• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
college football? BG pls

I'm going to Cleve for the game tonight[]
First time going to the stadium? If so its actually pretty nice now, actually feels like a professional stadium. The scoreboards are nice. Tailgate if you can!
Gets to host draft
Has no first round picks.

jnc Eagles
Funniest thing about this. Although I feel the Browns pick via Philly will be heavily booed
I am here to spread the good word of Hue.

8-8 Believe!

#hue
#wedoingthis
#wegotthis
#freehim
#soon
#myboy
#ImAsloot
We're doing it!

Sheeeeeei

Why does this godawful city get a reward like this?

What is godawful about Philadelphia? The city successfully hosted the Pope and the DNC with no hiccups, is the fourth largest media market in the country, is in close proximity to other large football markets, is extremely affordable, and has plenty of great public spaces in which to host the event. It's frankly a better choice than most cities in the country for an event like this.

Blessing in disguise. Now Fatford can show how truly elite he is by forcing the ball to ALL of his receivers.

Christmas came early if you are a CB, safety, etc playing the Lions this year. That said I see Fatty being a good pickup for fantasy. The garbage points he will score this year is going to win a few leagues.

I picked him up in one of my leagues for that reason.

bionic77

What does 8-8 mean in Cleveland?

In the civilized world this is how we explain wins and losses but it must carry another meaning entirely in Cleve.

Defenses were scheming to stop Megatron. If anything the Lions will be better because defenses won't know which weapon Stafford will choose.

MechDX

philly fans are very protective of their city

battery_pile.jpg

Lock n load!

philly fans are very protective of their city

Not really. People just don't know the rule. Only Philadelphians are allowed to talk shit on our city. We talk a ton of shit on it. But I don't want dumbasses that have never set foot in the city talking like they know shit when they don't know a thing.

Tom Penny

I'm hoping, I won a league with him a few years ago too lol The pot for this one is $700 so I probably jinxed myself already :(
Drew Brees has won me close to 3k in my 2QB keeper league. We just blew it up and started over and went to one qb. He was a juggernaut. I have him again though and your bitch ass QB as backup.

went in... 2009(?) when they played the Packers in the regular season
Yeah it's a lot nicer now. Try to avoid the radioactive monsters though
Not really. People just don't know the rule. Only Cleves are allowed to talk shit on our city. We talk a ton of shit on it. But I don't want dumbasses that have never set foot in the city talking like they know shit when they don't know a thing.
Damn never knew you were such a Cleve fan. Settle down buddy!

Philadelphia has a term for when people shit on their own city: Negadelphians. Do Cleves have a similar term?

Brown fans.

Drew Brees has won me close to 3k in my 2QB keeper league. We just blew it up and started over and went to one qb. He was a juggernaut. I have him again though and your bitch ass QB as backup.

Nice, I wanted Brees but he went a round earlier. I also picked up Tannehill as back up, mostly because he has low int rate so in a pinch I can at least trust him to not fuck me over during a bye or something.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
That is amazing, where did you hear that? Man I got a text from my buddy that Iused to go to the draft with every year asking if I was going to fly back for the Philly draft. Man I wish I could go so much.

You should definitely go. The drafts always seem like such a fun group of rowdy fans.

I hope Dak's the real deal just to piss off the rest of the division. Following up 10 years of top-level play from a UFA and follow that up with a 4th-rounder while Philly's out here fumbling with Carson Wentz and Sam Bradford's corpse? That's heavenly.
I look at him as black Tim Tebow (similar size, can run, played in a similar offense as Tim.. (Remember Dan Mullen was Urban's OC at Florida) Except unlike him, Dak can actually throw a football.

He needs time to develop into a pro QB. But he has the physical tools and can carry a team especially at third rate program in Mississippi State (and especially when your instate rival has clearly bought players to join the program in Ole Miss)

The overseers gave us Floy.

That's a punishment

Isn't that an argument for this place to become even more insular?
:(

I try to be a good person.

If you guys can stomach another Packers fan, I'll stop lurking quite so much.
Welcome friend. We are the nicest people in the world.

This is what it's like to experience Browns and Lions and Bengals fandom, I imagine. Convincing yourself every year is the year it all changes and not being satisfied with any possible evidence to the contrary, even on the last possible day of the year when it's already statistically not going to happen.
Welcome to the club.

8-8! Hue gotta believe friend!
I believe

Fuck it, let's do a list of top 5 starting qb's in the league.

5. Christian Ponder
4. Ryan Fitzpatrick
3. Sam Bradford
2. Mark Sanchez
1. Matt Stafford
Oh you :)

Friends we will literally be blessed with football all weekend. Thursday-Monday, college football is here!
Absolutely :)

college football? BG pls

I'm going to Cleve for the game tonight
Greg pls

You're good people Mech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom