• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

3 of the 4 Browns regulars now accept me for the person I am. I wish nothing but the best for Kave, Floyd and Gobias.

Why wont BG accept me??

Doomsayer

I've been posting almost exclusively in this thread for nearly 9 years now.

I normally ghost the off-season (as I did again this year) but post regularly during the season. Last year was just me bitching about what a garbage product was on the field league wide.

I don't think I'll be so negative this year.

I normally ghost the off-season (as I did again this year) but post regularly during the season. Last year was just me bitching about what a garbage product was on the field league wide.

No reason to be negative this year. You guys got a great head coach.

cdyhybrid

But it'll be the same product this year.

Brady starting tonight. Jimmy G not playing.
So dumb.

Watch him get Romo'd.

Farooq

Banned
@clarencehilljr
Former Texas A&M qb Jerrod Johnson will be signed by the Cowboys for tonight's game vs. the Texans. Will be Showers emergency backup

5'8 Cole Beasley throwing the rock would have been fun.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-s...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Take pride, Boston. No one will ever topple you. You are SHIT. You ace every category of Bad Fandom: self-pity, racism, arrogance, whininess, racism, entitlement, paranoia, racism, defensiveness… all of it. Thanks to your ultimate defeat in Ballghazi, you are now a permanent voting bloc of the pathologically insane and stupid. Look at Toilet Boy Bill Simmons trying to wring a SECOND horrible bit out of Ballghazi months and months after the fact. This man is a sociopath, just like the rest of you.

Imagine how miserable you have to be to get me to take Roger Goodell’s side in anything. And yet, here we are. The derangement is real. All I need to see is a 12 jersey in your Twitter avatar to know that you’re a Shutter Island patient. Not only do Boston fans still congratulate themselves on living in that miserable shithole of a town (even when they don’t live there anymore), but they all pretend that they invented takes that have been commonplace forever. WHY THE FACK AREN’T PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT HOW BAD RAWDGAH GOODELL IS?! MUST I DO EVERYTHING? These are trashy people with ZERO self-awareness: filing bullshit lawsuits, manufacturing their own realities, and expecting the world to embrace them at every turn. I guess that explains the Trump connection.

Hindl

Brady starting tonight. Jimmy G not playing.

Dumb. Mech was right that's just asking for an injury. There's no benefit, are they really that concerned about him being rusty?

jesus christ

pats fans are the worst

I remember a pats fan once said that they didn't even care if the pats won the Super Bowl that year. The only thing that would satisfy them would be 19-0. I have a feeling that was in the version of this article from last year or something. A lot of people aren't that extreme, but they've gotten too used to success. Meanwhile my team's only hopes of the playoffs is the fact that we are in the dumpster fire of the NFCEast and Romo is broken

I got first dibs on drafting Landry

By all means I have little faith in my team lol

Speaking of which...

Twenty years without Don Shula

Today is September 1, 2016. On this date 20 years ago, the Miami Dolphins opened their 1996 season with a victory over the New England Patriots in a game that was memorable primarily because it was the first one played without Don Shula roaming the sidelines for the first time since 1970.

But the past 20 years have been lost in a time warp of pain, frustration, and, too often, embarrassment.

Dolphins fans in 1996 complained their team needed a new coach because he was perpetually 10-6 and it had been a decade since Shula got them to the Super Bowl.

Dolphins fans in 2016 haven't been to the playoffs, indeed haven't had a winning season, since 2008. And they haven't won a playoff game since 2000.

Perspective.

But the past 20 years? Frightening.

Below is a look at the history of Dolphins head coaches (no interims) after Don Shula and before Adam Gase. In the comments section, kindly rate these administrations best to worst if you like:

Jimmy Johnson (1996-99): ......... But he left his successor plenty of talent. Oh, about that departure … Johnson exited after a final 62-7 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Dave Wannstedt (2000-04): ............ Did we mention he also made the decision that forced Dan Marino off the roster?

Nick Saban (2005-06). ..........The good coach was failed by a terrible personnel man. That terrible personnel man's name is Nick Saban. Saban picked Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees -- a decision that set the franchise back perhaps a decade.

Cam Cameron (2007): .........Oh, yes, there was also a player mutiny at the end of the season and Joey Porter reportedly threatened to end Cameron on a plane ride home from a loss.

Tony Sparano (2008-11): ......... his relationship with general manager Jeff Ireland went bad and his relationship with new owner Stephen Ross never got off the ground.

Joe Philbin (2012-14):......... His greatest achievement was convincing owner Ross that he was the solution when seemingly everyone but Ross realized he wasn't.

I edited a bunch out....I was starting to get a little too excited for this season, glad Armando was able to bring me back down.

Bread

Banned
I remember a pats fan once said that they didn't even care if the pats won the Super Bowl that year. The only thing that would satisfy them would be 19-0. I have a feeling that was in the version of this article from last year or something. A lot of people aren't that extreme, but they've gotten too used to success. Meanwhile my team's only hopes of the playoffs is the fact that we are in the dumpster fire of the NFCEast and Romo is broken
Were you listening to the sports hub? I heard someone say this exact thing.

The debate in like week 9 was about how Murray didn't want to get to 18-0 because the pressure would be too much, how he'd rather lose 1 in the regular season so they knew how to battle back. (I agreed, I want nothing to do with 18-0 ever again).

Someone called in and said they have won enough super bowls, they didn't mean anything to him anymore. Spoiled idiot.

jesus christ

pats fans are the worst

The debate in like week 9 was about how Murray didn't want to get to 18-0 because the pressure would be too much, how he'd rather lose 1 in the regular season so they knew how to battle back. (I agreed, I want nothing to do with 18-0 ever again).

Someone called in and said they have won enough super bowls, they didn't mean anything to him anymore. Spoiled idiot.

Weren't you one of the people who laughed when I said the second Brady's gone, a significant portion (easily over a quarter) of the fanbase will stop watching/caring

The people who are gone the moment he's gone exist, and there are a lot of them. And it's hilarious

Bread

Banned
Weren't you one of the people who laughed when I said the second Brady's gone, a significant portion (easily over a quarter) of the fanbase will stop watching/caring

The people who are gone the moment he's gone exist, and there are a lot of them. And it's hilarious
No that doesn't sound like me, I know so many shitty Boston sports fans that only support the team when they're good.

So I've just heard that they decided to make a pumpkin pie Jack Daniels.

Put me on the list of people that think sweetening whiskey in any way, shape, or form is a big no-no.

That Tennessee Honey shit they came out with was trash too.

Football-related, tonight marks DeAngelo Williams' first game in Carolina since he left. Unlike when Steve Smith left where most of the fanbase was just mad at Getts, there are A LOT of cats around here who were actually more mad at 34 and how he left the organization than they were at the team for cutting him. Would be an interesting subplot if he was playing.

Greg

So I've just heard that they decided to make a pumpkin pie Jack Daniels.

Put me on the list of people that think sweetening whiskey in any way, shape, or form is a big no-no.

That Tennessee Honey shit they came out with was trash too.
Tennessee Honey is too sweet, but American Honey is legit

on ice in the summer mmmmm

Bread

Banned
Pumpkin pie JD?!!?!?!

*faints

i love the honey shit, and jim beam maple is delicious too. i don't care if it ain't manly!

where'd you see this grovo? i googled it and nothing cam eup

Hindl

Tennessee Honey is too sweet, but American Honey is legit

on ice in the summer mmmmm

Truth, American Honey is great.

Nah, don't listen to sports radio, but it's probable that wherever I saw that story just pulled it from there

Why play against the Giants of all teams and in New York
Giants own you Brady , watch you get injured you big baby

The game against the shitty Browns is basically pre season anyway

cdyhybrid

I'm excited to see if the offense can look serviceable with Yo Gabba Gabba or Kaepersitting, but I'm not expecting much from the defense.

More than likely, but I'll at least try to enjoy it.
I was thinking the other day that I wished you guys still had Harbaugh. Those games were so exciting.

Can you imagine Pete, Harbs, and Arians going at it for a decade in the same division?

Hindl

You live in Boston though right?

But yeah maybe i posted about it here when I heard it last year.

Yeah Allston/Brighton specifically. Lots of friends who are pats fans, but they're generally realistic and realize they are living in a golden era that's coming to a close

Yeah I have a few memories of Marino from when I was super young but that's it... Being a Dolphins fan without experiencing the best of the Marino or anything before him is basically... being a Browns fan.

I'm a Browns fan.

Oh god... :( I would say maybe move teams with Fanto...but that's like leaving a sinking ship for a burning one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom