healthy for an entire season since Obama was campaigning for reelection. 2 games is 2 games more than the average starting QB misses ever, let alone the least he's lost in 4 fucking years. Fuck benefit of the doubt, he needs to earn trust in his Brittle Bones now
Ya, which is why a full year without injury is definitely going to raise his stock, and if his WR core figures out how to catch a football he may actually put together a decent season.

I hope Dak's the real deal just to piss off the rest of the division. Following up 10 years of top-level play from a UFA and follow that up with a 4th-rounder while Philly's out here fumbling with Carson Wentz and Sam Bradford's corpse? That's heavenly.
I hope Dak is as good as Romo. Good enough to go 8-8 and give Dallas hope, but not good enough to win the super bowl. 10 more years!

Pep I thought you had moved past this absurd Bradford talk.

He's got no line, no WRs, a RB made of glass and on top of that the Chief's OC calling the plays. That's not a recipe for success.

I posted a Charles Robinson tweet last night about that. It went unnoticed because everyone was too pre-occupied with TV talk and bread's "company".

Dumb move if it happens. Why put your franchise QB out there with a bunch of scrubs who will do ANYTHING to get noticed including knocking the shit out of a future hall of fame QB? Didnt Rex do this with Sanchez a few years ago and it turned out badly?

Because Brady deserves to be punished for his crimes.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

He's got no line, no WRs, a RB made of glass and on top of that the Chief's OC calling the plays. That's not a recipe for success.

In the same post he suggests Romo can't win a Super Bowl but that Bradford is great.

My mind is full of fuck.

Pepiope

It's not absurd to think he can be a good serviceable QB. Yeah, if the line sucks and the WRs can't catch then we're screwed, but who knows.

I also think we can't go making jokes about Pederson anymore. He's done everything right so far. The way he's fucking with Kendricks is amazing too.

In the same post he suggests Romo can't win a Super Bowl but that Bradford is great.

My mind is full of fuck.
'Put together a decent season' is great? Hmm.

This is what it's like to experience Browns and Lions and Bengals fandom, I imagine. Convincing yourself every year is the year it all changes and not being satisfied with any possible evidence to the contrary, even on the last possible day of the year when it's already statistically not going to happen.

This is what it's like to experience Browns and Lions and Bengals fandom, I imagine. Convincing yourself every year is the year it all changes and not being satisfied with any possible evidence to the contrary, even on the last possible day of the year when it's already statistically not going to happen.
8-8! Hue gotta believe friend!

It's not absurd to think he can be a good serviceable QB. Yeah, if the line sucks and the WRs can't catch then we're screwed, but who knows.

I also think we can't go making jokes about Pederson anymore. He's done everything right so far. The way he's fucking with Kendricks is amazing too.

'Put together a decent season' is great? Hmm.

Look at the last offensive drive he coached during an actual game. We definitely can and will make jokes about him.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Fuck it, let's do a list of top 5 starting qb's in the league.

5. Christian Ponder
4. Ryan Fitzpatrick
3. Sam Bradford
2. Mark Sanchez
1. Matt Stafford

Gigglepoo

Why do the Lions have such terrible odds this season? They don't seem any worse than most of the mediocre NFC and a lot better than the conference's dregs.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Why do the Lions have such terrible odds this season? They don't seem any worse than most of the mediocre NFC and a lot better than the conference's dregs.

When one of the all-time great receivers quits when he's still relatively healthy, you have to wonder what is going on.

Gigglepoo

When one of the all-time great receivers quits when he's still relatively healthy, you have to wonder what is going on.

Eh, he was on the decline anyway. Golden Tate is pretty damn good, too. I grant you their coach is one of the worst but they were pretty good once Jim Bob Cooter took over the offense last year.

If I were a betting man, they'd be my long-shot pick.

Now there going to lose 14 games to make me look like a (bigger) moron.

bionic77

That's why I'm here
Nothing about you is new anymore. Not your blood, vanishing hairline, or cargo pants. Probably not even the girls you trick into touch you are young anymore...

It's over Ninja. You had your day in the sun. We both did. We had some good times. Time for a new generation of degenerates to take over. I saved you a spot on the porch and a fresh newspaper.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I am here to spread the good word of Hue.

8-8 Believe!

#hue
#wedoingthis
#wegotthis
#freehim
#soon
#myboy
#notBG'sboy

bionic77

Blessing in disguise. Now Fatford can show how truly elite he is by forcing the ball to ALL of his receivers.

Christmas came early if you are a CB, safety, etc playing the Lions this year. That said I see Fatty being a good pickup for fantasy. The garbage points he will score this year is going to win a few leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom